Water system problem in Springfield/Greenbrier

Metalhead

I just saw this a few minutes ago and thought I'd pass it along.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/24657494/springfield-residents-asked-to-reduce-water-usage

SPRINGFIELD, Tenn. – Residents of Springfield have been asked to reduce their water usage after officials said the water's condition did not meet regulations. 

Officials with the City of Springfield said the Springfield Water Treatment Plant is not able to produce water that complies with State and Federal Regulations.

All customers within the Springfield and Greenbrier Water Systems have been asked to immediately reduce their water usage.

City officials urged customers not to wash dishes, clothes or even flush toilets until absolutely necessary. They also asked residents to refrain from taking shows or baths.

Edited by Metalhead

Wonderful!

I passed through Ridgetop a couple time Tuesday evening, and both times there was a horrid odor in the air. Even with all windows closed, it was as if there was raw sewage in my truck. Not sure if that had anything to do with this, though.

By the way, how nervous should I be after chugging this huge glass of Crystal Light? 

Wonderful!

I passed through Ridgetop a couple time Tuesday evening, and both times there was a horrid odor in the air. Even with all windows closed, it was as if there was raw sewage in my truck. Not sure if that had anything to do with this, though.

By the way, how nervous should I be after chugging this huge glass of Crystal Light? 

Was it chunky? 

So, it may be dangerous, but the only advice is to reduce usage? Didn't say not to drink it.  I don't get it.

- OS

The way I read it, there's a quality problem with the source that's reducing how much they can process. I would be headed to the Wally World to load up on bottled drinking water. You can pee on anything. :)

• Like 2
This is not good at all, no one mentions what the actual problem is Ie volume of fresh or waste or decrepit equipment or equipment failures.as far as the odor goes who knows... I'd keep an eye on this if I lived in that district.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

This is not good at all, no one mentions what the actual problem is Ie volume of fresh or waste or decrepit equipment or equipment failures.as far as the odor goes who knows... I'd keep an eye on this if I lived in that district.....

As of this morning, they were still unsure what type of contaminant they are dealing with. According to the report, "the contaminant is something water experts have not seen before."

Basically, for whatever reason, the water is cloudy, and the chemicals they normally use were not helping the particulate settle to the bottom of the tanks. They received a different chemical last night, and it appears to be working. 

:shrug:

Edited by TripleDigitRide
Interesting, a good friend is an engineer on that field, he once told me there's water and solids. Water treatment removes the solids from cleaner water and sewer water. He claims " you'd never know the difference".

Walmart has a gizmo that tests water and reports back in ppm of contaminants. Buddy of mine did a bottle of aquafina 23 ppm. Fiji was highest at 170 ppm of crap go figure...

Wonderful!

Will we recognize you this Sunday at 8:00 P.M. on the AMC channel :ugh: