Take your shipping and ship it up your

Dustbuster

While performing an internal study for a rifle project I ordered 2 rock river ar15 firing pins direct from rock river. I check out 15 bucks or so for 2 pins shipping was shown as tbd during checkout

Got a box today about the the size of a large roll o toilet paper. After pulling out paper packing etc a small bag containing 2 pins falls out. Ok I'm good just what I ordered. Nice rock river quality pins.I had a hankering to check the ccard statement, almost 20 bucks to ship 2 firing pins. They could have tossed em in a cardboard envelope ala amazon style for 3 bucks...
Lesson learned is tbd in the shipping cost column means
toopid bastard delivery charge
Live n learn...
I've added rock river to my list right above walmart ammo hoarders and cheaper than ass I meant dirt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

I've never ordered anything online that didn't show the shipping charge before I finalized the transaction? Matter of fact, I don't even think it's legal to not to show total before you consummate the transaction, as that is part of the "contract".

Any number of places don't figure the shipping until the last step, though.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

While performing an internal study for a rifle project I ordered 2 rock river ar15 firing pins direct from rock river. I check out 15 bucks or so for 2 pins shipping was shown as tbd during checkout

Got a box today about the the size of a large roll o toilet paper. After pulling out paper packing etc a small bag containing 2 pins falls out. Ok I'm good just what I ordered. Nice rock river quality pins.I had a hankering to check the ccard statement, almost 20 bucks to ship 2 firing pins. They could have tossed em in a cardboard envelope ala amazon style for 3 bucks...
Lesson learned is tbd in the shipping cost column means
toopid bastard delivery charge
Live n learn...
I've added rock river to my list right above walmart ammo hoarders and cheaper than ass I meant dirt...

At least you didn't have to wait 3 months. I would say you got their VIP treatment :)

Mike, hate to say this but I think your serious on that! Lol
In good faith I didn't think shipping would be more than 8 bucks max and normally I'd check shipping for anything else but for 2 firing pins ?
That's ok it all comes out in the wash.. Edited by Dustbuster
[quote name="Dustbuster" post="1099107" timestamp="1390370417"]While performing an internal study for a rifle project I ordered 2 rock river ar15 firing pins direct from rock river. I check out 15 bucks or so for 2 pins shipping was shown as tbd during checkout Got a box today about the the size of a large roll o toilet paper. After pulling out paper packing etc a small bag containing 2 pins falls out. Ok I'm good just what I ordered. Nice rock river quality pins.I had a hankering to check the ccard statement, almost 20 bucks to ship 2 firing pins. They could have tossed em in a cardboard envelope ala amazon style for 3 bucks... Lesson learned is tbd in the shipping cost column means toopid bastard delivery charge Live n learn... I've added rock river to my list right above walmart ammo hoarders and cheaper than ass I meant dirt... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.[/quote] There's another couple of company's that do that exact same thing, can't recall who they are right now. I just don't trust any company nearly enough to agree to pay before I know a total. $7 or so of what you paid may have went to UPS, or whomever the carrier was for the actual shipping amount Edited by KKing

That's sucks. I should get an rma for one of em for some bs,and send it back packed in dog crap and dirty cat litter, WITH one of their supplied ups call tags....

Just get your firing pins from BCM next time

Lol I hear ya!. I've always liked their quality hence getting their pins. Never had sticker shock over shipping though cept for a brownells fiasco once.At least I got em like I said,next time I'll call em to check shipping ..lesson learned all good. Gotta go walk one of the dogs <efg> Edited by Dustbuster

I heard a news report the other day that said "abandoned carts" at online retailers is a big deal, especially to places like Amazon. I'd venture to guess that the shipping costs disclosed at the very last step is the biggest reason. I always calculate the shipping into my final cost, and if they don't have an option to calculate shipping charges before I enter my card info, I just move along.

