East Tn members shoot October

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mars used to make a new sticky each month. No one has stepped up to do this. I thought I would make a thread for it.

we need a location to shoot. Still the third Saturday of the month.

Third Saturday would be October 18

Since I've now paid for a year at the Norris range, wouldn't mind it being there again.

It was pretty crowded last Sat when we got there about 12:30, no positions available on the rifle range, but 4 of us could get started on pistol "range" part, and the other one freed up by about 2.

Let's see, the Voles play at home, that will likely be a 12:30 game by then?

If so, range might be relatively sparse for them who don't care about watching it? (like me)

- OS

Yeah, Norris is a pretty good range, and goes out to 250 yards (I think?), with target stands at 50, 100, and 250 yards. The pistol range is nice, though the amount of bullet impacts in the stumps being used as chairs was a bit unnerving, though they were way too far back for pistol shooting (everyone sets up well in front of them). There is an ungodly amount of what looks like .223 brass in the pistol bay.

I got the scope attached to the Armscor, and it really seems like it could be a tack driver. Does anyone have some sand bags I could use to really get it as zeroed as I can? I already got it zeroed as best as I could at about 20 yards.

Guest Phantom6

Norris sounds good to me as well. Cody I'll bring the sandbags unless you want to stop by the shop and pick some up so you can go tune up your rifle before the shoot. Eating at Shoney's again?

PM, it's $15 for one day (plus a $10 deposit for a key if you weren't with one of us) or $30 for a year membership (July to July), and no deposit for key.

It's a nice range with concrete/cinderblock benches and log seats. The rifle range has backers at 50, 100, and 250 (or so) yards, and you can see if Mike has any campaign yard signs left for anything inbetween.

I don't think the pistol bay really has a set range, just everyone on it decide on how far. The tables look to be about 25-30 yards or so.

BD, I'm going to try and get mom ot go, since she DID get a membership. It's a nice range that she needs to go to.

Mike, I'd take you up on your offer, but I'm limited on range and I have no form of table (well, plausible table or other solid surface) as of this moment (there MIGHT be an old folding table in my grandparent's attic somewhere). As well, my range is limited to about 30 yards at best for the moment, so I'm going ot use the almost-right-on 20 yard zero to move on to 50 (and if I REALLY want ot push this little Filipino toy, 100 yards after that)

Thanks for the scope Mike, it is awesome. It takes a LOT of clicks to make any substantial movement at 20 yards, but it keeps a zero well and POI doesn't change when changing magnification. It was a great price, too. The rings were almost as much as the scope, funnily enough. But still quite cheap. EVERYONE should buy from Mike! He has a great price on a 336 kit, unless someone bought it.

PM, it's $15 for one day (plus a $10 deposit for a key if you weren't with one of us) or $30 for a year membership (July to July), and no deposit for key....

June 30 is annual renewal, so you'd still get 9 months for the $30, reason I went ahead and did it. If you just go 3 or 4 times in a year, it's pretty much worth it, unless you have land you can shoot on for free.

If you do the year, you get the keep key, just go and shoot. You don't even have to turn the key back in if you don't renew...they change the lock every year :)

- OS

It's definitely worth it. It's the price of 2 days, so even if you only go 2 days ,you pretty much come out on top with not having to pay the key deposit. Any more than than 2 days, and you are doing great.

EDIT: I almost pulled a BRD. I was looking at a little Holosight from Daisy while looking for rings, and deciding if I should get it too and put the holosight on the Armscor and put the scope on the Marlin (since the Marlin would pull out more potential of both the scope and ammo anyway), but decided to put it on the Armscor since I was SURE it had a 3/8" base and it's sights were broken anyway.

Edited by c.a.s.
Bah come closer to Chattanooga :)

What's happened to that N Gawga/Nooga gathering that I've seen listed here some?

I thought I'd try to time a visit to Mom down there with one and meet some of y'all, but looks like it went poof.

- OS

Guest hustle
So someone tell me about Norris Range. How much does it cost to shoot there? Any females going?

I'm not going. It's a little too far from home for me with gas $. Do they ever have this more towards the Western part of the area?

Guest hustle

I shoot out at my Dad's house. He isn't a fan of crowds, and he's a bit paranoid. Not a good plan. I'll ask around to see where some of my buddies shoot. Most of them go to Coal Creek though.

Guest c.a.s.

If we go too far I'd have to carpool because of gas. Not like I ever really take much, just a grocery bag with muffs, ammo, and targets, and my one or two rifles.

Guest c.a.s.
Cody, why don't you either fix or drop that link in your sig?

- OS

I haven't clicked on it in forever. Once i did, I tried ot fix it. But dang, JPFO seems ot have deleted the file. IT was hitler pasted over a target.

I'll be looking for one to replace it.

EDIT: Fixed it.

Edited by c.a.s.
Guest Linoge

For once, I might actually be able to make this one. Yeah, I said that last time, but this time Better Half will be out of town, and I really will not have any plans. Good thing it was not this weekend - I will be at this.

Guest Gun Geek

Dang it, I finally get done with school, and think that I may be able to get to one of these and this weekend I get an invitation to my sister's wedding. Is it bad if you dont show up to a wedding. She's been married a few times does that help??? I dont want to give my girl friend any crazy ideas. Shoot shoot shoot.

Dang it, I finally get done with school, and think that I may be able to get to one of these and this weekend I get an invitation to my sister's wedding. Is it bad if you dont show up to a wedding. She's been married a few times does that help??? I dont want to give my girl friend any crazy ideas. Shoot shoot shoot.

Tell her you'll make the next one. :koolaid:

I should be able to make it out and make my triumphant return to the world of TGO and it's gatherings.

Now to find some reasonably priced .223 locally...yeah right :koolaid:

At least 9mm is still relatively cheap.

Can someone post up an address to the police station? Every time I've went before I've followed someone there, and its been a few months so it isn't in the memory banks.

Edited by Branket