Rimfire Section

Anyone given thought to creating a rimfire section here on TGO? Lots of folks shoot rimfire I think they/we would enjoy having a section dedicated solely to rimfire. Not sure if this is the correct place to post. If not, move it or let me know. 

Edited by DangerDanJD

OS,
Didn't you post you had 1000000 rounds :).

I like the idea and would post in that forum about improvements I made to my Ruger 22/45's and the SIG 1911 22.

Yeah, but there ain't enough with that kind of stash to support a separate forum. ;)

Actually, I like the idea fine also; I have various .22LR rifles and handguns and do indeed think of rimfire as a distinctly separate genre of gundom.

On the other hand, the long gun and handgun forums aren't really overwhelmed seems, and I'm sure there would still be plenty of scattered postings outside a rimfire section.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I would be in for a Rimfire section.  I am really into 22's more than anything and spend a lot of time of various aspects of them.  I would think there would be as much interest in a separate Rimfire section as there is Black Powder.

• Like 1

Definitely not something that is necessary, but I think it would be well received and rimfire section might be a particularly suited to new shooters.  

I've got more rimfire guns than anything. I'd be into it, I don't guess we really need it, but it would be handy.

• Administrator

My general rule of thumb is that we add new forums cautiously and only after so much traffic for a particular topic has sprung up in existing forums that more or less cater to it.  We've actually got too many forums now, IMO, and some of them are due to things that we saw as being an emerging need that subsequently petered out.

Guest TankerHC
I would like to see a rimfire if there were postal matches set at. 22 F Class Standards for bragging rights. Would be very interesting. Not everyone has a 2000 dollar long range rifle but lots and lots of people have. 22s. But then there is that ammo thing at the moment.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I would like to see a rimfire if there were postal matches set at. 22 F Class Standards for bragging rights. Would be very interesting. Not everyone has a 2000 dollar long range rifle but lots and lots of people have. 22s. But then there is that ammo thing at the moment.
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I like the sound of that. We could still do it and just post in long guns.
[quote name="TankerHC" post="1113462" timestamp="1392843278"]I would like to see a rimfire if there were postal matches set at. 22 F Class Standards for bragging rights. Would be very interesting. Not everyone has a 2000 dollar long range rifle but lots and lots of people have. 22s. But then there is that ammo thing at the moment. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2[/quote] I like it