• Like 2

McMaster Carr never shows shipping charges before check out. Matter of fact I do not know what the total is including shipping until I check my account a few days later. I don't mind what they charge because they seem to ship items before I order them somehow. I have ordered stuff on Monday and have it in my box by Tuesday.

Guest Keal G Seo

Shipping is beyond me with some of these companies. I get you have to pay the people packaging them but come one. 2 firing pins for example, takes an envelope and even priority mail is 5.05 for shipping. At the most it takes them 5-10 minutes to grab the parts from stock, drop them in with the order paperwork and fill out the envelope. Even at $15/hour for that person 1/6th of an hour is only about 2.50. Max should be 7.55 or if you still have to make a few bucks 10 even...that is a 33% mark up. IDK I hate shipping costs and usually aim for companies that offer "free" shipping when I do my shopping then count anyone that charges for shipping as just added cost of the product.

What gets me is overpacked stuff. Last thing I had delivered was some medical supplies. Some of the items had to ship separately because of back order.One of the boxes they sent had 1 box of latex gloves in it but was big enough to fit say 3-4 alternators. Filled with brown paper and those air filled pillows. Really?!?! And they wonder why people gripe about shipping prices. Yes if I am shipping a TV or something likely to break it should be padded to heck and back but virtually unbreakable stuff, like a box of gloves, I couldn't care less if you put the shipping label on the packaging itself. Use the bare minimum and have lower costs to you and the consumer when acceptable is my point.

On a technical note: I sized up a firing pin that came from brownells and the one that came in the limousine from rock river,same size same curve on strike area and same diameter. The rock river pins didn't have the same luster, kind of rough not in a bad way.
Would still like to know who the firing pin gods are..Ill never leave shipping open and will believe companies should learn to ship from amazon and take customer service lessons from John Taffer... Edited by Dustbuster

On a technical note: I sized up a firing pin that came from brownells and the one that came in the limousine from rock river,same size same curve on strike area and same diameter. The rock river pins didn't have the same luster, kind of rough not in a bad way.
Would still like to know who the firing pin gods are..Ill never leave shipping open and will believe companies should learn to ship from amazon and take customer service lessons from John Taffer...

I bought my last sack of firing pins from Bravo Co. Don't recall which brand. Fact is, all those vendors buy them from somebody. I've never pondered much where they came from. My brain is to delicate to hammer it with stuff like that. :)

I bought my last sack of firing pins from Bravo Co. Don't recall which brand. Fact is, all those vendors buy them from somebody. I've never pondered much where they came from. My brain is to delicate to hammer it with stuff like that. :)

Why does this make me ROTFLMAO

i was checking the gun fund today. total purchase price is now 24.00 down from 34.00 i never called em... guess ill recant my shipping rant and say prayers to the bubble wrap gods and cardboard kings to ask for click it ships forgiveness haha Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, Hell yeah it ate my spelling!!! again!!

McMaster Carr never shows shipping charges before check out. Matter of fact I do not know what the total is including shipping until I check my account a few days later. I don't mind what they charge because they seem to ship items before I order them somehow. I have ordered stuff on Monday and have it in my box by Tuesday.

I have had that happen a few times and I contacted the seller and I learned that when that happens it is because they have other dealers that handle the same stuff that is almost next door to you and they drop ship it from that location but you still pay the full shipping price. Great big rip off but that is the way of the world these days. Back when i had my bait business for about 14 years I sent everything by priority mail with tracking. The last couple years I began shopping shippers to find out who was cheaper or that week because all the shippers were using flexible pricing and going up and down with fuel prices. In the last two months before I sold my business I made an order of baits for an angler in Piedmont, SC. I weighed the package on a set of postal scales and when I got to post office I shipped it priority mail and package weigh 3.11 lbs and it cost  $9.96. The same guy made another order a week later and I went through the same procedure and package weighed  3.09 lbs and it was $13.70 to same exact and less weight. They charge what ever they want to on any given day and like I said, That is the way of the world these days. Glad I am out of the business and don't have to deal with them any more..................jmho