IDPA classifer match at Gallatin Gun Club

Gallatin gun will host an IDPA classifer match on March 8th. 90 rounds min, bring 120. Match fees are $15 for non-members and $10 for members. each additional gun is $10. We will try to start at 9:15AM for this match. Watch out for construction equipment moving around the area. With any luck, we will have an ice storm and Mark will be happy again. :rofl:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See ya there.....I need to hurry up and make master so I dont have to shoot these stupid things every year LOL

I HATE classifiers !!!! So that makes the two of us....... Oh yea it's IDPA this weekend so slowwwwww down, USPSA is next weekend !!!
So I've never shot an IDPA match, but am considering it tomorrow. Been all over the web looking and reading about the COF and all the details. Any one able to ball park what time the match would end? I have afternoon plans but would love to come out and give it a go!

So I've never shot an IDPA match, but am considering it tomorrow. Been all over the web looking and reading about the COF and all the details. Any one able to ball park what time the match would end? I have afternoon plans but would love to come out and give it a go!

I would say by 12:30 or 1:00.
The classifier is a skills drill and is nothing like the regular matches. It is still pretty fun and you get to draw and shoot 13 times(once from low ready). Moving forward and backward, low cover, turning and shooting and the dreaded head shots. 90 shots total but bring extra for re-shoots or malfunctions.

It was fun even if it was a classifier.  Shooting with Chip is always a lot of fun. In SSR I shot a 102.07 so since they changed the times on the classifier it looks like I missed Master by .07 and in SSP I shot a 109.87  now all this is by my cyphering so things are subject to change LOL

...... With any luck, we will have an ice storm and Mark will be happy again. :rofl:

Well Dang It!

The first "non-adverse weather event" classifer that Robert has ever had at the GGC and I'm at the house dealing with a contractor.   

But keeping the Delightful & Wonderful Mrs. Kari (She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed) happy with home renovations and updates was most likely far more productive.  The idea of achieving a higher classification is now just a distance want and desire since the Older I Get the Faster I Was.......   

It was fun even if it was a classifier.  Shooting with Chip is always a lot of fun. In SSR I shot a 102.07 so since they changed the times on the classifier it looks like I missed Master by .07 and in SSP I shot a 109.87  now all this is by my cyphering so things are subject to change LOL

I read that and cursed!

Ended up running everyone today so I didnt do as well. I shot a 103.xx  when I heard the 103 I knew I didnt make it I had more pd on stage 3 today then I had in the whole match yesterday. Oh well maybe next time.

I enjoyed the shoot Saturday. Definitely had no idea on the scoring though as it was my first time. All I knew is it was timed and I needed to put rounds on target. Now that I know the details, I'm going to slow down just a bit and focus on quality hits. Was definitely surprised and happy with myself to see where I finished for my first run ever.