2014 Sochi Winter Olympics

runco

You a fan and are you watching?

I still like olympic hockey.  I remember watching the 1980 USA win over the USSR.  My buddies and I used our roller skates and hockey sticks for weeks on the street to play our own version after this event 34 years ago.  Those were the days.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the opening ceremony last night. It was a rather selective take on Russian history. Tolstoy was well represented but they pretty much skipped the pograms and labor camps. Vlad Putin, who no doubt is calling the shots for the whole thing, probably figured that wouldn't make for good tv on the international stage.

I love the Winter Olympics and don't care at all for the summer games. Something about the mountains, the snow and the ice. It's majestic. And there are some total babes, but I'm not talking about the 14- year old figure skaters. I'm more into the Alpine ski chicks. Hotness right there.

It's unfortunate they won't show any of the shooting competitions on TV. I did watch the opening and it was a bit selective and glossed over, but pretty good overall,

What I don't get is that a huge percentage of these top athletes don't even live in the country they supposedly represent. The majority live somewhere here in the US. I think that's a real crock. If you're not going to live in the country you're playing for then you should be disqualified.

We didn't even make the top 10

If it was more shooting and less skiing we'd probably be better.

I like the skiing events, hockey, and ice skating races... oh and curling. I think anything with judges is rigged. I like events with clear, non-subjective winners. Even though the snowboarding is pretty cool. Overall I like the winter games.

I like the skiing events, hockey, and ice skating races... oh and curling. I think anything with judges is rigged. I like events with clear, non-subjective winners...

Some of the skiing have judges for subjective scoring. Was watching women's moguls, there are style points, not just the time to get to the bottom.

- OS

[quote name="Moped" post="1108462" timestamp="1391980656"]Early on Duller for the USA is in 2nd.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk[/quote] Yep now she's been bumped to at least third. I don't think I've ever watched the biathlon before, those straight pull bolt actions are nifty! Edited by KKing

Some of the skiing have judges for subjective scoring. Was watching women's moguls, there are style points, not just the time to get to the bottom.

- OS

I saw that too. Should just put them side by side and race and say everyone has to do back flips on the jumps. 1st to bottom wins. Did i mention I hate judges?

I wonder if anyone actually said this...

I have a great idea.  Let's have the Olympics in a third world country, like say, Russia.  What could possibly go wrong?

Well, except for various crummy accommodations, apparently so far so good there.

- OS