My new Toy!

willis68

Guest sigequinox

As you wish, just came in the mail 30 minutes ago, I love this rifle!

image_zps80a42abf.jpg
image_zpseb968ce5.jpg
image_zps103bbd55.jpg

I have been back to this thread like 5 times now to look at this picture and drool. One sexy azz weapon. Been waiting for an importer to pick up this gun (as well as the Galil ACE) for like 3 or 4 years now. Within 2 months of the announcement of its arrival, CTs useless new gun legislation took affect. This will probably be the first retail rifle I buy. Just need to decide whether that will be before or after I build my own AK....

Very nice modification. I have been looking at the TAVOR. I passed on one in FDE for $1590 new this past week. The prices are

coming down on them. I have a MSAR and it has been a great rifle. Love the bull pup concept.

I've always heard the Tavor was the best bullpup out there... My experience with bullpups is limited to the FS2000 and AUG (neither of which would I choose or trust in a fight), but the Israelis love the TAR-21, and they have good taste...
[quote name="R1100R" post="1143591" timestamp="1398652885"]Very nice modification. I have been looking at the TAVOR. I passed on one in FDE for $1590 new this past week. The prices are coming down on them. I have a MSAR and it has been a great rifle. Love the bull pup concept.[/quote] Where did u see that price - got a buddy looking

Very nice modification. I have been looking at the TAVOR. I passed on one in FDE for $1590 new this past week. The prices are
coming down on them. I have a MSAR and it has been a great rifle. Love the bull pup concept.

I ended up with one of those MSARs that group like crap. I'm probably going to dump it for a Tavor as they come down on price. I bought the MSAR to replace my AR as a primary, but it doesn't come close to the same ballpark for accuracy.

Willis, how does that thing group for you?

I ended up with one of those MSARs that group like crap. I'm probably going to dump it for a Tavor as they come down on price. I bought the MSAR to replace my AR as a primary, but it doesn't come close to the same ballpark for accuracy.
Willis, how does that thing group for you?

It does well, for the Heavy trigger that it came with. I will be changing the trigger assembly to the
Super Sabra Trigger when they are released, here is a picture of the target of over 100 rounds shot when it was sighted in for 100 yards

image_zps0b042b96.jpg Edited by willis68

Where did u see that price - got a buddy looking

It was at a shop in Texas. But they are available on Gunbroker for that price. There are 6 pages of them listed overall. Few are selling.

I think the novelty has worn off and the prices are coming down for a few months.

My MSAR shoots great so I have not been in a hurry.

It was at a shop in Texas. But they are available on Gunbroker for that price. There are 6 pages of them listed overall. Few are selling.
I think the novelty has worn off and the prices are coming down for a few months.

My MSAR shoots great so I have not been in a hurry.

Believe me I paid much more than that and have absolutely no regrets

They have two new colors coming out, OD Green and Sniper Grey
I am waiting for them to make one chambered in 6.8 then I will have two of these rifles!

Maybe i am weird but i have no issue with the stock trigger

Nothing wrong with that. If it doesn't bug you for the kind of shooting you're gonna do, then it's a good thing.

First time I shot it, I turned to Willis and said, "that trigger sucks". He agreed. It's not so bad that you can't control the gun, but takes way more effort than I like in one of mine. A good trigger would make my shooting more accurate with that rifle.

It's such an awesome weapon in every other way. Why not bring the trigger up to that level of quality? Note that Willis' gun has a magnified optic. That bumps up the accuracy requirements some.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really considering selling an Ar15 to try one of these out. Will I regret it?

Those are dangerous words, which I personally have regretted after countless firearms trades/compromises in the past...

Find one to shoot before buying, no matter how awesome it sounds.

Their BIG benefit is that you get a long barrel in a design that is usually shorter than most AR-15 SBR's so you have DMR capability in a very small package.

You just gave me the perfect reason why to get one - why going trough all the crap and wait of registering an SBR when u can get this now and don't have to do anything to it thank u sir
  • Like 2

Those are dangerous words, which I personally have regretted after countless firearms trades/compromises in the past...
Find one to shoot before buying, no matter how awesome it sounds.

I take it you didn't care for it much?
  • 5 years later...