2014 Spring Turkey Hunting Thread

Time to get those calls out, sight in those shotguns and prepare for the onslaught of ticks and chiggers. My favorite time of year! 

Let us know what new calls, guns, vests you are wanting or have purchased, trips you are taking, or anything else turkey related. 

I am planning to open the Alabama season on March 15th. Then TN, KY and Fort Campbell. 

• Like 1

Im going to be looking for some new calls at the NWTF show in a  couple of weeks.

Go by booth 1158 and check out Oak Ridge Custom calls out of New Jersey. The owner is a great guy and his calls are really nice. I own several. I used them last year and killed 3 birds myself and called in 4 birds for some friends. This doesnt count the jakes I called in or yhe one I missed lol. The owners name is Jimmy Schaffer.
[quote name="ShaunM" post="1104976" timestamp="1391310275"]Go by booth 1158 and check out Oak Ridge Custom calls out of New Jersey. The owner is a great guy and his calls are really nice. I own several. I used them last year and killed 3 birds myself and called in 4 birds for some friends. This doesnt count the jakes I called in or yhe one I missed lol. The owners name is Jimmy Schaffer.[/quote] Do they have a website? I can't go this year due to work.
[quote name="ShaunM" post="1104976" timestamp="1391310275"]Go by booth 1158 and check out Oak Ridge Custom calls out of New Jersey. The owner is a great guy and his calls are really nice. I own several. I used them last year and killed 3 birds myself and called in 4 birds for some friends. This doesnt count the jakes I called in or yhe one I missed lol. The owners name is Jimmy Schaffer.[/quote] I will make sure to check them out.
  • Like 1

I really need to pull out my mouth calls soon.  Problem is that the noise gives my dogs a panic attack so I am limited to practicing in my car on the way to work.   :)

I used to give my wife a panic attack! So I sat out in the truck bay at the Fire department and practice calling.

Dave

• Like 1

If your wrinkled old butt is in Florida come spring, JG will have it planted under a live oak looking for turkeys. 

Going down next month to look at housing and go pig hunting with Cody. Oh, did I mention the beach? Yeah going there too!

Dave

• Like 1
[quote name="safetyfast" post="1106489" timestamp="1391621530"]My son and I are new to turkey hunting and looking forward to it. Anyone in Greene county?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]Not far from Greene Co. Im over in Unicoi Co. Greene Co. has a lot of turkeys. I see a lot when I go to Greenville.

I really need to pull out my mouth calls soon.  Problem is that the noise gives my dogs a panic attack so I am limited to practicing in my car on the way to work.   :)

Good to hear that I'm not the only one driving down the road practicing with my calls.

Four good places to hunt this season when I've always been confined to one or two in the past, so I've been looking forward to spring turkey hunting since a couple weeks into deer season. The only bad thing is that I've promised to call one in for two other people before I go after one myself, but calling them is the part that I enjoy the most.

[quote name="Nick@NKG" post="1107969" timestamp="1391881668"]Cant Wait I'm gonna Try my hand at some Turkey hunting with a Bow this year. If that fails ill resort back to the trusty shot gun![/quote] I always say if I get 3 than the 4th will be bow. Haven't had to break the now out yet. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk