Robert Duvall

Peace

I spoke too soon.... The unbelievably stupid, Chuck Norris-ie, "We both have guns,...no, wait, only I have a gun, and the bigger, stronger, meaner embodiment of all the evil in the world stands before me.... hmmmmm.... I think I'll put my gun down." Ha! At least Duvall kept his on him the entire time. Edited by Peace

I spoke too soon.... The unbelievably stupid, Chuck Norris-ie, "We both have guns,...no, wait, only I have a gun, and the bigger, stronger, meaner embodiment of all the evil in the world stands before me.... hmmmmm.... I think I'll put my gun down." Ha! At least Duvall kept his on him the entire time.

I have only read the first book, after seeing the movie, and I think Reacher would have just shot the guy. I didnt really like Tom Cruise as Reacher, not sure who it should have been. Just not Cruise. But Duvall was good

Robert Duval may, in fact, be the greatest cowboy character of both the twentieth and the twenty first century...

leroy

John Wayne is my pick.

RD was good in Jack Reacher, but in "Second Hand Lions" he was great.

• Like 5
What a great actor. His career has spanned forever. I believe he was in the original stage production of the Fantastiks, that quirky little musical that ran off Broadway for decades. He was Boo Radley in To Kill A Mockingbird. Of course Godfather 1 and 2, and then Apocalypse Now. Great stuff in the 80s and 90s. Won the Oscar for Tender Mercies.

All his cowboy stuff was awesome but Second Hand Lions was it for me. He and Caine were just as great as it gets in that.

Agreed. I saw it late one night on cable and just thought it was amazing. Started searching for a copy the next morning. Wasn't really hard to find either.

And if you noticed the cartoon intro and ending' it was done by the "Bloom County/Opus" creator. Berkley Breathed. I bought all the collected strips of his work. I find Opus to be great.

He's the only reason I sat through Lonesome Dove with my wife.

Actually I thought it was a pretty good movie. It's rare for Hollywood to come out with a good western movie anymore like The Sackets, Quigley Down Under, LD, etc. Those new renditions of Wyatt Earp were just mediocre.

Duvall is not only a gifted actor, he's one of the very few Hollywood actors these days I'd list in the same sentence as John Wayne. From everything I've ever read, he goes against the grain of Hollywood liberals.

When I read the title my heart skipped a beat. I though oh no, I'd be reading an obituary. He's one of my favorite actors.

Edited by Dennis1209

Actually I thought it was a pretty good movie. It's rare for Hollywood to come out with a good western movie anymore like The Sackets, Quigley Down Under, LD, etc. Those new renditions of Wyatt Earp were just mediocre.

Duvall is not only a gifted actor, he's one of the very few Hollywood actors these days I'd list in the same sentence as John Wayne. From everything I've ever read, he goes against the grain of Hollywood liberals.

When I read the title my heart skipped a beat. I though oh no, I'd be reading an obituary. He's one of my favorite actors.

Well said, Dennis.