.22 at palmetto state armory

Not a bad price. Might be close to gouger price, but this company didn't gouge during the crisis. Not bad for CCI made stuff. http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ammunition/rimfire-ammunition/22-lr-40gr-rn-500rds.html

Even though this is my go to bulk 22lr ammo, I'll quit shooting entirely before paying a dime per round for it. Shame on PSA for even offering it for that is my opinion.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Even though this is my go to bulk 22lr ammo, I'll quit shooting entirely before paying a dime per round for it. Shame on PSA for even offering it for that is my opinion.

- OS

I'm a big fan of Blazer .22 also (it's all my fancy tricked out 10/22 likes other than expensive stuff).  No way in hell will I ever pay $50 for something I was buying for less that $20 just over a year ago.

That's the thing. I can't live on gunbot and the neckbeard gypsy's always clean out walmart. I need to shoot, so what do I do? Pay Palmetto, who was reasonable during the latest scare, or not shoot and say " no way will I pay that... I'm only going to pay $25 at walmart which will never happen". I need to shoot, so I don't mind 1 box. Sorry I posted it.

the 22 lr ammo problem still has everybody hot.  the prices are too high when you find it.  walmart it is all ways sold out because of the guys that have a hook at the store and knows when it comes in.  one day the price will drop and i hope they all loose their shirt when they get stuck will all that high price ammo.  

the 22 lr ammo problem still has everybody hot.  the prices are too high when you find it.  walmart it is all ways sold out because of the guys that have a hook at the store and knows when it comes in.  one day the price will drop and i hope they all loose their shirt when they get stuck will all that high price ammo.  

I certainly hope so. I'd dearly love to run across a couple of bricks at a reasonable price.  But as I keep saying, I don't run out to WW every morning, so I don't have much faith in that happening.

I actually scored 2 50 founds boxes of Federal "lightning" .22lr today at Wal-Mart. They had more but I left it for the other guys and bought some .45 instead.

$2.47 for 50 rounds. 

Not a chance in hell I'll pay $50 for a brick. 

I'm a big fan of Blazer .22 also (it's all my fancy tricked out 10/22 likes other than expensive stuff).  No way in hell will I ever pay $50 for something I was buying for less that $20 just over a year ago.

I agree, but unfortunately, many don't. It shows sold out already.

1500 rounds was $11. Eat that Midway!! Here's my thing, totaled up, I bet I've spent $50 in gas going to and from WW looking for the .22 brick that's already been hidden in the counter for the inbred. I want to shoot a good bit of .22 with my wife, and the only way I can feasibly shoot 500-600 rounds in a weekend... Is to pay $40-50 for a brick. What other options does a man who actually shoots, not stocks, but shoots have? I don't make a habit out of buying it at $50 a box, but damn that's better than saying " I ain't paying that, so I won't shoot ". I refuse to pay $3.50 a gallon for gas... I used to pay $1.08 for it.
  • Like 1
I have never paid that but when mine are gone and they are getting low I may have to. I am not just going to quit shooting unless I am broke and can't afford to. I can see where you are comming from. Wish I would have bought a lot more when things were sain. I don't think 22 is going to get better for a while.

Jason

Found out over Christmas that my dads neighbor runs a very small gun/hunting shop in small town Mississippi. Was talking to him bout 22 and his distributor offered him 50 bricks of 500 for $50 which he was turning around and selling for $60. He thought no way anyone would pay that much so only ordered 10 boxes. He sold them in a day.

It was christmas and a friend of my dads so I didnt press him on more info.

Found out over Christmas that my dads neighbor runs a very small gun/hunting shop in small town Mississippi. Was talking to him bout 22 and his distributor offered him 50 bricks of 500 for $50 which he was turning around and selling for $60. He thought no way anyone would pay that much so only ordered 10 boxes. He sold them in a day.

It was christmas and a friend of my dads so I didnt press him on more info.

So, it is not only the Wally world resellers or the gun stores, it is the distributors (wholesalers).  Well, that makes be feel better "NOT". 

I just got a 1000 rounds of 9mm 115 gr. FMJ new shipped for about $253.74 from freedom ammunitions. The reman stuff is even cheaper. 

