Upgraded my M14

Spots

[quote name="~48_South~" post="1105096" timestamp="1391352447"]To replicate this setup new with a Springfield you would be in Scar 17 and LaRue territory if you dont mind the wait on the LaRue. Unless ofcourse my numbers are off which they may very well be but I figure Springfield standard around $1300 then the chassis runs another $900-$1000 ish so $2200 on a base model $2500+ with a loaded or $3,000+ with a NM.[/quote] Your a little high on the chassis. You can buy a bare chassis for $600 and add a plain pistol grip and a2 stock and be at $700. So your look8ng at about $2k for a base line. Its like someone said above, different strokes for different folks. I traded my way into both the M14 and the chassis, so I'm in it for less than $1500 considering the price I actually paid for my traded good, so for me it made sense. And more than that, its what I wanted, which can make a big difference. Theres no point in arguing why not an AR-10, because thats more or less what you build with this, a heavy, but dead simple reliable AR-10. Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Your a little high on the chassis. You can buy a bare chassis for $600 and add a plain pistol grip and a2 stock and be at $700. So your look8ng at about $2k for a base line. Its like someone said above, different strokes for different folks. I traded my way into both the M14 and the chassis, so I'm in it for less than $1500 considering the price I actually paid for my traded good, so for me it made sense. And more than that, its what I wanted, which can make a big difference. Theres no point in arguing why not an AR-10, because thats more or less what you build with this, a heavy, but dead simple reliable AR-10. Tapatalk ate my spelling.

I knew you had managed to get a good deal on everything. Unfortunately for me those are far and few between for the most part. Back when I had M1A's I started to purchase the same chassis but ended up just going with the Troy Battle rail instead.With what you have stated you wanted out of your weapon I would never argue in favor of the AR10 for reliability and ruggedness, Im a fan of the classics as well(FAL is my personal pref). I look forward to hearing how it shoots,I hear that chassis is the most rock solid one available for the M1A/M14 platform.

Edited by ~48_South~
[quote name="whitewolf001" post="1105519" timestamp="1391433609"]The thing that turns me off from a M1A EBR build is that it makes it HEAVY, IIRC, those add like another 2-3 lbs with all the metal BUT you're a big boy Spots so I suppose you'll manage. Is that your Go-Gun now?[/quote] Yep, until I scrap up enough to add an AR to the family that's my only rifle. It is heavy, but its lighter than a 249 or 240 lol Tapatalk ate my spelling.
[quote name="whitewolf001" post="1105530" timestamp="1391437182"]Though, if I do get a M1A EBR, I'm going to do it with a Sage Intl mod. M14ALCS, it's expensive but I've always liked em BUT ever since I played with one at the Outpost Armory I have wanted one ever since.[/quote] Yeah I like the Sage setup for sure. My biggest issue with the sage is that fact that you still have to buy an M14 scope mount to go with it and it requires tools to field strip. Other than that tbey are definitely sexy Tapatalk ate my spelling.