progressive press bullet feeder on LNL?

Does the LNL or Dillon 650xl have an auto bullet feeder? I just saw a nice video online of an RCBS progressive that had that. I am just getting into reloading... studying up. I am torn between a dillon 650, RCBS, and a LNL... I like certain features about them all...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The LNL has a bullet feeder as an option. I prefer not to use it as it takes up the space for a lockout die which I think is much more important. The machine is plenty fast, if I were to add something, a case feeder would be it, but not really a necessity. And it doesn't take up a die spot.

OK. good point. I am pretty mechanically inclined... so I think I am going to dive in. Everybody tells me get a single stage first to learn on, but as easy as the progressives seem... I think I will buy once with a LNL and dive in. I think I might head up to Nashville and look around at the store up there... Perhaps I should contact David here for pricing too. Maybe one day I will get a single stage, but I see no reason why. Between my buddies and I, we shoot a lot. A single stage would take forever.

hornady LNL.   You can use various dies.  I run the Redding Pro Series dies in 9mm and 45 ACP, a RCBS lockout die, and the Lee Factory Crimp Die.  The Lee is optional, but I like it and since I have started using it, seems I have had few, if any, ammo related feed problems.  A set of electronic scales and calipers should make you good to go.

Edited by chances R
Guest SavageOne

Everyone needs a single stage on the bench! Why not get it first? Smaller investment, great way to learn, and capable of supporting a 200 or so rounds a week habit in a couple hours of reloading. An auto advance turret like the LCTP will get you 400 rds in the same time period, and for about the same cost as a single stage.

I load high volume stuff on a 650 with a case feeder. Easy for me to support my shooting habit of 400rds a week in less than an hour. The difference?  You can get into the single stage or turret with all the basics for less than $400. The Dillon set up is about four times that. Just depends on how much volume you need and how much you want to spend.

Because by skipping the single stage press, I've 3/4 paid for a progressive. 3 buddy's have started on progressives and look back and feel a single would have been a waste of good money unless you are doing hand loads, and you can do that on a progressive from what I've learned. I'm not downing a single stage, just don't feel it necessary with how easy progressives have become. Edited by serbu50