Tactical Tomahawk

Guest semiautots

RMJ Tactical should be your only stop as a Tennessean.  No one makes a better tomahawk than Ryan, and you can keep your business right here in Tennessee.

http://www.rmjtactical.com

I agree.  However, ZT has a new one coming out that looks pretty darn good for those that don't want to shell out the $450 and deal with the wait time for a RMJ.  http://www.bladehq.com/item--Zero-Tolerance-0102-Tomahawk-4--21516

I want to make an additional comment on RMJ Tactical.  I have a feather Kestral that I beat the crap out of.  I had literally put notches in the beard where I had mistakenly hit rocks with it.  It was definitely used and abused.  I dropped it off at the shop and asked if they could resharpen it.  Several days later I was told it was ready.  When I picked it up, I was blown away.  The hawk looked brand spankin' new.  Cost?  $0.00!  That is standing behind your product, and it is unbelievable customer service.  If it is in your budget and don't mind the wait, RMJ is the way to go.

If there was one thing I would add to the hawk, it would be to make the handle a little beefier. If you use it for several hours, you will definitely get some blisters on your hand.

Guest hawkeye369

I would reccomend the Colt X-1 tomahawk. I bought a sog tomahawk awhile back and the plastic handle broke on it after throwing it a few times. The Colt one is solid 1055 carbon steel and wont break.

Edited by hawkeye369
I have one of Spots. They fit very nice in the hand and I have used mine a lot in the past week and this hawk is a tank. I split a wheel barrel load of oak kindling with it. And it didn't cost an arm and a leg ( at least not yet) LOL
[quote name="BJB" post="1110558" timestamp="1392333813"]I have one of Spots. They fit very nice in the hand and I have used mine a lot in the past week and this hawk is a tank. I split a wheel barrel load of oak kindling with it. And it didn't cost an arm and a leg ( at least not yet) LOL[/quote] I'm glad that thing is working for you. I've had alot of interest in those on facebook, so if you run into anything you would change let me know. Tapatalk ate my spelling.
  • 2 months later...
Guest Authenticman
I picked up a hand forged tomahawk from the last renaissance festival from one of the smiths there and have been really pleased with it. I will have to post a pic tonight. I spent $160 on it and feel it was a great value as compared to the others I have (cold steel). Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk