HCP renewal

I just received my renewal for my HCP and it says I can renew by mail or go to the nearest Drivers license Center and renew it. I would like to hear opinions on which way folks have renewed theirs and which way they find to be the easiest. I have a Drivers License Testing Center  3 miles from my house that during the week is fairly slow traffic wise. It is my first renewal process so opinions would be nice to have. Thanks in advance.

I renewed it at the office and it went smooth.  I got their early and was 2nd in line.  Even with the fact that mine was the first renewal that particular clerk processed and she had to ask a coworker a few questions, it took maybe 15 minutes.  I got it back in a few weeks. 

Mail worked great for me. Just make sure you don't make any mistakes on the application.

yea, I have already looked it over and it has changed a lot since the first time I applied. A lot more questions pertaining to mental capacity. I guess they are wanting to see if I am crazy or not. Not really any trick questions but need to read each one very carefully. Do you have to fill out this same form at the Drivers License center, I wonder. If so I will just fill this one out and take it with me.

I've used mail renewal for my last several. It has just been so much easier than the Testing Centers that have been anywhere close to me. Especially the Hart Lane Center. That's just asking to be there all day long. For years, and I do not exaggerate this, there is a line 10-25 deep waiting to get in there every morning.

This center stays packed. Seemingly no matter what time I drive by it; it always has a full parking lot.

I have used it twice and never gotten out in less than 3 hours.

I guess I will mail it in. Mine is good for 3 more months so I should not have a problem getting it back before mine expires. I will just date it as it is all I have left to do on the form and put a check in there.  I will go drop it off at post office tomorrow and pray they get it. Postal service has not been to good recently.............jmho

I also have one about 2 miles from my house and the day I went it wasn't crowded. I filled out the form, the nice lady checked it and I paid for it right there. She kept the form and said it may take up to 4 weeks.  It was in my mailbox in 10 days.

I also have one about 2 miles from my house and the day I went it wasn't crowded. I filled out the form, the nice lady checked it and I paid for it right there. She kept the form and said it may take up to 4 weeks.  It was in my mailbox in 10 days.

Is the form you filled out at DMV the same one they send you to mail in? If so I can just take the form I have filled out with me to DMV and give them the check.

I went to the DMV and for whatever reason they wanted a new photo. I guess the old one wasn't ugly enough,lmao.

However, after mailing in past renewals and it taking forever to get back to me this time I had it back in a week and a 1/2 . Blew my mind !

yea, I have already looked it over and it has changed a lot since the first time I applied. A lot more questions pertaining to mental capacity. I guess they are wanting to see if I am crazy or not. Not really any trick questions but need to read each one very carefully. Do you have to fill out this same form at the Drivers License center, I wonder. If so I will just fill this one out and take it with me.

Doug, I just got mine in the mail too.  I answered all the questions in third person.  I even used "we" in answering some questions.    :rofl:  :rock: 

Do they always take a new photo if you go to the DMV?

First new pic I've had in 16 years.HCP or DL either one. My latest renewal is the new style with the strip-UPC-code thing on the back of the card. That was the reason they gave me for the new pic.. Should have asked if it was ok to wear my berka and see what they said ,lmfao.

• Like 1