Malaysian Plane Missing After Take Off

[quote name="nightrunner" post="1132369" timestamp="1396282618"]Is duffelblog a spinoff of the Onion?[/quote] It's a parody site for military folks. Many of their stories would make little to no sense to civilians. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Guest TankerHC
Just heard on the radio Big important news briefing with important information any moment. Except they are still looking for it so I'm guessing they will add to the speculation.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
This was a headline I saw at lunch today. I don't like to laugh at this kind of stuff, but I couldn't help it.

Malaysia Airlines has 'work to do' fixing image: CEO

Ya think?

What really pizzes me off though is that there is a group of lawyers here trying to get the families of the victims to join a lawsuit against Boeing. They don’t even know if this plane crashed (although I’m sure it has), but they are jumping in early on the deep pockets. They are scum.
  • Like 1
I suspect a sub found it. But in order to protect the sub's capabilities, they've just told the surface ships where to look so they can "officially" find it. Keep in mind that they're looking in water roughly 12,000 ft deep.

I suspect a sub found it. But in order to protect the sub's capabilities, they've just told the surface ships where to look so they can "officially" find it. Keep in mind that they're looking in water roughly 12,000 ft deep.

Sounds like a job for Willis

A US submarine found the wreckage of a South African Airways plane downed in similar depth water in the Indian Ocean, several years

ago.

Not a manned one. Private company's ROV. Deepest ever recorder recovery, 16,000'.

edit: was the cockpit voice recorder, they didn't find the black box.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Boy, if we've actually got a an actual crewed sub like that, that would quite the secret. Seems pretty well known our nuke class subs have about half a mile crush depth.

Course, I guess "crewed" is debatable term and all, men have been to Challenger Deep twice.

But mainly, I can't believe they've actually found it with such a shot in the dark like this, without even one piece of debris found at all. The Chinese report of hearing black box ping 300 miles away from where they are now looking to reacquire the most recent one also seems to be bogus now. Or maybe they both are, who knows.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Boy, if we've actually got a an actual crewed sub like that, that would quite the secret. Seems pretty well known our nuke class subs have about half a mile crush depth.

Course, I guess "crewed" is debatable term and all, men have been to Challenger Deep twice.

But mainly, I can't believe they've actually found it with such a shot in the dark like this, without even one piece of debris found at all. The Chinese report of hearing black box ping 300 miles away from where they are now looking to reacquire the most recent one also seems to be bogus now. Or maybe they both are, who knows.

- OS

I didn't mean to imply that a military sub (LA or VA class, et al) itself could go that deep, it most certainly can't.  At least it won't come back up from that deep.  Most guesses are their test depth is in the 1500-1800 ft range, so crush depth may be 2500 ft. 

My assumption is they heard the pings with their passive sonar and possibly sent an ROV down to confirm.  It would be relatively easy to "see" what's down there by banging away with active sonar, but doing so would reveal capabilities we'd rather other folks didn't know. 

I didn't mean to imply that a military sub (LA or VA class, et al) itself could go that deep, it most certainly can't.  At least it won't come back up from that deep.  Most guesses are their test depth is in the 1500-1800 ft range, so crush depth may be 2500 ft. 

My assumption is they heard the pings with their passive sonar and possibly sent an ROV down to confirm.  It would be relatively easy to "see" what's down there by banging away with active sonar, but doing so would reveal capabilities we'd rather other folks didn't know. 

I don't believe anyone has found jack,  no reason to believe the 2 hour ping was valid either at this point IMHO.

But IF it's really in that area, I'd wager it's gonna take months to find it by sonar mapping. At the least.

- OS

the ping is coming from some smart ass banging a hammer on the bulkhead in the berthing area on ship.they figure if they start some crap they can stay in perth longer.

( Perth WA is a cool city for yanks) If true i wouldn't blame em......... PING PING 4 more posts and i think this beats the tgo gay bakery/ammo bitch thread!!! :usa:

Edited by Dustbuster

the ping is coming from some smart ass banging a hammer on the bulkhead in the berthing area on ship.they figure if they start some crap they can stay in perth longer.
( Perth WA is a cool city for yanks) If true i wouldn't blame em......... PING PING 4 more posts and i think this beats the tgo gay bakery/ammo bitch thread!!! :usa:

Word from Alex Jones is that it's actually Elvis presley floating out at sea in his trailer raising a false flag to distract us from the militarized industrial complex that is using this event for posturing in the deployment of mobile fema death camps that float and are patrolled by mraps
  • Like 2