Yellow Jackets!

Guest Keal G Seo

Guest Bonedaddy

Uhhhhh.......HELL NO!

When I went to my huntin' spot, to get my blind down the other day, I found a ground nest that looked like an armadillo or somethin' dug up and ate all the little larvae that was in it. Pieces of nests all around the area from it. Glad "whatever" found it first before I did. I've had enough run ins with'm.

Guest Keal G Seo

Pity the fella that has to retrieve the camera. :)

I was just wondering what he wore to put it there without getting hit at least a few times. Yellow jacket will get under your clothes so he most deafinitely a braver soul than I.

I was just wondering what he wore to put it there without getting hit at least a few times. Yellow jacket will get under your clothes so he most deafinitely a braver soul than I.

maybe he wore nothing ... so they couldn't get under his clothes?! 

[quote name="npgunner" post="1099648" timestamp="1390447827"]maybe he wore nothing ... so they couldn't get under his clothes?! [/quote] Some guys just aren't bothered by them. I kinda inherited my dads tough skin, Ive stepped in a nest and usually just pull them off and smash them between my fingers. Which is usually followed by way to much gasoline and a match once it gets dusk. Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Kill them! Kill them with fire!

Is it wrong that I want to see video of that nest getting hit by a... Well jeez, pretty much anything? Maybe a rock, or like a bus or something?

One well placed molotov cocktail and that paper nest would go up like the Hindenburg...

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 1

Some guys just aren't bothered by them. I kinda inherited my dads tough skin, Ive stepped in a nest and usually just pull them off and smash them between my fingers. Which is usually followed by way to much gasoline and a match once it gets dusk. Tapatalk ate my spelling.

most of us already acknowledge that you're probably more of a manly man then we are ... but now you're just bragging

• Like 5
Guest theconstitutionrocks

had a nest of those in the ground near my front walk...waited until 4 am...went out and emptied two cans of hornet killer into the hole, insect genocide, cue somber funeral dirge.

Never knew how much a yellow jacket sting hurt till I ran over a nest in the ground in my front yard last summer. We've been in this house since 1984 and that was the first time I've ever had a yellow jacket problem. I got stung multiple times, with the back of my hand swelling up like a balloon and had to go to the doctor.

I got my revenge with some kerosene.

[quote name="npgunner" post="1099696" timestamp="1390455177"]most of us already acknowledge that you're probably more of a manly man then we are ... but now you're just bragging[/quote] Naw, I was simply saying they don't bother some people. I know guys who swell up like a ballon at the thought of a yellow jacket sting lol. And I wouldn't exactly call myself manly. I mean at the moment I'm chilling with an 8 lb maltipoo on the couch. Tapatalk ate my spelling.
  • Like 3

I guess it takes some people time to learn their lesson.

Last summer I was on my tractor bush hogging one of my back fields. In some places the weeds and thorns were 7 feet tall and loaded with all kinds of crap being stirred into the air.

During one pass I got two sharp pains on my back I though were thorns. Turn around and on the next pass got those thorns in the neck, next pass a couple through my jeans and on the neck and ankle, ouch. Turn around for another pass into the wind where I could see pretty well ahead of me and the sun was just right. Saw what I initially thought was a large swarm of mosquito's hovering a foot or so above the ground ahead of me and now to the left.

I'm here to tell ya, when you finally find out those be no thorns, it hurts worse. After the fifth pass the thorns left me alone :rant:

Edited by Dennis1209

Wow a nest that size would prove deadly to almost anything that walked by.  

When gassing a nest, you don't have to light it on fire.  Its the fumes that get em.

True you don't have to light it, but where's the fun in that?

Edited by peejman
  • Like 1