Weird event at Walmart

DaveS

Folks, while my Daughter and myself was shopping at Wally World this morning, I had the absolute weirdest thing happen to me. Me and my Daughter was looking at frozen vegetables to put in a pot of Venison Stew. While we were standing there a nicely dressed Black Lady (in her mid to late 30's) walked up to me and said "Sir; back over Christmas a total stranger paid for some groceries for me. God says I must give this to you". The Lady handed me a twenty dollar bill. Then she said "God is Great" and then walked away. I caught up to her and said "Ma'am, I can't take your money from you", and then she said "it isn't mine to give, it's God's". She again walked away. I caught up to her again and argued with her a few and she again walked away. I'm at a total loss...I don't know what to do with this 20. Give it to a homeless person? 

Dave

Edited by DaveS

Get yourself a haircut and shave with it, so next time you don't look like you need it! ;)

That's absolutely funny right there, because my hair and beard is longer than it has been since the 60's/70's!! Good advice!

Dave

Maybe a $20 tip to a waitress you know is having a hard time?

This.

You were chosen to be a vector.  Very nice.  I get exactly why the lady acted as she did. 

You will be part of rocking someone's world.  Perhaps they need the $, perhaps they just need to know....

Way cool.

(and don't hesitate to include a short note with the story)

Oh Yeah... also include your own tip.  That one ain't yours.

Edited by R_Bert
  • Like 7

This.

You were chosen to be a vector.  Very nice.  I get exactly why the lady acted as she did. 

You will be part of rocking someone's world.  Perhaps they need the $, perhaps they just need to know....

Way cool.

(and don't hesitate to include a short note with the story)

Oh Yeah... also include your own tip.  That one ain't yours.

R_Bert is on the money! Sorry for the awful pun, but his thoughts are great.  Make a gesture that might make a difference for spmeone else.

Very good idea's folks. I'll be at Campbell's Kitchen for a meeting with our battery (Civil War Artillery), and I'll make some stranger's day. That's the only way I'll feel right about this 20.

Dave

I love stories like this. You're a good man (albeit a rather hairy man), so I'm sure you'll find a way to put it to good use.

Thanks TDR. I think I'll find an elderly person to pass it on to tomorrow, or leave it as a tip at the restaurant where we are holding our meeting.

Dave

You're a lucky man to have gotten 'tapped' to pay it forward.  I'm gonna find someone to give to....I'd like to challenge us all to start a random pay it forward effort for no apparent reason to someone we encounter.  BE LIKE DAVE!

Edit:  By the way, the nice lady gave to you, you shared the info with a bunch of pretty decent folks.  Her giving, and your sharing, may have sparked something in a few of us that could actually make a difference in someone's life.  The 'mo' doesn't need to stop with Dave doing something cool with the idea when for the less than the cost of a pre-Newtown .22 brick we can all do some good.

Edited by homeagain
  • Like 2

You're a lucky man to have gotten 'tapped' to pay it forward.  I'm gonna find someone to give to....I'd like to challenge us all to start a random pay it forward effort for no apparent reason to someone we encounter.  BE LIKE DAVE!

And I'll start it off tomorrow!

Dave

With the economy being what it is there are a lot of hungry families out there. I like the earlier idea. Put a bit more with it and find a family that needs it. Or even better find a family that needs something to eat and take them to wallyworld for a reasonable amount of groceries. Tell you what, I'll put $20 with what you've got. leave me an address.

Ray

rzillick@gmail.com

The steps of the godly are directed by the LORD. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will not fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand. 

Once I was young, and now I am old. Yet I have never seen the godly forsaken, nor seen their children begging for bread. The godly always give generous loans to others, and their children are a blessing.   

(Psalm 37:23-26 NLT)

Edited by R_Bert
  • Like 1

With the economy being what it is there are a lot of hungry families out there. I like the earlier idea. Put a bit more with it and find a family that needs it. Or even better find a family that needs something to eat and take them to wallyworld for a reasonable amount of groceries. Tell you what, I'll put $20 with what you've got. leave me an address.

Ray

rzillick@gmail.com

I'm going to add some more to it tomorrow and unload that and the 20 because it is bugging me to death. I don't like people giving me things like that. I have always been a giver and not a taker! Maybe you can get something going out your way to help someone with that twenty.

Dave

Edited by DaveS

I'm going to add some more to it tomorrow and unload that and the 20 because it is bugging me to death. I don't like people giving me things like that. I have always been a giver and not a taker! Maybe you can get something going out your way to help someone with that twenty.

Dave

I have been on both sides of the equation.

Don't let it bug you.  Truly, it is a blessing. Sleep well tonight.

Dave

One of the hardest things I've learned to do as an adult is to graciously accept a gift from someone.

You know that good feeling you get from giving something or doing something special for them? Well, you are denying someone that same feeling when you don't accept their gift.

• Like 3