Tavor time

willis68

Guest earlybird

I do love me a Tavor, will be my next 5.56 rifle. My LGS has one on the shelf and it has been slooooooowly coming down in price over the last few months. I have to keep reminding myself to pay off the Mini Cooper first. If the trigger is that bad, and they wouldn't let me play with it, may have to get a good trigger set up first, then the rifle. 

Have you changed the barrel on yours I have read it takes a while to convert them?

I haven't changed it, but I have removed/replaced it to paint my stock.  It's really easy, just simple hand tools, except for the barrel wrench, which could be improvised out of an allen wrench or big flathead screwdriver if you don't want to buy one (they're only like 15 bucks, but can be hard to find sometimes). 

The 9mm conversion is (I'm assuming, I've never done it), more involved, because there are more parts involved (magazine block, bolt, etc) but the .300BLK should just be a barrel swap.

Edited by dcloudy777
  • Like 1
When the 300 blackout barrel comes out I may only use it, want to use the Tavor to hunt some hog and that would be an even more effective round for that purpose if ammo prices will ever come down Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love the TMF, and removing the spring DOES make a noticeable difference in trigger pull (although still not great).  The last pic shows a length comparison (with suppressor attached) to a 14.5" AR. :)

[URL=http://s101.photobucket.com/user/bsimpson23/media/DSCN4030_zps0b3acf05.jpg.html]DSCN4030_zps0b3acf05.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s101.photobucket.com/user/bsimpson23/media/DSCN4039_zpsb94f80bf.jpg.html]DSCN4039_zpsb94f80bf.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s101.photobucket.com/user/bsimpson23/media/DSCN4050_zpsf9bd348b.jpg.html]DSCN4050_zpsf9bd348b.jpg[/URL]

That rifles with Gearheads TMF is actually my rifle. Lol
Paul is an awesome person. Very down to Earth.
The rifle is very easy to breakdown. I've got mine all apart as I type this.

Your rifle is awesome, and is what made me want a TMF, I am heading back to the USA today and will meet with Paul next week,
[quote name="Troutburger" post="1123605" timestamp="1394646743"]Is anybody actually getting good accuracy out of their Tavors? I keep seeing a bunch of 3-4" 50yd groups posted online. [/quote] I suppose it depends on how you are resting the rifle - i can shoot 5" groups at 100yds with an improvised rest from a range bag - is that good? For me, i'm happy. I've never been into the lead sled thing. Could it be better with sandbagged rest? Sure.
  • Admin Team

I love the TMF, and removing the spring DOES make a noticeable difference in trigger pull (although still not great).  The last pic shows a length comparison (with suppressor attached) to a 14.5" AR. :)

DSCN4030_zps0b3acf05.jpg

DSCN4039_zpsb94f80bf.jpg

DSCN4050_zpsf9bd348b.jpg

I always love seeing your pictures...you've sure got some sexy kit!

• 2 months later...

In case everyone hasn't seen the 3rd hammer pack manufacturer out there, check out Shooting Sight. They were the first to start developing a Tavor trigger when bullpup owners asked for one. Timney and Geissele said no when Tavor owners asked for them. At least until they realized that bullpup owners actually do exist.

I have felt the Geissele and Shooting Sight hammer pack at SHOT. I preferred the Shooting Sight. I did not feel the Timney.