Another Police Impersonator Makes Traffic Stop

TMF

This is the third one we've had in Clarksville in recent history. Definitely pay attention, and tell your ladies to pay attention, especially at night. One can imagine how this would have gone if the person who was pulled over was a young woman who was ignorant of the indicators that this guy was a phony.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20140227/NEWS01/302270022/Fort-Campbell-M-P-charged-impersonation-after-fake-traffic-stop-Clarksville

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the third one we've had in Clarksville in recent history. Definitely pay attention, and tell your ladies to pay attention, especially at night. One can imagine how this would have gone if the person who was pulled over was a young woman who was ignorant of the indicators that this guy was a phony.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20140227/NEWS01/302270022/Fort-Campbell-M-P-charged-impersonation-after-fake-traffic-stop-Clarksville

This was my concern when that dude got caught at 9:20pm in the library parking lot. My red flags went off with that dude! Home invasion came to mind with that dude!

Dave

Makes you wonder what folks like these have on their mind when they do this. Is it just playing pretend, or are they waiting for the right opportunity to commit robbery or rape, or attempt to gain sexual favors for letting a girl off on a warning. It just so happens that the last two people in Clarksville that reported these incidents were people who knew it didn't smell right. Chances are these punks have done this before with people that didnt know any better.

• Like 1

This seems like it could be a no-win situation to me.

Calling 9-1-1 is good advice but given the way I've seen a lot of police act recently if it's a real cop and he orders you out of your vehicle and you don't comply he may well bust out your side window, pull you out of your vehicle by force and then taze youwhile you are trying to call 9-1-1 to verify that you are dealing with a real cop.

• Like 2
Guest Bonedaddy

When I was a young teenager, a classmate's little brother was one of the bravest little thieves I ever saw. We'd be hangin' out on the side of the local store and when a police car would roll up and they went in for smokes or what have ya, this little bastard would jump in their car and steal a radio or worse before they came back out. Roll on to some years, later. Another person we knew by the name of Lisa Goforth (I think I remembered her last name right) came up missing. Some time later, they caught Robert (Richards) impersonating a police officer and he had been pulling people over but his last attempt didn't work out and he was nabbed. After an investigation, they charged and convicted him of murder in Lisa's disappearance, though they never found her body, even after several searches that he led them on. He was that messed up in the head, yet real good at foolin' ya, too. Last I heard, he was in, I think, Dyer county lockup and was stabbed to death by another inmate there, several years ago. Why he was there, I'm not sure. May have been movin' him to someplace else, at the time. So noooooo. Don't stop just because. Find lights and witnesses, if at all possible. They have to allow you that much.

Edited by Bonedaddy

I hope they prosecute this guy so hard that his head spins, and then tie him to a pole in town square for everyone to see. They need to make an *example* out of this guy, to warn others what happens when someone abuses their power.

He didn’t abuse his power; he didn’t have any power to abuse.
Something is not right mentally with this guy. I bet he gets a general discharge and that’s the end of it.

• Like 1