What's your avatar picture?

Mine is a 7.62x25 Tokarev loaded with a 168g SMK with a 45 ACP next to it for comparison. I was using it to shoot heavy, subsonic bullets long before subsonic loads were popular.

I still long for a gun chambered in the caliber because it is an amazing caliber. It is probably one of the best defensive calibers out there but because it is an old Russian round no one takes it seriously. It is capable of defeating level 3 soft armor as well as level 3 ballistic helmets with surplus FMJ loads out of a pistol.
  • Like 1

I suppose mine is pretty self-explanatory; it's me and my basset hound and I love the pic.

My sister took it this past Christmas; I had just sat down in their brand new leather easy chair and Wally decided he wanted to be in my lap so a few seconds after I sat down, Wally jumped into my lap!

Pic I stole of some other cantankerous and rebellious old fart who I figgered would have noticed and threatened me by now.  Combines two of my lifelong favs, guns and booze, though sadly only the guns are used for a good many years now.

- OS

• Like 2

Mine is a mug shot of some guy that made the news in an interesting way several months back. 

Man Arrested for Freaking Moviegoers Out During Zombie Flick

"So when Darrell Reynolds walked into a showing of World War Z at a theater in Bryan last Friday night and started making motions with his hands, holding them in the shape of a gun, and making shooting noises with his voice, it came as no surprise he was busted."

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2013/07/man_arrested_for_freaking_movi.php

Edited by vontar
  • Like 1

We share the same name, and I grew up watching him on tv.  When I was younger, I hated being called Mr. Rogers.  Now that I have gotten older, I have gained more respect for the man's accomplishments, and I realize how genuinely good natured and kind the man was.

• Like 5