FREE Turkey hunting gear!

OK fellow TGO'rs I have not flipped my lid, even though we all know turkey hunting is a mental disorder that is suffered by many! I will not be getting back into turkey hunting (for mental reasons lol) and have a deal for you!

Here's the gig....

Due to the rash of "give-a-ways" on TGO, I thought I would jump on the wagon as well. So, I will be giving away all my turkey hunting gear (minus my boots and shotgun) to one lucky sucker I mean hunter, who can meet my terms. I'm not going to tell all of what will be in the box, but I assure you it will be everything a new Turkey Hunter will need to make a fool out of themselves I mean call in turkey's and other hunters while afield.

TankerHC did a fabulous favor to me right before Christmas and now it's payback time!

The rules; (damn rules)

1. Whoever receives this gear promises to give or loan it to a child, teen or adult who is wanting to learn how to Turkey Hunt.

2. You must mentor that new Turkey Hunter to insure that they are proficient at the task at hand and are SAFE at ALL TIMES!!!

3. That you WILL NOT sell any of these items!

4. You MUST post a picture on TGO of your chosen person using or wearing this gear when the Turkey Season starts.

5. To participate, you must be a regular contributor here on the hunting forums and have a good post count.

How will it work:

Just briefly tell me who this will gear will be loaned or given to, and how you will mentor this person.

On Monday, February 10th, 2014, myself and my buddy (Federal Game Warden Jerome Curtis) will be going rabbit hunting. While he's here at my house, I will have him read this thread. We will place names in a hat, and have Officer Curtis draw one. The winner will be notified here and I will ship the items on my dime.

Easy enough

Sorry for the humor

Dave

• Like 6

Hey Dave.....good on ya for this.

Put my name in the hat for my 10 year old daughter.  If won, it would be hers and hers alone to use to become addicted to thunderchickens like I am.  She's got a youth 20 gage and is wanting to learn the 'craft.'

Thanks - John

• Like 1

Awesome thing that you're doing Dave. Please don't put my name in the drawing. However, you and I need to go fishing soon.

I'm getting ready to go, and my hold up is getting new tires on the boat trailer. I didn't realize that 14 inch tires got so expensive!

Dave

Add Rhinestone Rachel to the mix.  She got a compound bow for Christmas and wants to hunt turkey with it this spring.  She killed her first deer last fall.  I taught her how to shoot, she now is one of three grandkids shooting cowboy.  Her parents just bought land at Walden Farms and that is where I will take her to hunt turkey.  We saw a dozen deer there during the final purchase walk thru so we'll see what else is out there.

Cherokee Slim

• Like 1

Throw my name in the hat.  I just got my buddy Jay into hunting.  He got his first deer last year.  We saw a ton of turkeys during deer season and he is fired up about learning how to turkey hunt.  I am taking him to the NWTF show this coming weekend to start showing him all the cool stuff that turkey hunters can spend their money on.  

• Like 2

Dave, I would like to have my son considered sir. This year we will both hit the fields in search of the long beard for the first time. For the last 4 years we have watched the turkeys as we deer hunt coming down off of roost and listening to them as they tear thru the woods in the mornings and afternoons. This year....there wil be a reckoning! We attended the Long Hollow Long Beards banquet last week and that did nothing but fuel the fire even more. With the conference coming up I am sure we will be close to anxiety level without even setting foot into the woods. I am learning all I can about the ole' gobbler and his personality and hopefully me and my son will have a memorable turkey season to kick off yet another thing that we will enjoy together for years to come!

Thanks for the consideration and the gesture

Winners....

Well fellow TGO'rs I had four good members of our community enter my give a way for my Turkey hunting gear. I really wanted everyone to get drawn (in a way they did) for my gear which is in new to like new condition.

The name drawn for my gear was......

Congratulations to...

Cherokeeslim!!  He will receive my gear which consists of ;

1) Turkey Vest with detachable cushion.

2) Turkey padded seat.

3) Folding Turkey seat.

4) Book of Turkey calls.

5) Knight and Hale "Tom Coffin" box call.

6) H.S Strut Double Slate over Glass call.

7) H.S Strut Lil' Deuce double glass call.

8) Cammo bug proof garments.

9) 3D cammo face mask.

10) 3D cammo gloves.

11) Cedar Box call

12) Owl Hooter

13) Crow Call

Congratulations Sir, and to Rhinestone Rachel! Please PM me your TGO name, real name and Mailing address. Allow me a week or two to get this out.

Wait!!! I'm not done yet.

I wish I could have given each of you this gear, but it didn't happen that way.

So, in the name of fairness and in honor or the generosity of TankerHC and Slappy (and whoever paid his benefactor status), I want each of you that entered (homeagain, karhman and tbuford) to walk away feeling like you won.

So, those of you that entered (see names above) have won a FREE $20.00 gift card from your choice of Walmart or Bass Pro just for tagging along in this thread. I really appreciate each of you wanting to mentor or introduce someone new to Turkey Hunting, and I hope that my small gift will help you do so. please PM me your TGO name, real name and address, and your card preference, and please allow a week or two for your gift card to arrive.

Thanks for all y'all do in introducing new hunters to our sport! And, please, don't forget the Hunter Safety Courses!!

God Bless each of you and may you and your sponsored hunter have a safe and productive Turkey season!!!

Dave

Bent Arrow Outdoors

USFWS

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 5
Congrats Rhinestone Rachel!

Dave -

We ALL won regardless of your additional generosity...a kid gets to go hunting and with that we all win.

And without meaning to sound unappreciative of the gift card, cause I am....that was really cool of you and super generous (your type makes me proud to be an outdoorsman) there is likely someone who needs it more than I.

Gonna pm ya a suggestion privately.

Thanks again!
  • Like 1

First class...

I have always thought that this board has some "good people"....this is a great example of a class act. I told my son who won and he said "oh well"...and then I told him of the gift card...he says "really, why?"....I told him "Son, some have bigger hearts than others"....thank you for the example and the generosity again!

• Like 2
Dave, I believe you are the real winner in this one! Nothing like doing something for someone (or several in this case) just because.

Congrats sir. I know you had a huge smile while writing the list and what the lucky young ones got. And hopefully they will see what generosity can due to an unsuspecting person and one day in turn pay it forward!