You Will Buy A Beretta

runco

I've seen the You Will Buy A Glock on most gun message boards, so thought about one for Beretta with today's announcement of Beretta coming to Tennessee.  Will you buy a Beretta if you have never had one before?    Maybe just to be a patriotic Tennesseean?

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/75423-beretta-usa-building-new-facility-in-sumner-co/

The Beretta 92FS was my fist ever handgun purchase from 1992 at Wynns in Sevierville.  I paid $549.95.  I still have it, and the box.  Its in excellent shape.  It has an excellent trigger, and is little heavy.  I don't cycle it through my ccw lineup because I don't have a IWB holster, but I am inspired today and may buy me a holster.   I also have the Beretta 21A 22LR popup.  It use to be temperamental with ammo, but I have shot the hound of it, and it works flawlessly now. 

So what say you?  Will you buy one now?  I hope so, we need to show Beretta what a gun loving state Tennessee really is!  Maybe Sig Sauer will be inspired to move South too, maybe to the Knoxville area. 

Yep, eventually. I was gunna buy one anyway, before I heard about them opening a plant here. Everybody's gotta have an Inox 92 in their collection, right?

However, there is an M&P Pro, 10MM CZ75 clone, S&W 1911, and S&W 442/642 in line ahead of the Beretta. :-)

Already have Italian and MD made 92's and a NEOS, so guess I'll stop there, even though would love to have any firearm in my collection that was made here.

Well, actually, I have the TGO CMT AR lower, so guess I do have one, technically. :)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
I will if they put out something I want at a price I can afford. Doubt I'll buy one just because, but then again, maybe.

I'm pretty fickle when it comes to this kind of stuff, I don't often save money for anything in particular, I save some hobby money up and if I see something I want and can afford it, I buy it. If not I just keep saving and the budget opens up to bigger better toys.

I may be abit more open to a new Berreta today than I was yesterday though. ;)

Always had a craving for their O/Us.  Certainly more incentive .......................once they get a plant up and running!

But I won't start counting their production numbers until they're actually producing something.  Tennesseans have been suckered before on these announcements.

When I saw this on the evening news I wondered if gun sales in the state of Tenn. had any influence on their decision?

Edited by HvBikeWlTravel

I already have a PX4. I've been wanting a 92 ever since I shot one of Mac's but I was determined to get a 1911 first. 1911 has been acquired so this is motivating me to get the 92 as soon as possible. I want to check out the compact but I've not seen one locally.

Baretta92-both.jpg

Just love the aesthetics of these babies, though I admit I haven't learned to shoot them as well as my XDs for some reason.

Speaking of "aesthetics", there's this, too :):

neos.jpg

I actually own two of them, picked up the second one used to make the carbine kit, but about a year ago it assumed unicorn status for some reason:

neoscarbine1.jpg

- OS

If I ever get serious about shooting trap, I'd consider one of their shotguns harder today than I would have yesterday, but at this point

*warning - sacrilege inbound*

there aren't many more guns I want.  I would love a Smith 617 at some point, but I'm in no hurry so long as .22lr is difficult.  I've still got a MkIII and a CZ452 to feed.  I would like to own a 1903, though.  Maybe a Ruger Scout, it looks handy.  Always wanted to try out a CZ75 to see if the hype was true...and then I've never had an H&K anything either.  I'll probably get around to building up a 10/22 at some point for no good reason, and I just remembered that I said a while back that I'd like to find a Mauser with an irreparable stock and make something out of it.

Nope, not too many more guns I want these days

Have you seen my member name? I can't be sure, but I think I might have a bit of a Beretta addiction. Last year I traded one of them for a SIG P220 with another TGO member so I'm down to seven right now. The Cougars are my favorite models to shoot & IMO have the best ergonomics, but I can't pass up a sexy 92/96 model.

Beretta 8045 F Cougar

072.jpg

Beretta 8040 D Cougar

001-18.jpg

Beretta 8045 Mini Cougar

004-19.jpg

Beretta 92FS Inox

002-36.jpg

The Twins ... Beretta 92G Elite & 96G Elite

009-12.jpg

Beretta 90-Two

007-15.jpg

• Like 4

actually sort of felt burned by the last 2, so it will take quite a pistol for me to buy another.   Tried their px4 and it did not have the rotating recoil device, bad advertising -- only the giant models have this which was unclear and supposedly the 'thing about' that model series... duh ...  then tried the nano, advertised as a small striker but really just a cheap DAO.   I am really glad to have them in TN but they have enough of my money after those 2 horrible experiences. 

Berettas are well made, well engineered guns with a history of reliability that is second to none.

I've owned probably close to a dozen in the last 20 years, but rarely keep them. Although I do have 3 right now.

My problem is that I really just don't like them. They just don't work for me.

Absolutely nothing I can say bad against them. I just don't have the love for them that I do for other makes.

Would I buy one when a made in Tn model is available? Possibly. Would love to get one of the carbines, but doubt them being manufactured here first.