Lamar Alexander commercials

• Moderators
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1101659" timestamp="1390785141"]Wow. No state universities, crush land grant college concept, no federal grants for anything, no local tax money for schools. Pretty rad. Reckon everybody can just home school all the professions we need, from 1st grade though graduate school level? Or keep up even the status quo by parents paying out of pocket from age 6 on? You think the dumbing down of America is epidemic now, just wow. - OS[/quote] The dumbing down of America is because of the intrusion of the government into education, more precisely the intrusion of the federal government into the running of local school systems. Most things taught in schools today are of little to no positive value and are not retained by the child in a useful manner. I do believe that homeschooling is the preferable manner to instruct children and that where it is insufficient a market based approach is superior to government controlled monopolies. With regards to post secondary education at state schools, the citizenry are on the hook at both ends for the money given directly to the school by the state and also for the student loans that are subsidized by the taxpayers. Student loans that are a major factor in the rising cost of tuition as there is no incentive for the schools to remain competitive on price because the student can just borrow their way into debt slavery. No matter how purportedly noble the aims, theft is theft and this is theft. Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 3

The dumbing down of America is because of the intrusion of the government into education, ...

Well, I'll concede right off that you are at least half right, but it's a huge subject and not gonna debate it in a Diss Lamar thread. :)

- OS

• Like 1

LA lost any and all support when I sent a letter asking for his stance and support of the Fair Tax.

Urged him to contact Jimmy Duncan who is a sponsor and take a leadership role for TN solidarity in both houses of Congress

I got back some noise about cap and trade how he was aware the tax code needed fixing...

Read somewhere that Alexander votes with the Democrats about 60% of the time. Here's a quote that I copied out of the paper explaining why he voted for the confirmation of Sonia Sotomayor. It stays close by and I periodically read it: "Even though the judge's political and judicial philosophy may be different than mine especially regarding 2nd Amendment rights, I will vote to confirm because she is well qualified by experience, temperament, character and intellect to serve". Won't get my vote....Go Joe Carr! Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1

Get the word out. To anyone who considers themselves even halfway conservative that can see past their own nose.

Vote for Carr.

Then we won't have to gripe about Alexander anymore.

And then do it again when it's Corker's turn.

• Like 2

Get the word out. To anyone who considers themselves even halfway conservative that can see past their own nose.

Vote for Carr.

Then we won't have to gripe about Alexander anymore.

And then do it again when it's Corker's turn.

I did vote against Corker last time. It did no good. :(