Fixed blade everyday knife?

Reading another thread (Caster need a new knife) got me thinking. Are there any small fixed blades that could be carried in a business casual environment. Either by concealing comfortably or preferably just because they look good enough to fit in. Maybe something with a horizontal sheath? Currently I carry a Kershaw leak and love it but the assisted open doesn't assist so well anymore and it is showing some wear. Also since these threads tend to drift anyway - do any of you own or have seen a knife from http://goughcustom.com/products/resolute/resolute.html Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You could do a small custom with nice handles in a horizontal leather or kydex belt sheath and it would conceal well, and look nice if seen. Something this size 20130805_183724_zpsbe366108.jpg With handles like this copper pinned purple heart with tong oil finish 20130622_191752_zpsc4fa73ab.jpg Or handles like this. Exotic hardwood, copper pinned 20130808_185818_zpsf8360080.jpg Make it nice and polished and it becomes and accessorie just like a nice custom pen or cuff links Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Have you contacted Kershaw about the torsion bar on your Leek? If I'm not mistaken, they will either replace it for you if you send it to them or send you a new torsion bar for you to install yourself.

They have an excellent customer service department and will take care of the problem.

Edited by daddyo
  • Like 1

Have you contacted Kershaw about the torsion bar on your Leek? If I'm not mistaken, they will either replace it for you if you send it to them or send you a new torsion bar for you to install yourself.

They have an excellent customer service department and will take care of the problem.

This. Had the torsion bar break on my Kershaw and they sent me two bars, no charge. Great customer service.
[quote name="daddyo" post="1093190" timestamp="1389439930"]Have you contacted Kershaw about the torsion bar on your Leek? If I'm not mistaken, they will either replace it for you if you send it to them or send you a new torsion bar for you to install yourself. They have an excellent customer service department and will take care of the problem.[/quote] Oh I plan to send it in to them. But it give me a good excuse to get something new as well. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • 2 weeks later...

I carry a necker most of the time, currently the CRKT Minimalist Bowie:

DSCN0242.JPG?a=57

DSCN02431.JPG?a=26

Some use on belt also with clip that either comes with it, or bought separately:

DSCN0244.JPG?a=70

photo%2B(13).jpg

The other main one I tote is the somewhat larger LawDog. Liked it so much that I had custom sheath made for it, even though the the one that comes with it is "okay". Surprising quality and utility from what's largely known as a cheapo mall ninja model maker.

LawDog2.jpg

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

I carry this one every day from Cold Steel......awesome little blade.

71y8hwtMbhL._SL1500_.jpg

Nifty, wicked, and yet utile. I also like their Mini Tac series.

Cold_Steel_Mini_Tac_Skinner_49HS.jpg

CS makes (or "designs" to be fair) some good stuff -- currently carrying the 4" current Voyager model, and hope to do same with the 5.5" brute if the legislature comes through this session.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

[quote name="DAdams" post="1100652" timestamp="1390616710"]In the ESEE line Candiru, Izula or Izula II would fit the bill. [url="http://s100.photobucket.com/user/dadams111/media/Knives/image_zps821bd3c9.jpg.html"]image_zps821bd3c9.jpg[/url] One of the top two. Candiru and I2.[/quote] I would have to carry bandages to go with the second from the bottom. This guy is working on a 2.5" version. It is a serious contender for what I'm looking for. Down side is his wait list stretches to the end of the year. u3urudy6.jpg Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD