Deadly NIle Crocodile in Florida Everglades

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

Well they have caught three of them, this is the third. They were tracking this one. So they have big Alligators, American Crocodiles, males can grow to 20 feet, Giant Burmese Pythons, two subspecies of African Rock Python, Yellow Anacondas, Bears, big Boar and 26% of the species (Including Plant life) are invasive-non native, not to mention the "very deadly"  Nile Crocodile (Fish and Game do not know actually how many they have since it took 2 years to catch this one). 

So I have a question. If you break down on 41 or 75 at night, do you get out and try to fix your car, or maybe walk to get assistance? And what is the record for distance before being eaten so far?  :dirty:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/13/deadly-nile-crocodile-captured-in-florida-everglades/?intcmp=trending

Edited by TankerHC

You'd probably have better luck with the wildlife than if you were to break down west of I-95 in South Florida. East of 95 is all good but as soon go under that over pass it's like some sort of magic portal transports you into the ghetto. It's like Narnia but with hair picks, hi-points, thugs, and switch blades.

Edited by whitewolf001
  • Like 3

Well they have caught three of them, this is the third. They were tracking this one. So they have big Alligators, American Crocodiles, males can grow to 20 feet, Giant Burmese Pythons, two subspecies of African Rock Python, Yellow Anacondas, Bears, big Boar and 26% of the species (Including Plant life) are invasive-non native, not to mention the "very deadly"  Nile Crocodile (Fish and Game do not know actually how many they have since it took 2 years to catch this one). 

So I have a question. If you break down on 41 or 75 at night, do you get out and try to fix your car, or maybe walk to get assistance? And what is the record for distance before being eaten so far?  :dirty:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/13/deadly-nile-crocodile-captured-in-florida-everglades/?intcmp=trending

From what i've seen on TV shows those S. American crocks are alot more agressive than N. American gators. What's next? Hippo's? No problem though, just carry Mr. .44mag with you and stay aware.

I LOVE fried Gator, that stuff is too good. I've also always wanted to try Iguana and Rattlesnake. Iguana they call in South America the "tree chicken", lol.

Iguana is phenomenal. I ate that during a year in Belize.  One of my fond memories is a roadside stand 50 miles from nowhere on the Southern Highway.  The proprietor's kids would run along side of the vehicle (often a bus w/passengers & chickens hanging out the windows) shouting "TAMALE! TAMALE!".  I watched many a tourist eat iguana (and God knows what else) for the first time there.

I LOVE fried Gator, that stuff is too good. I've also always wanted to try Iguana and Rattlesnake. Iguana they call in South America the "tree chicken", lol.

Rattlesnake is good, I've had it a few times but been a couple years. Ate several different meats at wild game suppers.

Been eye to eye with gators in the glades before.  I used to fish out there most Mondays during the summer.  One time we were way out,  no cell reception at all.  The dummy I fished with who owned the boat forgot to put the plug in.  We were within two inches of the boat totally sinking before he got it running and got the water draining out.  Them gators were looking at me and licking their lips.  I was upt to my chest in water with my thumb shoved in the drain hole.

Also saw iguanas that were five feet long.  They would come up out of the canal at the golf course I worked at. They'd sit on the cart path bridges and scare the crap out of the members.

I;d want no part of a croc.

And i dunno what croc's taste but Gator's really tasted like chicken.

Was in Florida a few months back and cooked about 5 lbs of gator tail. Friend of the family was having his gator farm shut down by the Feds, so we got a bunch of meat. If I didn't have 10 tons of kids' crap shoved into my wife's SUV, I'd a brought a few tails back to TN in a cooler. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I love gator tail. Not bs from restaurant but good fresh stuff. My wife cooks good gator tail. I reckon croc tastes the same... FL is full of all kinds of critters. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the did find a hippo.

the country club I worked at for five years or so here in Knox would serve animal meat for lunch that corresponded to the mascot UT was playing that Saturday.  When they played South Carolina we got chicken that day, when they played Georgia we got hot dogs, when they played Florida we got gator. etc...  I remember the last time they played ND here in Knoxville, they served up corned beef and cabbage, LOL.  I suggested they serve goat after UT got beaten by my Irish.

No problem though, just carry Mr. .44mag with you and stay aware.

Negative sir, stand your grand doesn't apply to wildlife in Florida.  Instead, they will be required to use rape whistles and call 911 to wait for help.

[quote name="JWC" post="1124843" timestamp="1394857852"]I love gator tail. Not bs from restaurant but good fresh stuff.[/quote] I've never had good gator tail at a restaurant. It is always over-breaded like chicken tenders then over cooked. It ends up tasting like chewy chicken, which is why I suppose many people say it tastes like chicken. It actually tastes nothing like chicken, that's just all that KFC style breaking they coat it with. We use a very, very light dusting of breading which will have a few unique spices/herbs and take it out of the fryer before it turns golden brown. The meat is far more tender and flavorful. If you want to get an idea of the unique flavor of gator that hasn't been cooked out, pan fry it in a little oil and give it a pinch of salt and a little spicy stuff like cayenne to balance it out. I can promise you that it would never be mistaken for chicken. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wait...If gators, crocs, snakes, and pigs were not enough we now have a problem with these..

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/02/exotic-4-foot-lizards-invading-florida/ 

Yep, Tegu's are some MEAN suckers, definitely don't wanna grab one without protective gloves on and getting control of that head as they'll take your fingers clean off the bone. Also a nasty sucker you guys are dealing with...

Snakehead_fish.jpg