Fred phelps of Westboro church near death

I can think of nothing nice to say about this guy so I won't except Adios douchebag.

From huffpost

Fred Phelps, the founder of the highly controversial Westboro Baptist Church, which is known for protesting high-profile funerals with signs that read "God Hates Fags," is said to be dying at a hospice center in Kansas.

The news comes via Nate Phelps, one of Fred's estranged children, who wrote this in a Facebook post Saturday night.

I've learned that my father, Fred Phelps, Sr., pastor of the "God Hates Fags" Westboro Baptist Church, was ex-communicated from the "church" back in August of 2013. He is now on the edge of death at Midland Hospice house in Topeka, Kansas.
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Terribly ironic that his devotion to his god ends this way. Destroyed by the monster he made.

I feel sad for all the hurt he's caused so many. I feel sad for those who will lose the grandfather and father they loved. And I'm bitterly angry that my family is blocking the family members who left from seeing him, and saying their good-byes.

In an interview with Patheos, Nate confirmed the statement was true, saying he'd spoken with several other family members who, like him, had previously been "excommunicated" from the church.

Westboro Baptist Church did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Huffington Post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
  • Like 1

It's hard not to feel sadness at the approaching loss of any life.

But if ever a human being has caused more grief and cast more hate among us( Short of Judas Iscariot); he will be hard to find.

Pastor Phelps had caused untold anguish to so many lives it is beyond human belief. When he meets his Maker, I feel a long explanation will be due.

• Like 2

Romans 12:19Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says The Lord He will answer to the one who is righteous to Judge.

Amen to that too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

What joy did this man have in life?  He died bitter, lonely and full of hatred.  He lived in a misery of his own and masked it by lashing out at society in an attempt to spread his misery to others.  I'd almost feel sorry for him if it weren't for the added anguish they brought to the families of fallen Servicemembers in their time of mourning.  For that, Fred Phelps and his people need to be run over by a garbage truck.

• Like 2
  • Moderators

Derek Webb (singer, former member of Cademon's Call) who once wrote a song called "Freddie Please" about Phelps, summed it up perfectly for me.

i believe fred phelps will soon be free of his intense hatred. if God’s grace isn’t sufficient for the worst, there’s no hope for anyone.

I won't take any joy or satisfaction in this news. I only pray that he can find the peace in the Father's arms that he apparently wasn't able to find in life.

• Like 4
Guest GT_Rat

A big part of me wants to be the better man and express sorrow at the loss of life. But another part wants to say, "Don't let the door of life hit you in the ass on the way out." Maybe I should just say him leaving the world makes it a better place. Sounds  a little nicer anyway.

Didn't know him, couldn't care.
BUT, after reading up on him one thing comes to mind.

That old skit from snl i think it was, with Jim Carrey as an angry office worker telling everyone that speaks to him "I'll see you in hell". Of course the end of the skit shows him arriving in hell and sure enough, there they are, lol.
Guest TankerHC

Derek Webb (singer, former member of Cademon's Call) who once wrote a song called "Freddie Please" about Phelps, summed it up perfectly for me.

I won't take any joy or satisfaction in this news. I only pray that he can find the peace in the Father's arms that he apparently wasn't able to find in life.

He won't be in his father's arms. He will enter and judgment should take about 3 seconds then he will be where he belongs.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

It's hard not to feel sadness at the approaching loss of any life.

But if ever a human being has caused more grief and cast more hate among us( Short of Judas Iscariot); he will be hard to find.

Pastor Phelps had caused untold anguish to so many lives it is beyond human belief. When he meets his Maker, I feel a long explanation will be due.

I'm neither happy or sad but I won't miss him or his hatred and I suspect the world will be a better place once he's assumed room temperature.

