Anyone here dips?

RC3

Yes, yes, I know its bad for you. But to you fellow dippers whats your go to can? I stick with grizzly for most of my purchases, whether it is winter green, strait or the occasional mint.  But I do venture into the skoal territory for their "exotic" flavors. I cant make up my mind about copenhagen. My boss is also a grizzly fan and everyone else smokes damn menthols. What do you guys like to dip on?

I recent quit dipping, switching to vaping. A fellow TGOer owns a store, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did. 

My "go to" was always Grizzly wintergreen pouches. 

I have a strange relationship to dip. If I dont have to drive somewhere, I have no urge, but if I have to drive more than 20min, then it kicks in. Only smokes I ever liked was the swisher sweets vanillas, but they quit making them so I quit smocking. 

I have a strange relationship to dip. If I dont have to drive somewhere, I have no urge, but if I have to drive more than 20min, then it kicks in. Only smokes I ever liked was the swisher sweets vanillas, but they quit making them so I quit smocking. 

As someone who drives 10-12 hours a day, I know the feeling.

• Like 1

Never smoked even one cig. Started chewing Red Man when I worked at a lumber yard in Missouri. It never bother me to be without a chaw. But I started dipping Skoal probably 10 years ago. Skoal straight long cut....you are the DEBIL! I'm trying to quit and have quit a few times. This is the hardest thing I've ever tried to go without. 

• Like 1
I dipped once. I couldn't keep it in one spot and it started to " wander" all about my mouth. Next thing I know it is all in my mouth and burning! I spit it out, rinsed my mouth, and have not done it since. Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee
  • Like 1
I've been off the "can" since October 2012. Was the hardest thing I've ever quit. And I remember the date as quickly as I remember my aniversary. Took getting Wellbutrin from the doc. All I can say, is I nevermiss it, rarely think about it now, and doesn't make me want it when someone opens up a can.

Best thing I've ever done for myself and I feel better now than I did 10 years ago. Trying to get a buddy of mine to quit now, but realized one thing. You gotta want to quit for it to work. Can't do it for anyone but you!
  • Like 1

I tried to get my boss to quit and it almost work. Then I had to drive to clarksville and opened a can. He smelled it from his office. I generally can go various amounts of time with out it, its just when driving, No other time will give me the urge. 

I need to quit. And I also need to give up sweet tea. But as I soon as I start going to my car, the guy from the cookie place offered me free sweet tea. And as soon as I am done typing this, I will drive away with a can of berry skoal and a big ass cup of sweet tea. Something about the south. That's all I'm going to say.

I've been known to, but when my oldest daughter was born 30 years ago, I decided it was more important to be around for her than for me to enjoy my tobacco products.

I've had a cigar or two since then, but with the exception of second hand smoke I've been clean.

I guess it just comes down to what's important for you.

• Like 1
On October 11, 2011, I told my best friend that I never wanted to see him again. he was with me through 4 wars, 2 marriages, several jobs, trucks and motorcycles. Things in my life came and went...but my best friend was always there for me, ready to calm my nerves. It was hard to tell such a dear friend that he was bad for me and it was OVER. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never smoked even one cig. Started chewing Red Man when I worked at a lumber yard in Missouri. It never bother me to be without a chaw. But I started dipping Skoal probably 10 years ago. Skoal straight long cut....you are the DEBIL! I'm trying to quit and have quit a few times. This is the hardest thing I've ever tried to go without. 

Preach it , brother!!

• Like 1

Another recent quitter here.  After 13 years of use I had decided that my dip was something that I could enjoy for myself and I was done trying to quit.  My wife schedules a dentist appointment for me.  I figure they are going to tell me I need to quit and whatnot, but I wasn't going to give it up.  Basically they scared me into quitting.  Told me I was a prime candidate to start loosing teeth within the next few years and I had some spots in my mouth that could easily turn to cancer.  After paying $300 out of pocket for some deep cleaning I decided maybe I would give quitting one more try.  I had bought a can that morning on the way to the dentist appointment, I finished that can on a road trip for my birthday that weekend.  As I was finishing that can, taking the last pinch I told myself to enjoy it because this would be the last one.  That was on my birthday Dec. 8 and I have bummed a dip exactly twice.  For some reason it wasn't even hard this time, which was surprising because I completely went cold turkey.  I have used nicotine lozenges successfully in the past though.  I just held them in my lip like a dip, as the cravings became less I replaced the lozenge with hard candy.