Oops! "Doomsday Prepper" Arreseted ... again.

Smith

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/buckley-man-doomsday-preppers-arrested-illegal-fir/ncpws/

BUCKLEY, Wash. —

When Tyler Smith of Buckley appeared on National Geographic's reality show "Doomsday Preppers" he did so with rifle in hand. Smith, 26, shoots at targets and tests homemade body armor while narrating his exploits for the camera.

Smith is the leader of the survivalist group Spartan Survival. He founded the organization in 2005 to train and prepare others for various doomsday scenarios.

The problem is, Smith is a felon, convicted of communicating with a minor for immoral purposes and theft. He's not supposed to go anywhere near a gun.

"Even if he doesn't own the guns, he can't handle, have those weapons, fire them (or) possess them in any way," said Pierce County Sheriff's Detective Ed Troyer.

After spotting him on Doomsday Preppers, Sheriff's investigators began doing some preparing of their own, getting a warrant for Smith's arrest and picking him up Wednesday morning at a home in Bonney Lake where's he's been staying since he left his farm in Buckley.

"Doomsday Preppers" is a reality show that features people often described as survivalists stockpiling food and firearms, getting ready for the fall of society and a lawless future in which individuals must fight to stay alive.

Smith was prominently featured in a segment that aired in November 2013. On the show, he is seen firing several rifles to test his home made body armor, claiming it is superior to professionally made bullet resistant vests. "It's going to be light weight and stronger that anything you can buy in the  store," Smith said on the show.

He also bragged for the camera about his plans to raid and loot other doomsday preppers' supplies when the end times came. "All your shiny AR's your high powered .308 rifles, your 50,000 rounds of ammo are all going to be ours", Smith warned.

Pierce county investigators say it was those claims, and Smith's brazen use of firearms on camera that landed him back in jail. "What led us to this guy was himself. He put himself on TV and in newspaper articles and he did things that scared the neighbor," said Troyer.

Smith is a level one sex offender following his conviction in King county in 2009, but he has not registered with law enforcement since his move to Pierce county. Troyer said he could face an additional charge of failing to register as a sex offender.

I don't give much credit to any of these preppers for tactical intelligence anyway. If I were prepping for some end of the world senerio, my first tactical plan would be to keep all my preps and plans as secret as possible, not advertize them on a national TV show.
Anyway, i'm glad this pedophile was on the show if it serves to put him behind bars again.
  • Like 7

Many of them are actually selling stuff and see it as an advertisement, I think.

You're probably not far off the mark there. Or at least get their name out there. I'll be honest, I like watching that show because for every 20 morons they display, there is one who is genuinely innovative. 

• Like 1

I never watch the show, but did see this episode for some reason. I just kept thinking about how insanely stupid this guy is. And the home made body armor....just silly. Any real round won't have much trouble penetrating, plus, he's already fat, he doesn't need anything else slowing him down, especially if he's planning on raiding. 

As for being a pedophile...I hope he gets what's coming to him in jail.

His body still has to take the impact of stopping the bullet, and that isn't a real joy I am sure. Try and raid my home even though I am not a prepper, and lets see how your head feels after I bounce several rounds off your super fantastic magical body armour.
  • Like 1

The opening on the news video said "reality star arrested" which is just the attention this cretin wants. They should have said "level one sex offender featured on reality show arrested" or how about "preverted fugitive from mental activity arrested". They couldn't say "reality turd arrested" because that would be insulting to turds.

LOL at these comments!  I did see this episode as well and I couldn't stop shaking my head and grumbling at the tv screen everytime he and his cohorts were on there.  the whole concept of "we really aren't prepping because our plan is to go full retard and try to take other people's stuff" speaks volumes about what kind of person he is.

• Like 1

LOL at these comments!  I did see this episode as well and I couldn't stop shaking my head and grumbling at the tv screen everytime he and his cohorts were on there.  the whole concept of "we really aren't prepping because our plan is to go full retard and try to take other people's stuff" speaks volumes about what kind of person he is.

He had better move to New England or California if he wants to be successful in "taking" other peoples stuff. Somehow I don't think his homade body armor is going to stop a good ol 30-06. These "reality" shows are entertaining sometimes but most all are about 75% scripted and maybe 25% reality.

He had better move to New England or California if he wants to be successful in "taking" other peoples stuff. Somehow I don't think his homade body armor is going to stop a good ol 30-06. These "reality" shows are entertaining sometimes but most all are about 60% scripted and maybe 20% reality and 20% stupidity.

FTFY. ;)