State of the Union, You Watching?

[quote name="Runco" post="1102854" timestamp="1390965555"]I did like the standing ovation for Sgt Cory Remsburg! :usa:[/quote] And yet i was simultaneously disgusted by the commandwr in chief who sent him into harms way using him as a human prop to support his agenda. You didnt even get the impression that obama understood the weight of the responsibility he bears
Guest TankerHC

I watched it, I like how he threw Reagan under the bus. He can no longer use the Bush for blame, he cant bash Clinton so he has to go back to Reagan, wonder how long before he is blaming his lack of "Being President" on Jimmy Carter. I have decided not to worry about it. this country has made it through 237 years and quite a few sh___y Presidents, someone has to be "worst", we just happen to have a sh____y Congress to go along with it. After 237 years I think we will last another 11 months. Obama's long term goals, according to him, last one year (His one year plan). It is one year because he knows that is about how long he has left to play immitation Dictator.

Watching last night, This right here is exactly what I saw.

http://youtu.be/Y7hyUucbmj4

I did like the standing ovation for Sgt Cory Remsburg! :usa:

Wish I could like this post 100 times. That young man deserved every second of that standing ovation. I'm just sorry he was being used by a President that in all reality hates our Military for the most part and has proven it to many times.............jmho

Well, I watched it all and my conclusion to it was he acted somewhat mundane in all but the part about the Republicans and health care. He got a little loud about that but other wise he kind of acted like he didn't want to upset any ones apple carts. I listened to the reporters after it ended and they pretty much said that all of the plans for Obama and his executive orders sounded like he could do a lot more than he can actually do with them and said for the most part they are very limited in all reality.  His touch about guns and gun control was very limited and as far as executive orders doing anything about that were slim to none. He acted like he tried to stay pretty much away from gun talks. In all, I think he was being careful about what he really wanted to say because of mid-term elections. I also thought the reporters did mention a couple times that there is a very good chance the Republicans will take the Senate in mid terms. That comment came up a few times as they talked. I hope they are right but I will not be holding my breath waiting to see. I also noticed that the standing ovations were shorter than normal from both sides of the isle except for the Sergeant near the end and I think Obama has lost a lot of respect from even many of his own party. His ratings are beginning to take their toll I think . I also heard the reporters discuss the fact about Hillary doing so speaking for the mid-terms to help the Democrats that are running and Bob Sheiffer   said that quite a few of those running have asked her NOT to come and speak for them. Maybe they have seen that her ratings are also dropping......................jmho

I wasnt the only one disgusted with obama's use of a disabled veteran as a prop: http://ideas.time.com/2014/01/29/the-state-of-the-unions-most-despicable-moment/ "There is no more serious decision that a government makes than to send its citizens a war. And there is nothing more disturbing than a president using soldiers’ sacrifices as a way of selling a grab-bag of domestic policy agenda items."

As amateur contemporary historian (sounds better than "news junkie"),  pretty much compelled to I'm afraid.

Amazing Boehner can actually get "high honor and distinct privilege" out without apoplexy, or at the least a chortle.

- OS

Yep, I couldn't force my tongue to say that!