19,000 rounds... Makes me want a bullet feeder. Who has one?

I haven't spent a ton of time looking but I wasn't able to find "factory" bullet feeders for the 650. There's a guy out there that has an awesome design but I don't know if he sells them or just made them for himself, i'll see if I can find the 3D cad type video of the thing working and post it. 

EDIT.. The guy i'm referring to only made the die that places the bullet. There were a few options as far as the hopper part is concerned.

Edited by Luke E.

I have the rcbs bullet feeder on my 650 (9, 40 and 45). It works well with plated and jacketed bullets (most of the time after a learning curve). lead and molly coated bullets it does not work well with ( it will just drop a lot of bullets al at once).

The week part of the system is the die that drops the bullet, it has a plastic cylinder with some fingers with rubber band that the bellowed case make bullet release. These rubber bands are like orthodontics type rubber bands (real little). If you double the rubber band and do not leave bullets in this die over night, it seems to work well. When you leave bullets in it for a period of time it will just drop every bullet in the tube all at once.

I have bought one of the horandy dies to try incorporate into the system to make work better with moly coated bullets, but have not ever tried at this point ( my interest right now is rifle, which I do not use the 650 for except for when loading for ar type)

Hope this helps.

Allen

thats exactly what i was looking for as to a response.

I've heard of people converting the RCBS and hornady feeders but wasn't sure on real world opinion. not just some nut on youtube. 

Glad to know the RCBS is finicky like that. So i'll stay away from that one. Id rather get something that is very reliable and spend a little extra money. 

that being said, Mr bullet feeders are nice, but very expensive for conversions per caliber. 

You dudes have it made! I got my first press and it isn't anything special. Just a single stage RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Single Stage Press Kit.

937051.jpg

https://shop.rcbs.com/WebConnect/MainServlet?storeId=webconnect&catalogId=webconnect&langId=en_US&action=ProductDisplay&screenlabel=index&productId=6317&route=C04J148

I have plans to get a Dillon 650, but my current residence can't fit a setup like that right now because of lack of space (no man cave, yet).