You Will Buy A Beretta

runco

Don't believe it has been shortened in this example unless it started out as 6 inch model or something, and remilled to hold the front sight again. (edit: no, looking at 6" model, that wouldn't have worked either, unless they took a rail from the 4" one).

You're correct. I rotated and scaled the pictures and the barrel and slide parts are the same in both pictures. I'm guessing you're correct that this is a 4" rail with a cut-down 6" barrel. I think I'd heard about the milling and convinced myself that that was what had happened in this picture (I've seen it before).

If I had access to the right kind of lathe, I'd probably give it a go myself after a bit of practice. But I think I'd rather just pay someone. Though the slide obviously complicates things.

There's a video of a guy with a suppressed neos on Youtube. Pretty neat. You can hear the action cycling as the loudest thing.

Edit: I think I thought the milling was to shorten the rail but it appears it's just to make the rail clear the suppressor so you have some overhang if you go that way.

I guess the other option would be some kind of m/m insert that threads into the barrel and leaves some thread sticking out. Edited by tnguy

My "next beretta" one of these days would be a nickel finish .380 cheetah, kinda "just because" rather than any particular need. They shoot nice and look good. The dang things are rather expensive for some reason. More spensive than typical 9mm beretta pistols. And not often seen in local stores.

Those are nice. That's my wife's grandma's carry gun.

I like the idea of a nice gun stamped "Gallatin, TN"
My family has a very, very long history in Gallatin and Sumner County.
I don’t own foreign guns (other than military collectables); haven’t owned one in over 25 years. But it appears that Berretta is actually going to be manufacturing guns here instead of importing them in, assembling them, and calling it American made. I might be able to justify this to myself on the manufacturing jobs it brings to the area alone.

Since they said the new rifle they make will be illegal in the state where it is manufactured; is it safe to assume that is what they will be making here?
  • Like 1

Anyone have any idea what the new Gallatin plant is going to produce? Parts? If complete firearms which one(s)?

They are moving two lines here, one is their "tactical" line and I have forgotten what the other is going to be.

EDIT Gallatin will be the home of Beretta's "sporting" and "tactical" lines as well as the research & development for the lines.

I'll add the link below, sorry if it's the same that's been posted elsewhere. Been out of pocket for a bit.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20140129/BUSINESS/301290171/Gun-company-Beretta-bringing-300-jobs-Gallatin

Edited by Luke E.
First off I'm excited to have another firearms manufacturer in the area... but I'm having trouble getting excited about the "way to go Beretta, way to show them what happens when they pass unconstitutional laws" thing. If they were relocating because they didn't want their business supporting a state that would inact such legislation, they would have moved the whole company, lock , stock and barrel. But they didn't, they are only moving what they are forced to by the law while leaving the rest there to comply with the BS legislation and continue to find such shenanigans. This is just my opinion and I'd like to reserve the right to be excited if one day if they should decide to go ahead and commit to phase themselves out of MD.

First off I'm excited to have another firearms manufacturer in the area... but I'm having trouble getting excited about the "way to go Beretta, way to show them what happens when they pass unconstitutional laws" thing. If they were relocating because they didn't want their business supporting a state that would inact such legislation, they would have moved the whole company, lock , stock and barrel. But they didn't, they are only moving what they are forced to by the law while leaving the rest there to comply with the BS legislation and continue to find such shenanigans. This is just my opinion and I'd like to reserve the right to be excited if one day if they should decide to go ahead and commit to phase themselves out of MD.

It would be a pretty stupid move to announce they are closing Accokeek a year before they are ready to move. But Berretta said in may it will not relocate Accokeek. So this must be an expansion. Their USA HQ’s may stay there? It’s a small operation for them; its only 300 here (USA) with 1900 employees in the company.

I’m also pretty sure that the rifle they are producing is not illegal to be produced there; just can’t be sold to the citizens of that state.

I’m surprised that any gun company would move to a state that is not constitutional carry and where carrying a gun is a crime; but I’m glad to see them come here; we beat out Texas. biggrin.gif Edited by DaveTN

It would be a pretty stupid move to announce they are closing Accokeek a year before they are ready to move. But Berretta said in may it will not relocate Accokeek. So this must be an expansion. Their USA HQ’s may stay there? It’s a small operation for them; its only 300 here (USA) with 1900 employees in the company.

I’m also pretty sure that the rifle they are producing is not illegal to be produced there; just can’t be sold to the citizens of that state.

I’m surprised that any gun company would move to a state that is not constitutional carry and where carrying a gun is a crime; but I’m glad to see them come here; we beat out Texas. biggrin.gif

Well i'm basing my opinion on their saying that they will not completely relocate. There are plenty of other states that would be a better environment for their business and I'd like to think that if I were the owner, i'd be on the first thing smokin headed somewhere south. Now like you said, it wouldn't be wise to show all their cards before they were ready to act which is why I wanted to reserve my right to change tunes if they went ahead and withdrew completely from MD when the time was right. I can think of few reasons to stay put and many to get packing.

I don’t own foreign guns (other than military collectables); haven’t owned one in over 25 years. But it appears that Berretta is actually going to be manufacturing guns here instead of importing them in, assembling them, and calling it American made. I might be able to justify this to myself on the manufacturing jobs it brings to the area alone.

Since they said the new rifle they make will be illegal in the state where it is manufactured; is it safe to assume that is what they will be making here?

I'm not sure I understand. Beretta has been manufacturing pistols here in the U.S. for 30 years when the M9 replaced the 1911A1.

I'm not sure I understand. Beretta has been manufacturing pistols here in the U.S. for 30 years when the M9 replaced the 1911A1.

Dave seems to be intimating that the parts aren't manufactured here, just assembled here. I wondered about it too, but didn't know one way or the other, so didn't reply.

- OS

Dave seems to be intimating that the parts aren't manufactured here, just assembled here. I wondered about it too, but didn't know one way or the other, so didn't reply.

- OS

When beretta released the 1301 competition shotgun,some folks didn't know why it didn't come from the factory w a 10 round tube. Everything else was ready to go for competition except for that one little detail. Answer was it couldn't be imported w a 10 round tube.... Id bet they do whatever is logistically feasible, be interesting to see no doubt..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

When beretta released the 1301 competition shotgun,some folks didn't know why it didn't come from the factory w a 10 round tube. Everything else was ready to go for competition except for that one little detail. Answer was it couldn't be imported w a 10 round tube.... Id bet they do whatever is logistically feasible, be interesting to see no doubt..

Was that shotgun labeled as "made in USA?"

- OS

Glad to see any gun manufacturer move to TN, or any other legit industry, for that matter. Certainly jobs

are needed here. As to buying a Beretta, I don't have a plan to. Perfectly satisfied with my Walther PPQ.

Nothing against Beretta, good gun. Just don't have a need to buy a gun I don't need.

I wish them well, regardless.

Nope made in Italy w beretta Maryland on the barrel :

Well, "made in Italy" isn't really the question about DaveTN's assertion.

My two 92 FS's:

Baretta92-both.jpg

Evil Black is "made in Italy", Purty Blonde is "made in USA". Question is where are the parts made for the USA one? All here? Some here? None here?

I guess yours is clearly a "hybrid", but seems truthfully annotated. :)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
I hear ya, next event I go to I'll ask one of the beretta guys. I guess we'd both be pissed if they told us 50% china, 40% Pakistan w final assbly in the us lol.... I think the Maryland thing just tells the products importer. The paperwork w the gun was in English and Italian. The manual was worse than a Shoneys placemat but once u match the picture w the number it all works out. Def made in Italy,all good though works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling. Edited by Dustbuster