I'm addicted to reality tv

A.J. Holst

"Prospectors" which airs on the weather channel absorbed 6 hours of my day today. I caught it surfing a few weeks ago and enjoyed the few subsequent episodes i saw. When I saw the behind the scenes episode, I was sold. Today was a marathon and I tried to keep up.

The non reality is the hundreds of hours of prospecting (looking) vs. the 60 minutes of mining. Kudos to the producers for great editing to keep the interest of the audience

I used to like watching some of the more educational-oriented reality shows... ala the ones on Discovery or History... that is until I wisened up and realized how much scripted, contrived horsepuckey gets shoved down our throats. Now I can't stand any of them. All the fake, attention-grabbing fights and pranks and swearing matches and all this other crap drives me nuts...

I hardly even watch TV anymore now. If it weren't for Fox and a few choice programs, I'd love to get rid of it...

• Like 1

Well as scripted as they may be I still enjoy Deadliest Catch and Gold Miners and Alaska , the last Frontier and Yukon Men and a few others. I know they are scripted but they are still a lot better than watching to 87th rerun of Iron Man or 105th re run of Transformers and most other movies they are showing now over and over and over again..............jmho  

I lost my office when my daughter was born, so i moved my PC into the dining room. My wife watches reality TV almost exclusively.. i know everything there is to know (by proxy) about the kardashians, the housewives, big brothers, you name it. I've almost forgotten what the mythbusters look like!!!!!!!!!!!!

on that note, anyone got a spare bedroom for rent?

I no longer have cable or satellite and that makes it a lot easier to avoid.

What I can't figure out is how the same people that call wrestling fake turn right around and tell me how real the duck clan is.

Both are soap operas !!! Lol