You Will Buy A Beretta

runco

Guest Lester Weevils
The inside and outside of my stoeger cougar are both machined very clean as best I can tell, and the finish has stayed on the gun fine. The finish doesn't have any obvious wear marks except where the barrel rotates and a couple of typical places inside the slide rails. Places you would expect a bit of use-wear.

So as best I can tell the stoeger is machined as clean as my beretta usa and italy 92 models. Wish I'd bought an inox/nickel cougar rather than black, just because of personal preference in color.

In fact, the inside of my CZ85 looks rougher-machined than either the berettas or stoegers, but dunno how much that really matters, because the CZ85 works fine regardless of looking a little rough inside.

For whatever reason I tend to shoot my cougar slightly low at ranges such as 10 or 15 yards, though the groups are about as tight as any of the other pistols give me. Edited by Lester Weevils
  • 2 months later...

If they produce a Steel I, Combat, or 87T marked Made in TN...  yeah, I'll pick one or more up.  Might even need to buy a standard 92 just as a reason to dig up the SGS comps I have stuck in a box somewhere.

Mac

I've been on the hunt for a 92FS INOX made in Italy for months now... so far it's been impossible for me to find new, let alone used.

One day... :)

BerettaUSA has only shown a US made stainless model for a year or two now. With black hardware. Don't see an INOX on Italian site either.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I've been on the hunt for a 92FS INOX made in Italy for months now... so far it's been impossible for me to find new, let alone used.

One day... :)

There are some used ones out there. I know 'cuz I stupidly let an early Italian Inox get away in a trade years ago during an attack of 1911 fever. Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!

I had convinced myself it was too big for the caliber, etc, etc. Now I look back at the absolute buttery action and finish perfection and sulk.
Guest Lester Weevils

BerettaUSA has only shown a US made stainless model for a year or two now. With black hardware. Don't see an INOX on Italian site either.

- OS

I don't know, but get the impression maybe beretta does occasional runs of 92 inox, and they get scarce between runs. Got a usa no-black inox maybe 15 years ago, then a few years ago hadn't seen inox, or even black 92's much and began to worry maybe beretta would quit making em, so started looking for another inox as a spare. Then they made a "special run" of italian no-black inox for the beretta anniversary (500 years?) And they were plentiful for awhile, found one no problemo at chatt sportsmans warehouse, and reasonably priced.

I don't know, but get the impression maybe beretta does occasional runs of 92 inox, and they get scarce between runs. Got a usa no-black inox maybe 15 years ago, then a few years ago hadn't seen inox, or even black 92's much and began to worry maybe beretta would quit making em, so started looking for another inox as a spare. Then they made a "special run" of italian no-black inox for the beretta anniversary (500 years?) And they were plentiful for awhile, found one no problemo at chatt sportsmans warehouse, and reasonably priced.

Yeah, who knows. I certainly couldn't find a new total inox edition new anywhere for any price about a year ago when I started looking for one. Finally settled for a US made inox with black hardware.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • 1 month later...
Went to the LGS today and picked up a Beretta 92fs inox.
Will be changing the plastic guide rod with steel and the hammer with a command style hammer. Also bought three more magazines for a total of five 15 round mags. Edited by joe45