A Special Appeal for a Fallen Officer

gun sane

I received a request to post this from a close friend who works with the brother-in-law of this murdered Bardstown, KY, peace officer. He was ambushed one night after finishing his shift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGRj8fR75JQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoZj0mdN6E4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k82gMEWK0eg

The complete interactive article, titled The Mystery on Exit 34: What Really Happened to Jason Ellis?,
includes video, pictures and sound, and is optimized for Chrome, Firefox and Safari: http://media2.wcpo.com/html/exit34/

This is a very interesting website about the last hours of the Officers life.
Over 8 months and no one in custody; sounds like it may have been a random killing. What a waste.
Guest TresOsos

This is a very interesting website about the last hours of the Officers life.
Over 8 months and no one in custody; sounds like it may have been a random killing. What a waste.

Sounds more like a planned revenge killing by someone who knows how to keep his yap shut.

Prayers for the officers family first off.  It sounds like a revenge deal more than just a random will shoot anyone deal. The officer probably took the same route home every night after his shift and they could plan it for just the right time to put down the brush just before he arrived. Could have been more than one involved. One waiting for him to show up coming down the road with cell phone to tell the other to place the brush in the road just before the officer arrived. Not enough information. Didn't say if he was shot with rifle or hand gun. Could have been 3 involved for that fact..............jmho

He was a cop.  You don't think he pissed off criminals at some point? 

Sure. I'd also be surprised if he didn't get a little stray along the way as well. It was just a guess. I don't know anything at all about the situation.

Edited by gregintenn

Sure. I'd also be surprised if he didn't get a little stray along the way as well. It was just a guess. I don't know anything at all about the situation.

I assume you meant "strange" versus "stray"?

My dad was a cop for 35 years. He's been with my mom for much longer. If someone killed him while on duty the first assumption would not be that he was f**king someone's wife. It would be that one of the thousands of criminals who want him dead made good on the promise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You stand just as good a chance of being right as I do. It could have also just been random. I'm not accusing your father of infidelity, but I doubt you can deny that it is quite common in that profession.

Is it? I grew up around cops. Many of my family members are cops. What makes infidelity common? The fact they have authority and may come into contact with females?

Infidelity is almost 50% amongst married folks. Explain to me why cops are more likely than others to be gunned down by a jealous spouse.

You stand just as good a chance of being right as I do. It could have also just been random. I'm not accusing your father of infidelity, but I doubt you can deny that it is quite common in that profession.

It's common in any profession.  Without the slightest shred of evidence or hearsay, you go straight to saying he was committing adultery?  Lame, lame, lame.  That's like saying someone vandalized your car last night....you must be screwing around.

• Like 1

It's common in any profession. Without the slightest shred of evidence or hearsay, you go straight to saying he was committing adultery? Lame, lame, lame. That's like saying someone vandalized your car last night....you must be screwing around.

Right? I was in the army. I figured I was the authority on infidelity. I've seen stuff I still can't process. I've been offered sexual gratification for less than a Subway sandwich combo on more than a few continents. Apparently cops get more ass than a PA's finger on abn physical day

Anyone who doesn't believe in evil is not paying attention as situations like this proves beyond any doubt that evil and evil people exist.

I'm not going to sully this officer's reputation by speculating based on absolutely nothing...why would anyone jump to "jealous husband" as a basis for this officer's death??? :shrug:

RIP to this fallen officer and prayers and condolences to his family.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1
This was posted at the request of a close friend of the Officers family. So I assume they may come here and read the comments.

I would like to apologize to the family and friends of Officer Ellis. Most of the people on this forum are not like the hate you see posted here and are disgusted by it. It is being posted by someone that takes every opportunity to openly post his hatred for cops. I am sorry you had to see this; it does not represent this forum or most of the gun community I know.
  • Like 1

Right? I was in the army. I figured I was the authority on infidelity. I've seen stuff I still can't process. I've been offered sexual gratification for less than a Subway sandwich combo on more than a few continents. Apparently cops get more ass than a PA's finger on abn physical day

That last sentence is going to be my new sig line. Edited by Pain103