Winchester M-22 recall. If you got some check yer lot #'s...

Olin Corporation, through its Winchester Division, is recalling two (2) lots of M*22â„¢ 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Black Copper Plated Round Nose rimfire ammunition.

Symbol Number: S22LRT
Lot Numbers: GD42L and GD52L

Winchester has determined the above lots of 22 Long Rifle rimfire ammunition may contain double powder charges. Ammunition with double powder charges may subject the shooter or bystanders to a risk of serious personal injury and/or death, or cause firearm damage, rendering the firearm inoperable.

match-recall-2.jpg

Sadly I have 65000 rounds of both lot numbers combined. I sent Winchester an email stating I have some of there recalled ammo but no word back from them.
I be damned though if they want it back before sending me the exact amount I have stored and I sure ain't taking a refund for this when street value is roughly 150.00 per 1000 rounds

I couldn't shoot up 65000 rounds before I died. Not with the .22's I got.

It's only a brick a week for 2.5 years. Don't guess I ever quite averaged that, but certainly averaged a brick every couple of weeks for several years before Sandy Hook, often shot 500 at one sitting.

Heck even at only a brick per month it's less than 11 years.

And that's all assuming only one shooter in the family.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
Back when Clinton was in office and we went thru this I began buying ammo powders primers brass etc.... and to this day I still buy yea I'm sure I have more than I'll ever use. But the thing is if it ever dries up and that's seems be the way its headed I'll have my stash for years to come. I probably averaged 4-5 bricks ammo a week for 4-5 yrs and then this shortage has hit and I haven't had luxery to buy as the rest of you. I got one large shipment in a few months back of roughly 22000 rounds but that took a year on back order then. I have another back order shipment still out there for another 50k rnds I hope gets filled soon. So in mean time I buy and reload for my handguns and rifles. sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro

Back when Clinton was in office and we went thru this I began buying ammo powders primers brass etc.... and to this day I still buy yea I'm sure I have more than I'll ever use. But the thing is if it ever dries up and that's seems be the way its headed I'll have my stash for years to come. I probably averaged 4-5 bricks ammo a week for 4-5 yrs and then this shortage has hit and I haven't had luxery to buy as the rest of you. I got one large shipment in a few months back of roughly 22000 rounds but that took a year on back order then. I have another back order shipment still out there for another 50k rnds I hope gets filled soon. So in mean time I buy and reload for my handguns and rifles. sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro

like me been putting back powder for years bullets and brass as well nov 2012 I bought 60 cases on 22 from cmp

Olin Corporation, through its Winchester Division, is recalling two (2) lots of M*22â„¢ 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Black Copper Plated Round Nose rimfire ammunition.

Symbol Number: S22LRT
Lot Numbers: GD42L and GD52L

Winchester has determined the above lots of 22 Long Rifle rimfire ammunition may contain double powder charges. Ammunition with double powder charges may subject the shooter or bystanders to a risk of serious personal injury and/or death, or cause firearm damage, rendering the firearm inoperable.

match-recall-2.jpg

Actually, I have it on good account that lot numbers 0 thru ∞ are affected.  You should send all suspect rounds to me for testing.  I will let you know if you have a claim so you can then contact Winchester with validated data. :cool: 

• Like 1

Sadly I have 65000 rounds of both lot numbers combined. I sent Winchester an email stating I have some of there recalled ammo but no word back from them.
I be damned though if they want it back before sending me the exact amount I have stored and I sure ain't taking a refund for this when street value is roughly 150.00 per 1000 rounds

After that post, lemme know if you hear any helicopters flying low nearby. :tinfoil:

It's only a brick a week for 2.5 years. Don't guess I ever quite averaged that, but certainly averaged a brick every couple of weeks for several years before Sandy Hook, often shot 500 at one sitting.

Heck even at only a brick per month it's less than 11 years.

And that's all assuming only one shooter in the family.

- OS

Man, you guys shoot a lot of .22s! Is that formal tournament shooting or just plinking? I don't tourney shoot .22 but when I go plinking, I'll burn about 200 rounds, and I only go plinking about every other month. That's only 3-4 bricks a year, depending on the brick size.

Well winchester called today at first they were gonna send ups but said they have send Dominion freight for the 65 boxes ammo I have. I told them they needed to replace it when they picked it up one box for one box. His sneer back was we will cut you a check. I told them that will not work I want 65 boxes ammo for my 65 boxes or I want current market value of 150.00 per 1000 rounds.
Needless say we got no where and I be damned if they gonna get one round of this without replacing or paying my price.
  • Like 1

Well winchester called today at first they were gonna send ups but said they have send Dominion freight for the 65 boxes ammo I have. I told them they needed to replace it when they picked it up one box for one box. His sneer back was we will cut you a check. I told them that will not work I want 65 boxes ammo for my 65 boxes or I want current market value of 150.00 per 1000 rounds.
Needless say we got no where and I be damned if they gonna get one round of this without replacing or paying my price.

:stunned:  :stunned:  :stunned:

And when was it illegal to buy and store ammo?

Only allowed to have so much at a residence per fire code. Only allowed so much powder and primers as well.

Businesses can have more if stored properly and with proper permits.

Remember you are dealing with explosives technically.

Only allowed to have so much at a residence per fire code. Only allowed so much powder and primers as well.

Businesses can have more if stored properly and with proper permits.

Remember you are dealing with explosives technically.

I don't think there is a state fire code, handled by each city and county is it not? I also believe that whatever you find may apply only to black and smokeless powder, rather than assembled ammo?

- OS