So you want to see a picture of some of the Walmart problem?

[quote name="Tempest455" post="1104567" timestamp="1391259068"]As posted on another forum. Look how many rounds this guy is selling! Yes, he and people like him are part of the problem. So are the buyers. [url="http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=2735131"]http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=2735131[/url][/quote] The biggest problem with these auctions is the number of bids that are being placed. As long as people are buying, there will be no end in sight.
  • Like 2

Thanks OS, That what I was asking.

Dave

Of course, it's almost totally unenforceable for individual sellers due to both logistic and fiscal reasons. Flea markets alone would probably be worth millions per year in tax coffers if they could somehow actually enforce it.

- OS

As posted on another forum. Look how many rounds this guy is selling!

Yes, he and people like him are part of the problem. So are the buyers.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=2735131

We try to restrict their behavior (because it's not 'fair' or we don't like it) and in the same breath we explain how we should not be restricted in anything.  Very entertaining...

I said the same thing about when AR gear costs had blown through the roof last year and took advantage of that myself... Paying $15 for AR10 pmags and selling them for $100+ each... People were screaming about how ridiculously expensive everything was and that it wasn't 'fair'.  The market adjusted and the manufacturers started pumping out AR's like there was no tomorrow and what happened?  All of those dummies that paid $2000 for an AR are deep in the hole because now you can find them on sale for $499.  This will happen with the ammo too, an idiot and his money are soon parted, then the market will be flooded with below average price goods that the smart people can run in and suck up.

This is why I'm not sure why people are complaining so much, unless you're doing some competition or need 22 to get some rabbits and squirrels to feed your family, who cares?  Just wait a few months because more than likely the people that are mad about not getting any ammo are just going to hoard it themselves for a later date.

[quote name="Sam1" post="1104688" timestamp="1391272467"] This is why I'm not sure why people are complaining so much, unless you're doing some competition or need 22 to get some rabbits and squirrels to feed your family, who cares? Just wait a few months because more than likely the people that are mad about not getting any ammo are just going to hoard it themselves for a later date.[/quote] Because this is America, it's not about what we "need". You sound just like those anti-gunners that say we don't "need" AR's. I WANT to shoot, therefore I WANT 22lr. Edited by KKing
Guest TresOsos

What pissed me off the most during the ammo panick in 2009 was seeing employees of a certain gun store buying the ammo up at Wal-Mart to resell in their store and marked up quite nicely also.

All you can hope for it that this shortages eases to the point they get stuck with so much horded ammo they can't give it away.

Because this is America, it's not about what we "need". You sound just like those anti-gunners that say we don't "need" AR's. I WANT to shoot, therefore I WANT 22lr.

That makes no sense if you are trying to counter my point.  I'll try and simplify it in case there was any confusion:

America = free market

Jim Bob, Joe Bob & Billy Bob spend their day sitting at WalMart and buy up all the .22lr

Mary Sue, Betty Sue & Linda Sue are now mad because they can't buy any .22lr (for whatever reason their hearts desire)

Jim, Joe & Billy take those .22lr rounds and jack up the price 200% and resell them to other people looking to buy

This makes Mary, Betty & Linda angry because it's not fair that other people have all the .22lr and they can't find any at the price they have deemed is reasonable, so they grab wooden pitch forks, torches and signs to go protest on Jim, Joe & Billy's front lawn.

What Mary, Betty & Linda don't think about is what Jim, Joe & Billy is doing IS EXACTLY WHAT WALMART DOES

Then, Mary, Betty & Linda come home from church and there's an angry mob in their front yard with wooden pitchforks and torches.  The mob is shouting as loud as they can, how it was not fair that Mary, Betty & Linda bought their car from a dealership during a special sale and got it cheaper than everyone else did. 

Oblivious to the hypocrisy, Mary, Betty & Linda tell everyone to mind their own business and leave them alone.

Hopefully that is a bit more entertaining than a rant that could be interpreted outside of its intent.

Edited by Sam1

All you can hope for it that this shortages eases to the point they get stuck with so much horded ammo they can't give it away.

Exactly, my guess is that half of the AR's sold last year (if not more) haven't even had a round put through them because the people were just buying them because everyone else was... They didn't actually want one outside or have any clue what to do with it in the first place.

This "shortage" is a self-fulfilling prophecy

I just put up some bash ads on my local armslist with their picture! screw these low-lives

They're gone. You done got !#$% Spam-canned by "the Armslist community" which has apparently spoken.

Edited by R_Bert
[quote name="Sam1" post="1105331" timestamp="1391383527"]What Mary, Betty & Linda don't think about is what Jim, Joe & Billy is doing IS EXACTLY WHAT WALMART DOES.[/quote] Nope. I guarantee you Walmart does not mark up .22 ammo 200%. I just purchased a 425 rd pack of Remington Sabres for $11.47. That means, under your scenario, that Walmart purchased that box of ammo for about $3.82 or $.0089 per round. I doubt they got that kind of deal.

Nope. I guarantee you Walmart does not mark up .22 ammo 200%. I just purchased a 425 rd pack of Remington Sabres for $11.47. That means, under your scenario, that Walmart purchased that box of ammo for about $3.82 or $.0089 per round. I doubt they got that kind of deal.

How much they mark it up is irrelevant, are you suggesting that regulators outside of the company start telling WalMart what is and is not an acceptable price the same as is being done with the bozos being crucified here?

Everyone wants the rules to apply across the board, until it affects them... Same way government cuts work, everyone wants a smaller government and less services, until they start talking about scaling back the one that benefits them.

Edited by Sam1
The "regulators" you speak of are the buying public. Let Walmart run the price up 200% and when the public stops buying the price will come down. It's the same with the resellers. As long as people pay their price they will keep doing what they are doing.

The "regulators" you speak of are the buying public. Let Walmart run the price up 200% and when the public stops buying the price will come down. It's the same with the resellers. As long as people pay their price they will keep doing what they are doing.

Exactly my point! There's no reason to get up in arms over people scalping some rounds.

Making derogatory claims and basically harassing those scalpers isn't the technique you would use against Walmart, so why use it against the people?