Best Wishes Needed

Okay - so I don't like the thought of "praying" for a new job, but this weekend I happened to come across an opportunity that was perfect for me. I was perusing the online want ads and came across a job that is basically the same thing that I love about my current job with out all of the things that I hate. AND ITS FOR MORE MONEY!!!

So I sent in my resume on Sunday thinking that I would hear something back in about a week or two because that is how things normally go for me with these online placement places and not 2 minutes after I walked out of the office door yesterday my cell phone was ringing. I answer and lo and behold it is the person from the agency. We talked for about half of my drive home (about 15 minutes) and she sounded almost as excited as I did about me sending in my resume. Her words were, "based on your resume, you would be PERFECT for this job." Now I know a lot of people pad their resumes but I truly try not to. I hate to get a job that I am not qualified for only to find out after wasting both peoples time.

So today at around 5:15 Memphis time, I am going to meet with her and discuss this opportunity. Hopefully things go well.

If they do, and I get the salary that I think I deserve (which is in line with their salary range) then I get to not only purchase the Kel-Tec that I have had my eye on, but I get an AR to boot. I told the wife that after that, I would probably be done with purchasing guns (under my breath I said for a while.)

So Wishes are appreciated.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Okay - so I don't like the thought of "praying" for a new job,

Why not?

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. --Jeremiah 29:11

Seems like praying for a job that might be prosperous and beneficial to you is right in line with what the Big Guy Upstairs had in mind. :D

• Administrator
Tungsten - I guess that goes with the don't pray for things thing that I was brought up with. Pray for people etc. but not for "material" things.

Thanks for the wishes. I will let everyone know how it went tomorrow.

I understand. I also think God wants you to be happy, though. Beer is proof of that, per Ben Franklin. :D

Guest Boomhower

God wants to be in all aspects of your life. Whether it be for personal gain, or whether it be for betterment of others. Include him in all the situations in your life. If you think that asking him to grant you this job opportunity is greedy, then ask him for his will to be done in this situation. If you get the job, you will know that you have been blessed. And as always, return unto him thanks and praise and honor him in your new postion.

Just my :eek: ....Best of wishes!!!

Guest Glockman

Good Luck, best wishes, I think GOD like tending to little things also. not that job is a little thing ! but you get my point! GOD BLESS!

Guest db99wj

Good luck and we have a wonderful God.

I to am in a searching mode currently. So far not very good, but I have a great part time job!!!!

Why not?

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. --Jeremiah 29:11

Seems like praying for a job that might be prosperous and beneficial to you is right in line with what the Big Guy Upstairs had in mind. :eek:

Right on man!!!

Brian..Tungsten is so right. we all do the best we can with what God gives us!

To ask for a better life, to pray for a better life is NOT a crime in my book!

that being said, I hope you get the Job that you're going after!

Being a Christian and showing belief is NOT a crime..I don't care how many muslims tell you it is.

Well, I met with the staffing agency last night and they had me re-work my resume. Not pad it or anything, just change up the ordering and list more of the report writing that I have been doing and less of the hardwares support that I have been doing. Other than that, the meeting went very well and I should be getting a face to face with the company that the positions is with.

Keep your fingers crossed and I will let you know more as I know more.