500,000 rounds of 22 - Brentwood, TN

Guest devline

[quote name="TripleDigitRide" post="1131099" timestamp="1396018484"]I shared my opinion on their Facebook page. This is the response I received: Does the average retailer normally have a markup of $10, $15, $20 on a single brick of .22?[/quote] Normal margin from my understanding on ammo is between 40-50% gross. So a $20 brick should cost the dealer between $10-12. Before everyone flips out this is gross and a lot of expenses need to come out of that. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Normal margin from my understanding on ammo is between 40-50% gross. So a $20 brick should cost the dealer between $10-12. Before everyone flips out this is gross and a lot of expenses need to come out of that. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Actually selling a brick for $20 that only cost them $10 is 100% mark up.

It all comes down to EW having the right to charge whatever they want whether $5 per brick or $500 a brick BUT consumers have the right to praise them for selling it a $5 per brick or crucify him for charging $500 each and everywhere in between. If a few people were overreacting about the price they would have just brushed it off and everyone else would have "come a runnin" to buy all he had to sell but that wasn't the case because it didn't sell, the most sought after ammo in the country,,, and it still wouldn't sell. Kinda makes me think that most everyone that walked in or saw it on Facebook  and thought that maybe the guy was smokin' rock when he decided what price to slap on the boxes.. ?

Guest kommac

Unlike most people on this thread, I was actually at the Everything Weapons store this past week to pick up some ammo and a couple mags. Their Armscor 22LR price is at $55/500rds now. Also, there is a 10% discount on everything in the store except guns. So they're paying our sales tax, which I think is great. Finally, as I am a poor college student, I used to buy guns online at Buds or cheaperthandirt and have them transferred to EW because their transfer fee is reasonable and they are very helpful with any questions I have and don't ignore me like other gun stores around town. But last week, I noticed that most if not all of their guns are match priced with buds! I don't know how a storefront retailer can afford to do that, but they obviously manage. I appreciate having a place in town like EW and I will continue to visit the store, regularly. I'm not going to condemn an entire locally owned and operated business just because they had a high price on ONE particular ammo. Like other people said, who knows what their cost is? If you can find it elsewhere cheaper, then good for you. But some of us, who don't want to get up at 4am to stand in line at walmart for substandard Winchester 333 that won't even cycle in my 22, will go to EW. 

[quote name="kommac" post="1132140" timestamp="1396216297"]Unlike most people on this thread, I was actually at the Everything Weapons store this past week to pick up some ammo and a couple mags. Their Armscor 22LR price is at $55/500rds now. Also, there is a 10% discount on everything in the store except guns. So they're paying our sales tax, which I think is great. Finally, as I am a poor college student, I used to buy guns online at Buds or cheaperthandirt and have them transferred to EW because their transfer fee is reasonable and they are very helpful with any questions I have and don't ignore me like other gun stores around town. But last week, I noticed that most if not all of their guns are match priced with buds! I don't know how a storefront retailer can afford to do that, but they obviously manage. I appreciate having a place in town like EW and I will continue to visit the store, regularly. I'm not going to condemn an entire locally owned and operated business just because they had a high price on ONE particular ammo. Like other people said, who knows what their cost is? If you can find it elsewhere cheaper, then good for you. But some of us, who don't want to get up at 4am to stand in line at walmart for substandard Winchester 333 that won't even cycle in my 22, will go to EW. [/quote] Interesting choice for a your first post on TGO. Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 4

But last week, I noticed that most if not all of their guns are match priced with buds! I don't know how a storefront retailer can afford to do that, but they obviously manage.

If they price match Buds for guns they have in stock; they will be successful no matter what’s said here. (Forgive me if I’m skeptical of that)

I won’t Judge them on one item. $20 an hour for the range is high, but I guess it works for that area.

Looks like we are getting more competition in the area.
Guest semiautots

If they price match Buds for guns they have in stock; they will be successful no matter what’s said here. (Forgive me if I’m skeptical of that)

I won’t Judge them on one item. $20 an hour for the range is high, but I guess it works for that area.

Looks like we are getting more competition in the area.

Really?  Where's the new competition?  I hope it's a range . . .

I wouldn't think that very many brick and mortar gun stores in the US could price match Bud's all the time and stay in biz period, unless selling firearms isn't a mission critical part of it.

- OS

• Like 1

Really?  Where's the new competition?  I hope it's a range . . .

If I ever hit the lottery I will put up a Gun/Archery shop and range that will be the envy of the country. I won’t have to charge crazy prices I will have all the business in the area. biggrin.gif
kommac, on 30 Mar 2014 - 4:51 PM, said:

Unlike most people on this thread, I was actually at the Everything Weapons store this past week to pick up some ammo and a couple mags. Their Armscor 22LR price is at $55/500rds now. Also, there is a 10% discount on everything in the store except guns. So they're paying our sales tax, which I think is great. Finally, as I am a poor college student, I used to buy guns online at Buds or cheaperthandirt and have them transferred to EW because their transfer fee is reasonable and they are very helpful with any questions I have and don't ignore me like other gun stores around town. But last week, I noticed that most if not all of their guns are match priced with buds! I don't know how a storefront retailer can afford to do that, but they obviously manage. I appreciate having a place in town like EW and I will continue to visit the store, regularly. I'm not going to condemn an entire locally owned and operated business just because they had a high price on ONE particular ammo. Like other people said, who knows what their cost is? If you can find it elsewhere cheaper, then good for you. But some of us, who don't want to get up at 4am to stand in line at walmart for substandard Winchester 333 that won't even cycle in my 22, will go to EW. 

:rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  

• Like 1
[quote name="Luke E." post="1131444" timestamp="1396062400"] Actually selling a brick for $20 that only cost them $10 is 100% mark up.[/quote] That's not the way it works. 10/20=50% Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 1

That's not the way it works. 10/20=50% Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That looks like government math.

- OS

Kinda what I thought OS. Guess if I go into a gun shop and they have a rifle listed at $500 plus a 50% discount that would make it free? I'm thinking they are going to ring it up at $250... 

That's not the way it works. 10/20=50% Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That looks like government math.

- OS

Kinda what I thought OS. Guess if I go into a gun shop and they have a rifle listed at $500 plus a 50% discount that would make it free? I'm thinking they are going to ring it up at $250...

Jimmy has an apple for the teacher that he paid $1 for. Little Johnny is in trouble with the teacher again and gives Jimmy $2 so he can give it to the teacher. What percentage profit did Jimmy make on the apple?

biggrin.gif

Jimmy has an apple for the teacher that he paid $1 for. Little Johnny is in trouble with the teacher again and gives Jimmy $2 so he can give it to the teacher. What percentage profit did Jimmy make on the apple?

biggrin.gif

50% according to some people. :)

Those people would be wrong, though...

• Like 1