Hurry up spring!

I am also looking forward to Spring this year. i operated a Hand Soft Plastic Bait business for past 15 + years and it really took a lot of time away from my fishing time. I sold the business about two months ago and I am looking at doing some serious bass fishing this year. In past two years in think my Skeeter has only been in the water about 10 times. I am planning on that not happening this year. For any of ya'll that fish bass tournaments my son in law is operating two different trails this year for Heartland Anglers which is probably the ultimate in partner tournament trails with a huge Classic in October each year with a Ranger Bass boat as first place prize. If anyone is interested in learning more about his tournament schedules I will be more than glad to send you the information or you can visit Heartland's website and see more about the many different trails they have in Tennessee.  Son in law will be holding events on J. Percy Priest lake and Old Hickory lake. His two divisions are # 8  and # 14  in Tennessee. You will meet a lot of great folks at these events. if you have any questions you can PM me here.

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1

I love bass fishing Kentucky lake. Night time smallmouth fishing is unbeatable!! I went to the steam plant a couple days last week and loaded up on skipjack herring for my springtime catfishing. Right now, I can't get my mind off of crappy and will damn sure be going as soon as I replace my cranking battery in my bassboat.

Dave

I got up in some mountain creeks on Monday afternoon and was hoping to get a couple of trout.  I know they are there but after about May the tourists make them much harder to catch.  I was hoping I would get lucky in the off season but no such luck.  After getting into trout and smallmouth I no longer have a desire to fish for those fat lazy largemouth.

• Like 1
[quote name="DaveS" post="1099434" timestamp="1390429636"]I love bass fishing Kentucky lake. Night time smallmouth fishing is unbeatable!! I went to the steam plant a couple days last week and loaded up on skipjack herring for my springtime catfishing. Right now, I can't get my mind off of crappy and will damn sure be going as soon as I replace my cranking battery in my bassboat. Dave[/quote] Mmm crappie. Best tasting fish out there if you ask me.

Yes, I can't wait for it to get warm.

I've organized my tackle box(es) so many times now I don't know where things are.

I get every thing all organized then I buy more stuff and have start over. I'm bad for buying fishing stuff in the winter

and then not being able to use it.

• Like 2
Guest Bonedaddy

I've got the fever bad! Last 5 years I haven't been able to go much 'cause of family issues but I gots to do somethin' 'bout that this year or folks might start disappearin' 'round here due to my attitude. Really wanna try out that new 1,000 Acre Lake down in Carroll county and maybe hit Pin Oak and Reelfoot, too.

Who in the world goes fishing during turkey season???? I do love eating crappie. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The better question would be; "who in the world would Turkey hunt, when there is Crappies to catch?"

• Like 2

ive got to go get me a new ultra light bream rig in the next month or two. something with flex comparable to a buggy whip lol. I love getting a good size bream on one of those rigs like that, feels like your pulling a channel cat up to the boat

• Like 1

Ya'll keep talking about Crappie until I am going to have to go out to my freezer and get a couple bags of filets out and cookum up. I guess I have about 35 or 40 quart bags of Crappie filets out in my freezer. Deep fried Crappie, homemade hush puppies and home fries with onions does sound pretty good right now................... :up: :up: :up:

• Like 3

Im ready to hit the Buffalo River and do some turkey huntin as well.

Hit me up when you head to the buffalo. I floated it the last weekend the outfitters were open and caught some nice Kentucky's and smallmouths. We usually camp and float near Waverly. 

[quote name="bersaguy" post="1100155" timestamp="1390532058"]Ya'll keep talking about Crappie until I am going to have to go out to my freezer and get a couple bags of filets out and cookum up. I guess I have about 35 or 40 quart bags of Crappie filets out in my freezer. Deep fried Crappie, homemade hush puppies and home fries with onions does sound pretty good right now................... :up: :up: :up:[/quote] That sounds awesome!

Ya'll keep talking about Crappie until I am going to have to go out to my freezer and get a couple bags of filets out and cookum up. I guess I have about 35 or 40 quart bags of Crappie filets out in my freezer. Deep fried Crappie, homemade hush puppies and home fries with onions does sound pretty good right now................... :up: :up: :up:

Soooo.....what time do we all need to be there......hhhmmmm Buddy ol' pal?

Dave

Hit me up when you head to the buffalo. I floated it the last weekend the outfitters were open and caught some nice Kentucky's and smallmouths. We usually camp and float near Waverly. 

I would love to do a float and fishing trip. Maybe we could try and get together for one.

Dave

• Like 2

Will do. I usually fish from the bank or wade in some areas. I have several spots I fish the Buffalo on different properties.