That's the thing. I can't live on gunbot and the neckbeard gypsy's always clean out walmart. I need to shoot, so what do I do? Pay Palmetto, who was reasonable during the latest scare, or not shoot and say " no way will I pay that... I'm only going to pay $25 at walmart which will never happen". I need to shoot, so I don't mind 1 box. Sorry I posted it.

Exactly. If ammo is actually available at or slightly below the gougers prices from retailers, it'll put the gougers out of business and hopefully we can start to return to normal. By holding retail prices low, it just gives the low-lifes a nice fat profit margin.

We don't have to like it but it's the law of supply and demand.

I have not seen any for sale locally for a year now.  I've been kind of stingy with it, but I'm still about out.  Rather than feed the gougers I picked up a .22 airgun.  500 pellets for about 9 bucks.  If I need to make a bang I'll use something besides .22LR.

You can either pay $50 and shoot... or wait a year, and not shoot, and hope that you can score a brick for $25.... I'd rather just pay some now to shoot and have fun. I'm all for principle. But PSA is not a gouger. You don't know what their cost on that ammo was. They always have reasonable prices. Heck, anyone that has bought regularly from PSA has probably saved TONS of money so spending a little more on some ammo has been compensated for well over.

Most of us do not have the time to goto Walmart. Buy some expensive ammo now, and shoot now while you wait for prices to go down... nobody says you have to hoard up on expensive ammo. It's not like a year from now, you will curse yourself for spending a couple hundred bucks. And if you do, perhaps you should either find a way to make more money, or quit shooting altogether, as this hobby/lifestyle/whatever, is not for the shallow pocketed.

I honestly don't think PSA is price gouging. I think they paid a hefty price for that ammo. Heck PSA had CCI mini mags about 4 months ago for $9/100 RDS. I didn't think it was bad and bought 1k rounds. My at diversion loves it. All the neck beards would have been selling it for $15-$20 a 100. And like others have said they have never once price gouged so I can't see them starting now.
[quote name="PolePosition" post="1096387" timestamp="1389915739"]You can either pay $50 and shoot... or wait a year, and not shoot, and hope that you can score a brick for $25.... I'd rather just pay some now to shoot and have fun. I'm all for principle. But PSA is not a gouger. You don't know what their cost on that ammo was. They always have reasonable prices. Heck, anyone that has bought regularly from PSA has probably saved TONS of money so spending a little more on some ammo has been compensated for well over. Most of us do not have the time to goto Walmart. Buy some expensive ammo now, and shoot now while you wait for prices to go down... nobody says you have to hoard up on expensive ammo. It's not like a year from now, you will curse yourself for spending a couple hundred bucks. And if you do, perhaps you should either find a way to make more money, or quit shooting altogether, as this hobby/lifestyle/whatever, is not for the shallow pocketed.[/quote] You realize that people have been paying $50 a brick for .22lr for over a year now. It's not going down anytime soon. I would rather pay Palmetto State $50 than a scumbag non contributor $50. At least Palmetto has giveaways and great prices on other things. The gypsy is a profiteer only. That's just how I feel about it. I'm not waiting a year to see that prices are the same as they were 1 + year ago.

You realize that people have been paying $50 a brick for .22lr for over a year now. It's not going down anytime soon. I would rather pay Palmetto State $50 than a scumbag non contributor $50. At least Palmetto has giveaways and great prices on other things. The gypsy is a profiteer only. That's just how I feel about it. I'm not waiting a year to see that prices are the same as they were 1 + year ago.

Totally agree! My point exactly. 

• Like 1

OP's post simply stated a fact, that PSA had some 22 available.  For a lot of people, that's good info. As many have posted, that's the going rate for .22 ammo that is in stock and available to purchase immediately, if you aren't able to stalk the counters at Wally World, or watch for internet deals 24/7.  For what it's worth, I don't think this is going to change much for at least the next year, as basically all ammo producers are at full capacity trying to fill orders that are already months old, and new demand remains extraordinarily high.  There are many reasons for this, and most don't involve resellers of Wally ammo.

• Like 1
I guess it's a luxury. It's just stupid that people think they need 40,000 rounds of .22 for an "investment." Last time I looked, you can find what stocks , silver, and gold are going for. I keep missing ammo on the ticker. People think it's an investment yet they don't shoot it nor sell it during the gun scares. They are ammo collectors. Nothing wrong with that, but this is getting annoying I admit.