• Moderators
[quote name="TankerHC" post="1125778" timestamp="1395065908"]He won't be in his father's arms. He will enter and judgment should take about 3 seconds then he will be where he belongs. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2[/quote] Takes a lot of certainty to be able to declare that judgement on another. That's a level of hubris I just can't rise to.
  • Like 2

Ole Fred wuz no more a Christian than i am a chinese aviator (...and i aint one....)..... He gave great occasion for the haters of God to blaspheme Him... He will now answer for those heinous deeds done in the flesh in the Name of God.... The lesson here is to be careful what you are and what you present yourself to be.... Jesus said:...."....By their fruits you shall know them...."....  Ole Fred's fruits are pretty ratty....

I'm glad he is gone....

leroy

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

Takes a lot of certainty to be able to declare that judgement on another. That's a level of hubris I just can't rise to.

Apparently God can do that. Depending on what your Religion is he will either be Accepted into Heaven, Sent to Purgatory, sent to hell, get his virgins, live with the souls of Animals, and about 100 different other things. Mine says he will end up in Hell. 

Edited by TankerHC
  • Moderators
[quote name="TankerHC" post="1125796" timestamp="1395068078"]Apparently God can do that. Depending on what your Religion is he will either be Accepted into Heaven, Sent to Purgatory, sent to hell, get his virgins, live with the souls of Animals, and about 100 different other things. Mine says he will end up in Hell. [/quote] It wasn't God's certainty I was questioning.
  • Like 1
Guest TankerHC

Takes a lot of certainty to be able to declare that judgement on another. That's a level of hubris I just can't rise to.

Seems you have already risen to that "hubris" with "I only pray that he can find the peace in the Father's arms"

That would also show some certainty. Fact is, I honestly do not care a whole lot about Fred Phelps except for the fact that he has done things that no one will know whether or not he will ever pay for. 

I heard a Priest say "All animosity ends in death, even for Despots. When they are gone, it was and no longer is. It doesnt matter what you, I, or anyone else think's or say's, they can no longer do anything and neither can you, or I, or anyone else.

His family and followers who continue to carry out his douchbaggery are a different story altogether.  

• Moderators
[quote name="TankerHC" post="1125818" timestamp="1395071141"]Seems you have already risen to that "hubris" with "[color=rgb(40,40,40)][font=helvetica][size=3][background=rgb(247,247,247)]I only pray that he can find the peace in the Father's arms"[/background][/size][/font][/color] [size=4][color=rgb(40,40,40)][font=helvetica][background=rgb(247,247,247)]That would also show some certainty. Fact is, I honestly do not care a whole lot about Fred Phelps except for the fact that he has done things that no one will know wheth[/background][/font][/color][/size][color=rgb(40,40,40)][font=helvetica][background=rgb(247,247,247)]er or not he will ever pay for.[/background][/font][/color][color=rgb(40,40,40)][font=helvetica][background=rgb(247,247,247)] [/background][/font][/color] [color=rgb(40,40,40)][font=helvetica][background=rgb(247,247,247)]I heard a Priest say "All animosity ends in death, even for Despots. When they are gone, it was and no longer is. It doesnt matter what you, I, or anyone else think's or say's, they can no longer do anything and neither can you, or I, or anyone else. [/background][/font][/color] [color=rgb(40,40,40)][font=helvetica][background=rgb(247,247,247)]His family and followers who continue to carry out his douchbaggery are a different story altogether. [/background][/font][/color][/quote] I think you read too much into and misinterpret my words. I do pray he finds peace in the Father's arms, I pray all people do. That doesn't make it so. I don't get to decide who does and doesn't, I'm not God and thank God for that. I'm far too mean and spiteful to be a just and good one. That was my whole point from the beginning. None of us are qualified to state with any certainty who is going to be given eternal life or death. The only person whose salvation I have any input on is my own and even that is questionable how much input I really have. Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 3
Guest TankerHC
If I'm wrong i will be the first to admit it. I was wrong. Thought you were insulting me personally. My apologies. I was completely wrong.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2