Very interesting walmart tactic...

He said " try back tomorrow , this store is now going to set ammo out at random times. We are tired of making 5 resellers happy and pissing off 500 customers who actually but other merchandise.

Maybe they have been reading the gun forums. That has been suggested many times.
Good for them.
The sporting goods employees are ready for it... They were all back at the counter..the young employee pointed up to what they call the "honest camera"... Do all Wally's have a camera above the sporting goods counter? I'm guessing they do for the guns... I imagine the fighting and cussing over the last box of 22 is way old to an every day counter worker...

I was told over a month ago at my WM that they would begin putting out ammo at random times.  Still no joy on .22 until yesterday afternoon at about 2:45 pm.  They were in the process shelving 100 round packs of Winchester Super-X, not my favorite and the price was outrageous but it was there.

I was in Walmart a few days before Christmas. I stopped by sporting goods and seen a line of about 10 or so people. From the looks of it most were picking up guns. There were some 22 on the shelf as well so who knows. I was looking at some scopes when I seen some adults act awful.

Well a mother, and her son who didn't look 10, were there picking up his Christmas present. He was getting a nice bolt action 22 which was probably his first "real" gun. After the background they began ringing up the purchase but before they paid they asked for a few boxes of 22. They weren't getting all of it but you wouldn't know it based on how the adults were acting. The second she asked for the two boxes a universal "huff" came from the crowd followed by comments about how it was BS followed by a lot if whispering. It was enough that the mother was looking around to figure out what was going on.

Hopefully the kid didn't catch on but the mother sure did.

I say this because something needs to give when adults are bitching about a kid getting a gun and ammo.
  • Like 15
People tell me " you should have been hoarding before now " " you screwed up not putting enough back". I want to just slap the piss out them and show them my AR conversion and glock conversion. My wife shoots her dads Ruger MK2. We SHOOT our ammo. Plus I donate 1,000 rounds every year to Boy Scout shooting teams. I take new people shooting and we start with .22's. Considering how much .22 I give away to new shooters and Boy Scouts, I do get a little testy when I can't replace what I shoot. Nobody, nobody needs 50,000 rounds of .22. It's not a great defense round, and it doesn't keep as good as people think. I've shot ammo that I've kept high and dry and you can feel and smell the difference round to round. It's just insane these idiots.
When they put out BS 22's that you aren't interested in, if you just leave it instead of buying it because it's 22, the sellves will start to fill up. If you have a little stock pile, and they put out some CCI, just get one box instead of your limit of 3, the selves will start to fill up.

It's the folks buying it because it's there that's making this a shortage!!!!!

Use your head.

FlyBoy

I was in a Wal Mart today in a near by city, not the one here, as I also had to go to Lowes. I did a check at the ammo counter for, of all things, .380 for the Mrs., none to be found. The guy working back there asked if I was finding what I needed and we started to talk when I saw one lonely box of CCI. I chuckled and commented on it. He asked if I needed some and I said no that I would leave it for the next guy. He said "don't worry, we have a new plan that is working well, and we have quite a bit." I was pretty impressed with what they are doing, It is not what is being decribed in this thread, but is very clever to weed out the "same ole loosers", his words, not mine. All of this is to say that I also believe that Wally is fed up with the bad press they are recieving as far as being seen as part of the cycle of reselling.

Edited by gunwhatgun

Talked to a local sporting goods dept employee and he said they're going to continue to put out ammo in the morning because, "it's a good system that works for us". My response was, "oh, you don't have people waiting for ammo every morning with the intent to resell it?" He didn't have a response to that.

Since i haven't been working at wal-mart,I haven't really checked on ammo much.Haven't had a need to buy ammo unless i happen to come across some that i need. I don't have to get my limit either. But hopefully the new system some wal-marts are in process of using benefits those of us who want to shoot and not just the re-sellers.

I still never heard from that guy i was going to help when I was working at Manchester's walmart.