For my fellow bearded men

Spots

[quote name="Keal G Seo" post="1102992" timestamp="1391007826"]I've never used a beard oil. I've just used conditioner to keep it softer. Does oil actually get into it? Keep me updated. While I like all their scents the main thing I'd like to know is how strong the smell is before I try a bit.[/quote] I normally only wash my beard out with shampoo once a week unless it just gets full of block dust, since the shampoo drys it out. So I normally just rinse it out good and doing that the beard oil makes mine feel smoother and softer than just using conditioner. Im intrested to see how it smells also, because I wanna try the cedar and the peppermint. Tapatalk ate my spelling. Edited by Spots

I use Mane & Tail Horse Shampoo for my head and beard.  Works fairly well I suppose.  Never heard of "beard oil"  Might haveta giver a look.  

I started growing my beard out about a year or so ago.  Makes me wonder why the heck I ever wasted time shaving.  You shave it off and damn if the stuff don't grow right back.  Maybe it's supposed to be there.  I quit cutting hair altogether.  I used to shave my head with the dog clippers once a month.  My wife hated it.  Said I looked like a skinhead.  SO, in defiance, I quit cutting it at all.  It's past my shoulders now.  As I said before, I wonder now why I ever cut any of it.  If a man on his death bed could have all the time he spent shaving and cutting hair over his life, back, he'd have time to kiss his old lady and kids and go fishing again.  

• Like 4

I use just plain Jojoba Oil I got from Whole Foods.  Its a nice conditioner but has not scent, which may be desirable or not.  I don't shampoo mine everyday either, usually every other day or two days.  I will use some condition only without shampoo, that seems to keep it from getting too dry. 

I like these guys too, not a Tennessee company but good fellers.

http://dreambeardoils.com/

This sounds like it may be worth a try.  My only concern is where my beard brushes against the front of my shirt.  I wouldn't want a big oil stain on my chest.

even with a beard that large, just a small amount the size of a nickel or less would be plenty for your entire beard.  like aftershave, just rub hands together and work into beard.  It will appear shiny at first, but will go away in a few mins

Might have to give it a try, usually about the time I get  respectable beard going I cut it off because I'm tired of listening to the wife whine at that point.  I've got a pretty good amount of growth going now and I'm vowing to not cut it until we see 70+ degrees so I'm thinking it might get some decent growth.

• Like 1
[quote name="Lumber_Jack" post="1103015" timestamp="1391010331"]I use just plain Jojoba Oil I got from Whole Foods. Its a nice conditioner but has not scent, which may be desirable or not. I don't shampoo mine everyday either, usually every other day or two days. I will use some condition only without shampoo, that seems to keep it from getting too dry. I like these guys too, not a Tennessee company but good fellers. [url="http://dreambeardoils.com/"]http://dreambeardoils.com/[/url][/quote] They have an unscented one that has jojoba oil as the main ingredient.

This sounds like it may be worth a try. My only concern is where my beard brushes against the front of my shirt. I wouldn't want a big oil stain on my chest.
Ive never had my beard feel oily, it absorbs fast. That includes working in 100+ weather doing construction and masonry I've never had it run out of my beard.

Don't think I could stand the odor.
They make an unscented one.

How do I keep the adjustable stock on my AR from pulling my beard?
Wear a shemagh? Lol or switch to a fixed stock. Heres the unscented one for you guys who don't like the odors. https://www.etsy.com/listing/174308569/beard-oil-unscented-one-ounce-handpoured?ref=sr_gallery_9&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery Tapatalk ate my spelling.
[quote name="peejman" post="1103126" timestamp="1391022317"]I started a beard before Christmas and have been looking for some beard oil to help with dry skin. Is that stuff sold in stores, or just online? My wife actually likes the beard.[/quote] Ive never seen it in stores, as far as I know they only see online. Ive actually never seen any beard oils sold in stores, other than jojoba oil sold at some whole foods places. Tapatalk ate my spelling.
  • Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

What ever happened to good ol' chicken drippins?

Dave

Yep just eat Kentucky Fried Chicken original recipe once in awhile and make sure to wipe the fingers in the face hair as well. :)

[quote name="Lester Weevils" post="1103170" timestamp="1391028702"]Yep just eat Kentucky Fried Chicken original recipe once in awhile and make sure to wipe the fingers in the face hair as well. :)[/quote] I'm afraid my dog would eat my face if I did that. Tapatalk ate my spelling.

I have worn a beard for nearly twenty years. I wash it with face soap and shave it off once a year.

Other than that I keep it trimmed three seasons of the year and go mountain man in the winter.

I haven't ever kept any oil or used any fancy conditioner on it.

I do know that last time I shaved it off my dog growled at me and my daughter refused to hug and kiss me goodnight for at least a week.

[quote name="gregintenn" post="1103074" timestamp="1391016840"]How do I keep the adjustable stock on my AR from pulling my beard?[/quote] I use a b5 stock to cure that. I did have a palmetto stock that did that I hated it so much I paid $60 to cure it. I just shaved 3 months of growth off and went back to just a goatee. I was using argon oil on mine. The beard absorbs it within about 15 mins. If you want to speed this up use a hair dryer (I know men should never use a dryer but its for your beard! ) Edited by sL1k
  • 4 weeks later...

So I'm going to be "that guy" and bump this thread back up.  Spots, did you ever purchase the beard oil?  How has it been working out for you?  I grew my first beard in college probably around 7 or 8 years ago.  Then I got a job where beards were frowned upon and was clean shaven for a couple years.  Once I quite that job (best decision ever, don't ever work for anyone who doesn't like a beard but I digress) I grew it back after I started my next one.  I, for the last 3 years have had a "professional" job so I didn't want to go all mountain man.  I recently have taken a new position with an office job with the rail road here and since I don't have any client contact and its a freaking logistics rail road job, I have started to let my beard grown free!  I don't expect to be Duck Dynasty or anything but definitely, longer than I have ever grown before.  

So, I have found that my beard has started to grow OUT and get sorta puffy/scraggly.  It looks pretty good right after I get out of the shower (Chuck Norris like but shorter) after conditioning it, but I guess it dries out throughout the day (or i play with it too much) and starts to go all crazy on me.  I figure at some point, gravity will take effect and it wont be able to grow "out" but am wondering if beard oil will help soften it and keep it moisturized and less crazy looking?