Has anyone done business with Nashville Safe House?

Hey, guys. I have a large safe picked out (my 2nd and last!), and Nashville Safe House on 4th Ave South is the only dealer in the area for this particular safe. I'd like to get some feedback from anyone who's done business with them. How were you treated, delivery satisfaction, etc? If their rate isn't exorbitant I will have them deliver it.

I've visited the store once and had one phone conversation, but I don't think I've been talking to a shot caller. It's always, "let me check," "let me go ask'" etc. Has anyone had any luck negotiating on sale price? I'm not a big haggler, but if I can save a couple hundred dollars on a purchase this big, it will certainly help.

Thanks for the input!

I've done a trade deal with them; used safe for better used safe + cash.  And I was very pleased.

I brought mine in, easily enough, and loaded my 'new to me' safe and managed it with a couple of guys and an appliance dolly.  As you might imagine, both safes were not that large, so I can't speak to their delivery or fee.

But any time I talked with them it was always a good experience. I'll go to them when I buy my 3rd and last.

They seem to be nice folks, but I was turned off at the high delivery fees. I ended up buying elsewhere and getting free delivery to my door.

I don't have any personal experience with them, but this is exactly what a close friend had to say about them. He also was able to get a better deal on the same safe when taking into consideration the free delivery.

Edited by TripleDigitRide

I have one of their products at my house, priced very fair, delivered and set in place.

When the owner comes out to help, ya know you have a great company to deal with.

You cant go wrong with the Safe House!

I purchased a Browning ProSteel from them. Quite happy with the safe. I did pay for a delivery and setup. I was not about to spend 6 months in traction to move this thing myself.

Yes, I could have gotten it a little cheaper, but it was worth having it delivered and placed where I wanted it, on my schedule.

I have bought two safes from the guys at the safe house, couldn't be happier !  Checked out just about every place in town and even one out of town and they had the best selection and brands in the area.  the deliver fee's were not unreasonable and their delivery crew was top notch and made it all look easy.  These guy carried an 1100 pound safe up my 15 steps , not a scratch on anything.   I ahd a neighbor get a safe from a local company and they had so called "free delivery" and he paid more for the safe and the delivery guys look like they were on work release from the county jail.  Told him to get the safe house to come out and change his combo just in case.    make sure you get a bigger safe is something I woudl suggest

I purchased at the Knoxville location.  Mike was extremely helpful and gave me a great deal.  He even sold my old safe for me.  I did not have them deliver, but Mike loaded it into my truck with the help of a forklift. I can't recommend these guys enough.  I am very satisfied.

Someone else said it already and I'll say it again.  Get one twice as big as you think you need.  You won't regret getting a big safe but you WILL regret getting one too small.

What he said...then go larger. We kid you not. You will fill it. Sooner or later.

And it's far easier to live with a safe that's too big than one that's too small.

Take my word for it. I know.
  • 2 weeks later...

dunno about how "fair" their delivery fees might be, but I will say that moving a safe is not trivial esp a big one.    Moving the one I inherited, just across town, cost me as much as a new cheap safe would have, and that was after weeks of trying to find someone who would do it (oddly a lot of safe vendors only move/deliver purchases, and won't just move one even for a fee). 

Of course get the best bottom line price you can,  but the process of moving a large, heavy object is not a cheap one. 

[quote name="TerryW" post="1118772" timestamp="1393734620"]Someone else said it already and I'll say it again. [u]Get one twice as big as you think you need.[/u] You won't regret getting a big safe but you WILL regret getting one too small. [/quote] I've researched and studied safes in depth for over 20 years. I have purchased, delivered, installed, customized, upgraded, and repaired dozens of safes. I have seen, used, and worked on nearly every major brand and some cheap brands too. I'd highly recommend getting several medium size safes instead of one really big one. Easier to locate and move, would take a thief double or triple the time to mess with them, and allows you to spread the collection out in different areas to maximize security and convenience. Any safe which weighs at least 400-600 lbs empty will weigh closer to 600-800 lbs when full, maybe even over 1000 lbs if you upgrade the fire lining which is easy / cheap to do and highly advised for valuable collections. Not something your average uneducated burglar is going to move anywhere too easily, even with a helper. There are also many ways of securing safes as well, to ensure they are not just carried away. It's often cheaper and better to get a medium safe from an average maker and upgrade it than to spend twice or even triple the amount for a single big safe from a high priced brand.

I've researched and studied safes in depth for over 20 years. I have purchased, delivered, installed, customized, upgraded, and repaired dozens of safes. I have seen, used, and worked on nearly every major brand and some cheap brands too. I'd highly recommend getting several medium size safes instead of one really big one. Easier to locate and move, would take a thief double or triple the time to mess with them, and allows you to spread the collection out in different areas to maximize security and convenience. Any safe which weighs at least 400-600 lbs empty will weigh closer to 600-800 lbs when full, maybe even over 1000 lbs if you upgrade the fire lining which is easy / cheap to do and highly advised for valuable collections. Not something your average uneducated burglar is going to move anywhere too easily, even with a helper. There are also many ways of securing safes as well, to ensure they are not just carried away. It's often cheaper and better to get a medium safe from an average maker and upgrade it than to spend twice or even triple the amount for a single big safe from a high priced brand.

Good point, and very well said, wileecoyote.

I've been refurbishing a safe that was in about 30" of water during some past flooding. It was somewhat of a pain stripping out all the old lining, but I'll finish it eventually and do it to suit my needs this time around.

when i got my safe i called them to check to see what they had and their prices.   but i went with parker's safe and vaults. parker's is a vendor here on the site.  hands down he is the best to work with.  when i got my safe i looked and shopped for several months to get the best deal/price for the safe that i wanted.  i looked at friends safes, looked at the box stores, and internet sites.  by the time i was ready to buy i knew what i wanted by size and fire rating.  i had it down to two or three brands that fit what i wanted. remember to go bigger than what you think you need and get the highest fire rating you can.  then i started calling around to different safe dealers in and out of state.  the only person that talked to me like he cared was aaron parker.  aaron parker answered all my questions by phone when others did not have the time and all they could say was to come to their store.  if a business can not spend five minutes or more on a phone with me, then they don't need my money.  i did the deal over the phone with him, sight unseen.  aaron showed up with everything needed to install the safe right the first time.  fast and easy and his install price was the lowest.  his safe prices were the lowest also.  do your home work on the safe before you shop.  know what you want and what you can spend.  a good safe is not cheap, several thousands dollars for a safe with a high fire rating.  when you know what safe you want and how much you can spend then compare the price against parker's.  there are lots of internet safe sites with low prices, but when it comes down to it all it is service after the sale if anything goes wrong.  also i asked aaron if i moved would he come out and move the safe for me and he stated that he does move safes for a low fee.  

• Like 3