Going through a major lifestyle change.

mav

Good for you. My brother quit dipping as well. Something that helped him was dipping beef jerky(I think). It was some kind of snack that comes in a dip can.

Anyways, if you get a craving you may want to consider that.

good luck!

Very good!! Keep it goin'.

In September, I will have stopped smoking for 39 years. Quit when I contracted some kind of crud and literally had to stop smoking in order to breath - just never took it back up after that.

Very good!! Keep it goin'.

In September, I will have stopped smoking for 39 years. Quit when I contracted some kind of crud and literally had to stop smoking in order to breath - just never took it back up after that.

Thats how I quit, got sick and couldn't for a while, Then when I got better I told myself heck you've made it this long why not quit. Thats been 33 yrs. ago now.

I smoked like a Feinstein for 35 years. Marlboro reds and camels. Doc told me he didn't want to hit my funeral and put me on chantix. 4 shootings 12 dead bodies 4 write ups and a month later I was off of em and never looked back. Devils poison hallelujah ...

Congrats you'll feel better clothes smell nice, toy money, no fighting over lighters lost matches, burning stuff up and you'll be w us for a bit longer!! Great job. It's a lifestyle change don't let anyone push u back!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

I dipped for 13 years and smoked off and on in that time, giving up dip was way harder than cigarettes.  Finally decided to quit on December 18th, 2013.  I had a dentist appointment that didn't go too well so I thought that maybe I should give quitting another shot.  Up to this point I had made up my mind that I was done trying to quit, I just enjoyed it to much.  Well a few days into trying to quit I went to work and a hygienically challenged co-worker was helping me with something, we were in close quarters and he breathed into my face with a mouth full of Grizzly wintergreen, which was my chew of choice.  I just about tossed my cookies right there and heaved several times that shift just thinking about it.  I've not dipped since.  Funny how after all of those years that is what broke me.  I did chew once but decided to cut that out before I formed another habit.  I do smoke a pipe from time to time.  (Thanks to inspiration from that TGO pipe smoking thread, lol.)  But I probably do that once per week or so.  Best wishes on you staying quit Mav.  

Good for everyone! I smoked for a while then switched to chew for a while. I always thought dipping was just plain gross... sucking on worm dirt...

Between the pictures in the dentist's office and just getting tired of it, I quit a long time ago. Quitting for me was no big deal, I'm glad I quit early. Now I can't stand the smell of cigarettes or chew, but I enjoy the smell of a pipe.
I was a pack a day kool super longs smoker. Quit July 3rd 1992, had oral surgery and the dr said don't smoke until your mouth stops bleeding. That was a Friday, Sunday I snuck out side and hot boxed me a kool. I was so drunk and screwed up my wife had to help me back into the house.

I through them down and never looked back.
  • Like 1

Keep strong brother. It is true it is much easier to pickup those habits than to quit them I smoked, dipped and chewed bacci. It has been several years since I smoked and probably 10 since I quit chewing and there are still some days it wouldn't take much to get me started back. I look at the prices today and don't know how anyone can afford them. I have definitely bought more guns and fishing stuff since I quit. Food tastes better, momma don't fuss at me burning all the money up. Life is Good!!

I just thought everything was gonna be downhill at this point.  Holy s*** was I ever wrong.  I was so lightheaded today and jones'n something fierce.  I wanted to cheat so bad, but thankfully I made it through the day.  I hope tomorrow will be an easier day.  :)

Tomorrow will be easier. Each day will get easier and you will slowly forget it. It's been almost a year and a half for me now, and rarely even have the thought to want to dip.

I was at the Gallatin IDPA Classifier the other week and that was the first urge I've had in a long time. Like others have said, some days it doesn't seem like it would take much to pick it back up again, you just have to remain strong and believe it when you tell yourself that quitting is what YOU want for you.

I don't know what it is going to take to me want to quit dipping.  I want to want to, but I don't.  Tell me that doesn't sound like victim thinking.

Good luck!  It is a foolish, disgusting habit.

This looks like a pretty good reason to me...

photo-9959.jpg?_r=1350003438

• Like 2