Shot over a cane...

Well after reading the article I think there is one major issue that must be handled imediately. I think the police officer should be required to go have his eyes tested. He could not tell the difference between a cane and a gun and he fire 3 or 4 shots and only hit the target 1 time. I am assuming it was a regular normal traffic stop putting the police car with in 20 feet of the stopped vehicle. That is not a very good batting average on judgement or shooting. In this case I am glad the officer was a bad shot because at least the man has a chance to pull through and a chance to sue for being shot over his walking cane..........................jmho

I will play the other side of this, from LEOs point of view.

No I am not a LEO, however, they are trained to "look" for trouble.

You see a person reach into somewhere you can not see and pull

out something that looks like a firearm, LEO are trained to protect themselves.

No a cane does not look like a rifle, but in less than a few seconds he had to

make a choice, this time he made the wrong one.

I would like to see the dash cam tape and see how long he had to decide.

I'm with REDD on this. I'd like to see the Officer's response time on his decision. Maybe the officer also has knowledge that there are such things as "cane guns". However, I don't think that to be the case. He made a bad decision here.

Dave

I want to see the dash cam video and here the exchange that took place. I want to see the cane.

Was this a case of the guy getting out on a traffic stop and grabbing his cane to walk, or was this a case of a pizzed of motorist grabbing a weapon from the back of his trunk and then calling it a cane?

“The situation is very unfortunate,” Faris said, reading from a statement at a news conference. “It does appear, at this time, that Deputy Knox’s actions were an appropriate response to what he reasonably believed to be an imminent threat to his life.”

If that is not obvious; it needs to be answered by a jury.

Locking this down.

Ok guys. I let one LE bashing thread slide a week ago and now the flood gates open again. This is the third one in a day that

It appears the OPs sole intent is to show LE in a bad light which I will not allow. Head on over to copblock.org and post it there.

Second, it doesn't involve Tennessee or at least have a tangential connection to the firearms community. It is nothing more than a "hey look at this bad cop" post.

• Like 4