buying a truck, need advice

Its an 07, has the 5.7 iforce v8. When i bought it it had 96900 miles. It has about 97500 on it now. No issues whatsoever, im still lovin it. They had the truck listed at $18900. Ended up getting it for $18200. I had a pretty decent down payment to go with it, so i didnt have to finance the whole amount thank the good lord. All in all i was very happy with the deal. According to kbb clean retail on it is still $19900. So i think i did pretty good. Any other q's just ask. Thanks for the compliment!
[quote name="wewoapsiak" post="1139297" timestamp="1397621514"]That's why you have to make sure you have Truck Nutz on there, can't be entering a contest with half a package. Sent from the blue lagoon.[/quote] Ugh, most tasteless vehicle accessory, ever. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[quote name="wewoapsiak" post="1139297" timestamp="1397621514"]That's why you have to make sure you have Truck Nutz on there, can't be entering a contest with half a package. Sent from the blue lagoon.[/quote] Have a chrome set on the way...

I've got a 1990 Toyota that I bought new. It's got 225K miles and I don't think I've spent more than $1500 on it the entire time I've owned it, other than for normal wear items. Kinda the reason I'm looking at a Tundra rather than a Ford or Chevy.

• Like 1
[quote name="Johnny Rotten" post="1139589" timestamp="1397686103"]Really[/quote] Yeah I don't agree. Plenty on here could be accused of the same only with guns Trucks can be hobbies just like anything else. I guarantee my next will have oversized tires and accessories....but no hanging nut sack. But we digress.....Nice Truck Man
  • Like 1

Yeah. The whole "big vehicle = tiny weiner" smacks of jealousy or something to me. I mean, everyone has their interests and unless you've been out surveying, where do you get the data for that anyway.

Though I do drive small vehicles myself... :)

Guest Authenticman
If you can hold off a few months the nre ford body style will be on the '15 models. This should drive down the resale value on the previous body styles. Maybe you will find a better deal then? Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Me personally, im 6'4" 220lb,least need a roomy vehicle. No i dont need a jacked up truck, and quite frankly i dont have one but would really like one when i can afford it. But i do have to have an extended cab or larger. I cant fit comfortably in even a full sized reg cab.

If a man can afford it why not have the vehicle he wants? It is America after all, at least for now

Yeah. The whole "big vehicle = tiny weiner" smacks of jealousy or something to me. I mean, everyone has their interests and unless you've been out surveying, where do you get the data for that anyway.

Though I do drive small vehicles myself... :)

I'll admit to a bit of jealousy. 

I make a decent living but I sure don't have $40k to spend on a truck.  I also don't have an additional $10k-20k to spend on farkles for said truck. 

Seems like lots of these trucks are absolutely spotless.  Inside, outside, underneath, the bed.... everywhere.  So you've built yourself a truck that looks like it could climb Everest, but it's not got a spec of dirt or a scratch on it anywhere?  To me, the whole point of such a beast would be to haul things and go play with in the dirt.  So not only do these guys apparently have lots more money than me, they also have lots more time to sit around polishing their truck.  Sure would be nice to have that much spare time and money.  Wish I could do that.  

Edited by peejman
[quote name="peejman" post="1139750" timestamp="1397736032"]I'll admit to a bit of jealousy. I make a decent living but I sure don't have $40k to spend on a truck. I also don't have an additional $10k-20k to spend on farkles for said truck. [/quote] I've got a big ol truck. I didnt pay near 40k for it. I didn't put a bunch of bells and whistles on it either. It is for hauling. Would never risk damaging it by taking it off road. And to further emasculate myself regarding the reasons for purchasing a quad cab versus a regular cab pickup, I did it so I could fit car seats for the kids back there. My truck hauls and is still a family vehicle. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems like lots of these trucks are absolutely spotless.  Inside, outside, underneath, the bed.... everywhere.  So you've built yourself a truck that looks like it could climb Everest, but it's not got a spec of dirt or a scratch on it anywhere?  To me, the whole point of such a beast would be to haul things and go play with in the dirt.  So not only do these guys apparently have lots more money than me, they also have lots more time to sit around polishing their truck.  Sure would be nice to have that much spare time and money.  Wish I could do that.  

I believe you can buy spray-on dirt for that authentic off-road look.

It all depends on what you value. Myself, I value economy, handling and having sufficient power and, occasionally access to the open air so I don't really "get" trucks that aren't work trucks but to each their own. Just don't sit there bitching at me about the cost of your commute as one co-worker was wont to do.

Edited by tnguy
  • Like 1

I've got a big ol truck. I didnt pay near 40k for it. I didn't put a bunch of bells and whistles on it either. It is for hauling. Would never risk damaging it by taking it off road. And to further emasculate myself regarding the reasons for purchasing a quad cab versus a regular cab pickup, I did it so I could fit car seats for the kids back there. My truck hauls and is still a family vehicle. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I did get a truck, it'd also have to be a crew cab for the car seats.  The 6 yr old really wants me to get a black diesel dually. 

sorry, did not mean to open a can of worms or a cup of hate.

See what you did!  It's all your fault!   ;)

No hate on my part.  Just one of the many things that I don't understand.

If I did get a truck, it'd also have to be a crew cab for the car seats.  The 6 yr old really wants me to get a black diesel dually. 

My boy is just a little younger than yours and he loves riding in Daddy's truck.  I got quite a deal on mine, but I'm a hard person to haggle with.  I was just brought in on a haggling tactic where you get a cashier's check from your bank for the cost of the vehicle you're looking for, then walk right in with the check.  They'd have to pass up the cash waving in front of their face not to give you the deal.  I bought a quad cab Dodge Ram for just over 20k.  I can't imagine life without it.

My boy is just a little younger than yours and he loves riding in Daddy's truck.  I got quite a deal on mine, but I'm a hard person to haggle with.  I was just brought in on a haggling tactic where you get a cashier's check from your bank for the cost of the vehicle you're looking for, then walk right in with the check.  They'd have to pass up the cash waving in front of their face not to give you the deal.  I bought a quad cab Dodge Ram for just over 20k.  I can't imagine life without it.

Grandpa (my Dad) has a crew cab truck.  The boys love riding in grandpa's truck.  I've got an SUV and a utility trailer.  If I didn't have the trailer, I'd have a truck, though likely not a black diesel dually.  

I'm told that you can get a better price sometimes if you finance through the dealer.  They think they're gonna make money on the financing so they'll ease off the price a little.  Then just pay the whole thing off on the first payment (assuming no penalty for early payment).