Hi-Point, a leader in the firearms industry...

BigK

I had a Hi Point 9mm Carbine that I bought used from a member on TGO. It was a jam o matic. Fire one round, jam. Fire one round, jam. I sent it back to Hi Point and they rebuilt it to like new, sent it to me in a factory box with all the accessories. I sold it the next day.

Likely only needed the ole mag feed lips tweak. The mags are the Achilles Heel of all their firearms, and cause of 90% of malfunctions, if not higher.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

for the money they are good guns.  the ones i have shot never given me any problems.  the pistol are a little heavy but goes bang every time.  the rifles are the same, bang every time.  they got one of the best life time warranty going, no matter if you are the fourth owner it is covered.  they don't look good, but they shoot.  so it is hard to beat a low cost gun that works.   

They are reliable. They've proven it. It all boils down to the pair of hands holding it just as Spots said.
You can give give an amateur the most expensive pistol in the world and give someone like Rob Leatham a HiPoint and ole Rob will whip your azz.
Guest Aces&8s

I have had three Hi-Points, a C9, a JCP, and a 995.  I still have the carbine, and it is a great little shooter.  I wish I hadn't sold my .40 S&W, it was a great gun - heavy as a sack of hammers, but it shot really well.  And it wasn't really finicky about ammo either.  My dad has the C9 now, and hasn't had an issue out of it.  Granted, I like my 1911s and S&W wheelies, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at a H-P.

Their carbines are great and really accurate little or no recoil +P rated and can't be beat for the money. But after calling them for some parts cause I got it used on a trade I figured I was willing to pay for iron sights to replace a red dot that came on it. They said no charge had the sights and extras in 3 days no questions asked lifetime. I was impressed. As well as everyone I know that has one of their handguns has been impressed with reliability. But they are ugly or should I say utility looking. Those who bash them probably never shot or owned one. Everyone should have one. Like having a Honda to ride most of the year while your Harley is spending time in the shop for repairs. Made in U.S.A

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Finally got to shoot my Hi-point 380 yesterday. Had it up against a Walther PK380. I was expecting the worst but have to say, accuracy was similar between the two (I.e. a lot better than the shooter) and the recoil on the hi-point was a bit nicer due to the (rather large) weight difference no doubt. Both fired every time. (And the hi-point is in need of the firing pin upgrade). Wish I'd have had more .380 there to play with but I was also checking out .38/.357 in a Ruger and working the bugs out my AR pistol so plenty of shooting got done.
  • 2 weeks later...

My limited experience first hand is that if you keep them clean & lubed and use half decent ammo they work just fine.  I have people almost daily tell me stories about Hi Points, good and bad.  However, a friend of mine who teaches CCW classes and who is an ardent 1911 fanboy, retired LEO, etc., says he sees them every class he teaches and he says they just plain run.  For just a little bit more money one can get a CZ clone like the EAA Poly Witness or the SAR B6P.  

I'm Glad That I Saw This Thread. I Saw A Feature On A Gun Show Last About The Carbine And I Was Going To Ask About It Here Today. I Was Waiting To Get A Kel-Tec Rifle To Keep In My Truck, But This Is Cheap Enough That It Will Fit The Bill And It Sounds Reliable.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Hiker1078
I have a number of Glocks and will swear by them. Also have 2 HiPoints: .45 and 9mm carbine. .45 is ugly but so heavy there's hardly any recoil. Very accurate. No ff anything with either and both are amazingly accurate. Ugly, but I'm keeping them.
  • 3 weeks later...

well i dont like HiPoints iether but i did have the .380 at one time I probably shot it 500 times never cleaned it except for running a patch through the barrel and it went bang every time,my boss who makes 160.00 a year but knows nothing and probably dont care bought a 45, when i asked him why a HiPoint he said cheap and lifetime warranty and he just wants something in the house.So yes there is a market for Hi Point and they know what it is,so good for them!! everybody is not a collector or whatever you are.

• Like 1