PMAG Mounting Solution

GlockSpock

• Moderators

On the drive back from work, though, it got me to thinking about a better way to do it. What would be really neat is if they made a version only compatible with PMAG's. Instead of the "side clips" like they are using in the shown photos they would use a "PMAG Cover" that essentially is a PMAG Dust Cover integrated into their 6 PMAG Mounting Bracket. To get your magazine you would simply pull on it. When you do this, the "dust cover" (remember, it's essentially molded into the bracket) disconnects and you have a ready to use PMAG. This would have all the benefits of using the dust covers with all the benefits of having them "ready to go" outside of their dust cover.

I like the dustcover idea! Make a rail with the dustcovers mounted perpendicularly and you now have a compact solution that can also be permanently mounted somewhere... maybe the passenger side footwell of your Humvee... ya know... in case the zombies attack on your way home from work!

The $150-$200 or so it would cost me to secure my mags would go a ways toward refilling them after a range trip...

Just sayin.

That's my thought as well. I like the idea. It's a neat gadget. But I have loaded mags in an ammo can, ready for range or bugout. Also stacked on a shelf in in a hazmat cabinet.
  • Like 2

That's my thought as well. I like the idea. It's a neat gadget. But I have loaded mags in an ammo can, ready for range or bugout. Also stacked on a shelf in in a hazmat cabinet.

I've got them all over the damn place. I bought a few pmags before Christmas and just found them in a closet last week. :rolleyes:

I keep most of them loaded in a duffle bag in a locker. One or two with the rifle and even when I think I've got all the empties rounded up in a drawer they end up popping up on book shelves, other drawers or boxes etc. I went on a magazine spree last year and bought every reasonably priced magazine I could, one at a time or in the biggest lots I could afford/find. Keep in mind I wasn't reselling and didn't have many to begin with.

I think in finally set on them... For a while.

"I think I'm finally set on them...For a while."

Sure. We believe that.

I don't know how many I have for sure. I bought a half case back in Dec 2012, then like you,  when I found some at 10 apiece, I bought some more. Then took advantage of PSA's deal last fall. 

I'm just glad I bought that  Hazardous Materials cabinet when I found it. That's been a great locking storage unit for me. The sucker weighs in at 250 lbs, and I have it bolted to a studwall, and loaded up with tools, ammo and other goodies.