NEW LETTERS FROM STATE OF CT. TO GUN OWNERS.

So one should base his desire for constitutional authority and action on his economic standing? Oh, okay.

Sorry, but that is about as lame as can be. I hope that isn't what some of you are meaning.

I think you misunderstand; at least you misunderstand me.

I don't think anyone and I know I'm not saying that our desire for and action regarding constitutional authority should be based on our personal economic situation.  There is, however, an economic reality here and that's all I'm trying to point out.

Before you or I or anyone decides to pledge our lives, our fortunes or our sacred honor on a course of action we (and anyone who depends on us financially such as our spouses and children) had better count that economic cost and be truly sure we are doing the right thing.. 

• Like 2
Guest 6.8 AR
Why I asked that was not for any casual scrap, but for when you
are back against the wall and haven't realized it, yet. Your family's
survival would be a reason to engage. I'm not trying to propose
anything more. It appears too many are not thinking something
like that could happen. If it ever got to the point that the state went
for passing and enforcing my right to own and came looking for
me to hand it over it would be pointed the correct way. None of
those laws are valid and the latest round in CT would make me
do something I would consider worth the resistance.

Each family must decide where the line is drawn and how they will act. 

Every member must understand the possible consequences, should it come to that.

At that point, the possible losses resulting from both action and inaction are great.

Pray it will never come to that, but that is how you teach children exactly what responsibility is.  Is it right to teach your children to comply with every whim of authority?  Is it right to teach them to "...Crouch down and lick the hands which feed..." them?

If they will take your guns, next they take your God/personal belief system.  That is a historical fact.

“It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.”
― Samuel Adams

Edited by sigmtnman
  • Like 3
Guest 6.8 AR

I can promise anyone right now that, if that day ever comes, it will take more than just the ex-military and the however many

active military and police to defend from the kind of action that is slowly working its way toward us. And, if one doesn't realize

the threat they are blind, and they haven't read much history.

An aside, but there is a pretty decent mini-series I am watching on Netflix from PBS of all places. Made in Britain of all places,

and it is about Big Brother. Worth watching. It's called "Last Enemy". Funny thing about it is that if you live in England you are

already being looked at with a microscope. It's really too late over there and they put a show like this out.

So one should base his desire for constitutional authority and action on his economic standing? Oh, okay.

Sorry, but that is about as lame as can be. I hope that isn't what some of you are meaning.

Unfortunately it is often the way of the world. A lot of people in Massachusetts thought that Ted Kennedy was a big fat drunken corrupt bastard, but they still voted for him because their jobs depended on it. 

Pray it will never come to that, but that is how you teach children exactly what responsibility is.

Teaching responsibility is not turning your back on your country by threatening to kill Americans because you don’t get your way. We have process in place.

Is it right to teach them to "...Crouch down and lick the hands which feed..." them?

Not hardly, teach them that when cowards threaten to kill you because they don’t agree with what is going on; take them out with extreme prejudice. That is how you deal with terrorists.
Guest semiautots

Teaching responsibility is not turning your back on your country by threatening to kill Americans because you don’t get your way. We have process in place.

Not hardly, teach them that when cowards threaten to kill you because they don’t agree with what is going on; take them out with extreme prejudice. That is how you deal with terrorists.

Homeland Security is correct.  Those yearning for freedom are terrorists. 

Say the Supreme Court decides that government can dictate as to what type of guns you can own and empowers the government to remove the ones you can't own, a la Feinstein 1994?

How's that process working for you then?

Imagine Hillary winning in 2016 and replacing Scalia and Thomas with another Brenner or two.  That's how close we are to tyranny.  Better to plan and prepare, than castigate those that might choose the freedom of confrontation over the servitude of compliance.

Edited by semiautots

Context is everything, Dave.  You continue to misconstrue most everything that people say.

• Like 1

It I might add...when I was speaking about debt, jobs, etc. I was doing so within the overall framework of participating in "protests"; not just this one issue or just the issue of "resisting" tyranny (in the form of gun confiscation).

The point I was trying to make is that there are lots of issues and lots of protests, gatherings, etc that I would love to participate in (there is one this coming week at the legislature on a Tuesday at noon) that is difficult if not impossible to attend because...well...because I work for a living and my employer expected me to be here!

I hope that clears up where I was coming from.

Guest 6.8 AR

But Robert, I was talking about the time that you lose all your rights and become a puppet, or slave, and didn't take the time to

think about the trap you fell into. How about those Jews in that Alley in Germany? I wonder why they fought back? There are other

examples of people fighting back against tyranny. One even in Tennessee, years ago.

In a perfect world, one shouldn't have to think about such things, but we live in one far from perfect. Utopia only exists in books

and dreams. Man, once corrupted, becomes the seeker of that absolute power a famous person wrote about. That corrupted

man needs to be sought out and broken.

...One even in Tennessee, years ago.

You talking about folks throwing rocks at the capital over the possible state income tax (IIRC)?

ETA...

Nah, you are talking about the Battle of Athens, right?

Edited by sigmtnman

Yeh, Athens.

The Battle of Athens, Tennessee, 1946.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)

The Hallmark Hall of Fame movie "An American Story" describes the battle, though it resets the locale into Texas, for whatever reason. It's a pretty good movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103673/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/american_story/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T9tUQxsrQGw

http://www.amazon.com/An-American-Story-Brad-Johnson/dp/B0002QG98E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394300462&sr=8-1&keywords=AN+AMERICAN+STORY

Edited by QuietDan
  • Like 1

A very good read. Loved it!

At the bottom of the website, it says: "This site is a satire of the current state of Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting and Emergency Medical work. Stories posted here are not real and you should not assume them to have any basis in any real fact."

If it's not true, it ought to be.

Edited by QuietDan
  • Like 1

A very good read. Loved it!

At the bottom of the website, it says: "This site is a satire of the current state of Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting and Emergency Medical work. Stories posted here are not real and you should not assume them to have any basis in any real fact."

If it's not true, it ought to be.

I do expect CT is going to have a problem as I suspect that many of their LEOs do own weapons they must now register and/or are as pro-2A as anyone else! :)

• Like 1

All of these satire sites are getting old.  The onion is the only one that does it right...

I know it. My wife just told me the story that's circulating about 72 being killed up there. I had to do some research to see if it was satire. Got my heart thumping for a minute. Getting tired of the satire stuff
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest TankerHC

Satire is not just "making #### up" as some of these sites seem to think. There needs to be irony, humor and a little bit of a wink that it's not actual truth that's being portrayed.

1000% right. I have to admit I'm getting tired of being taken as well as friends and family. They send a link. It's a new site. No humor and looks completely real with a plausible story that links to real stories as a leadup. It's definitely intentional but they are becoming so prevalent I'm beginning to wonder who is behind some of these sites.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2