Upgraded my M14

Spots

I did some horse trading and got a Troy MCS chassis for my M14. Installtion went smoothly, and I love the feel. I also added a greg mcgee 1200 lumen weapon light to go with it. Now to add some good glass and find out how she shoots. 20140131_145948_zps0da8f6d0.jpg Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 3
[quote name="RC3" post="1104246" timestamp="1391199698"]How hard was the chassis swap? It looks good tho.[/quote] Having the right tools it was fairly straight forward. Just need a good set of allen keys, some loctite, and a rubber mallet. Took me maybe an hour. Tapatalk ate my spelling.
[quote name="Caster" post="1104287" timestamp="1391203202"]RUBBER mallet? YOU???? Ha, yeah right.[/quote] Yeah I did it at the gun shop and he wouldn't let me use a real hammer lol

Do you have a fixed stock laying around? I am trying to picture that rifle with an m16 style stock.
Ill see if I can dig one up Tapatalk ate my spelling.
  • Like 1

[quote name="RC3" post="1104407" timestamp="1391215437"]Holy cow, if you do find one and it looks like what I am picturing what it looks like, then I found my next rifle.[/quote] This isn't mine but same setup with an A2 butt stock images2_zps7aee6cac.jpg

DANG Spots! That looks wicked! Triple :up: :up: :up: !!!!!! So how much difference did it make weight wise? (like the difference between a rubber mallet and a Spots mallet?)
About 3 lbs. Thanks for the compliments guys Tapatalk ate my spelling.
  • Like 1

This isn't mine but same setup with an A2 butt stock images2_zps7aee6cac.jpg

About 3 lbs. Thanks for the compliments guys Tapatalk ate my spelling.

I now know my next rifle. Thank you. It looks just as nice as I thought it would.

Again, thank you.

[quote name="RC3" post="1104496" timestamp="1391225014"]I now know my next rifle. Thank you. It looks just as nice as I thought it would. Again, thank you.[/quote] Your wallet isn't gonna thank me. I'd be embarrassed to say what it would cost to build from scratch without trading some things and finding great deals Tapatalk ate my spelling.

I took some better pictures today, thought still cell phone quality. I can't wait to get a bipod and some glass and find out what it'll do.

[URL=http://s535.photobucket.com/user/tnplowboy07/media/e88ca46d-f6a1-4a77-b6d1-8fde7d4fdc22_zps7ff812f2.jpg.html]e88ca46d-f6a1-4a77-b6d1-8fde7d4fdc22_zps[/URL]

[URL=http://s535.photobucket.com/user/tnplowboy07/media/87d8b24d-4409-454e-aa22-e408ca499677_zpsb10e4ee2.jpg.html]87d8b24d-4409-454e-aa22-e408ca499677_zps[/URL]

[quote name="RC3" post="1104907" timestamp="1391301280"]Showed your photos to a friend and he cried heresy. Then he made a valid point, why not just use a AR chambered in .308? Would have been cheaper.[/quote] Have you priced a piston driven .308 AR? Lol And I just prefer the M14, though he is correct, its basically a big heavy .308 AR with a more reliable operating system in this chassis. As far as calling foul, lots of people do. I worry more about functionality and ergonomics than some certain "look". Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Have you priced a piston driven .308 AR? Lol And I just prefer the M14, though he is correct, its basically a big heavy .308 AR with a more reliable operating system in this chassis. As far as calling foul, lots of people do. I worry more about functionality and ergonomics than some certain "look". Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Im not knocking on you, I really like the look of your set up. Its just I had a hard time fighting his point last night.

• Like 1

Im not knocking on you, I really like the look of your set up. Its just I had a hard time fighting his point last night.

No point in fighting his point; especially if you don’t have the background to do it. There are people that used rifles like the M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M14 and maybe even the 03 Springfield during their time in the service. They just want them. (You can't argue with that)

I have the above rifles (except an M14) and I also have modern AR's in both 308 & .223. That’s why we have “collections”; thankfully we don’t have to choose one rifle for all applications.

Have you priced a piston driven .308 AR? 

To replicate this setup new with a Springfield you would be in Scar 17 and LaRue territory if you dont mind the wait on the LaRue. Unless ofcourse my numbers are off which they may very well be but I figure Springfield standard around $1300 then the chassis runs another $900-$1000 ish so $2200 on a base model $2500+ with a loaded or $3,000+ with a NM.