pub owners message to gun owners

I agree that every business owner has the right to pick who and what comes in their business. Its the way this guy went about stating it that makes me mad. We are douchebags according to this guy.

Don't let it get to you.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and free speech.  What he states does not make you mad, only you can allow yourself to be mad.

Guest TresOsos

I agree that every business owner has the right to pick who and what comes in their business.

I'm sorry but this really is not the case, this was decided during the civil rights movement of the 60's.

You can get by with No Shoes, No shirt, No Service as long as it pertains to everyone.

Try No Blacks or No Hispanics now days and see how far tha gets you.

Personally if that had been in TN I'd have carried in the place, its not a legal posting.

After reading SC law, his sign did not meet SC's law for proper signage.

Edited by TresOsos

I'm sorry but this really is not the case, this was decided during the civil rights movement of the 60's.
You can get by with No Shoes, No shirt, No Service as long as it pertains to everyone.
Try No Blacks or No Hispanics now days and see how far tha gets you.

Personally if that had been in TN I'd have carried in the place, its not a legal posting.

After reading SC law, his sign did not meet SC's law for proper signage.

It was decided *before* the civil rights movement because it was laws which forced business owners to segregate that otherwise might not have. Edited by tnguy
  • Like 1
Guest TresOsos

But why would you want to patron a place that does not want you?  It seems a bit silly.

I'd probably take up a table, order a glass of water and tell him he's a dumbass who lost my bidness.

It's always funny to me that these idiots rave about guns when they sell a product, when abused, has contributed to more injuries and deaths than personal firearms ever will. If he's been in business long he's probably allowed some drunk to leave his pub, get in their car and kill someone on the road or highway.
People like him are stuck in this mentality like when Bob Costos made that moronic remark about how if a 250+ pound football player didn't have a gun he wouldn't have killed a 110lb woman, when in reality if that big football player hadn't been raging drunk and p!ssed at the world he most likely wouldn't have killed that woman. If he didn't have a gun he would have choked or beat her to death easily. I wonder what pub/bar/club/liqor store he was in getting drunk and mad before he killed her? The gun was just the tool, the booze was the trigger.
  • Like 4
Guest copperhead_1911

Wimp changed his phone number. I had the new number ( forgot it since then) it was busy. I hope the moron loses his business. its one thing to put a no guns sign up, but his comment is overkill.

Does this mean I can't post a sign that says no douchebag liberals allowed?  I seem to recall something similar commented on at a recent gun show.  It's a slippery slop folks.  Why step on it?

Let the man have his opinion and express it.  If it offends you, let it go and move on down the road to a vendor who respects you.

Edited by sigmtnman
Guest copperhead_1911

Does this mean I can't post a sign that says no douchebag liberals allowed?  I seem to recall something similar commented on at a recent gun show.  It's a slippery slop folks.  Why step on it?

Let the man have his opinion and express it.  If it offends you, let it go and move on down the road to a vendor who respects you.

I am sure you could, I would think of that myself. I have heard of many gun shops with signs that say "If you voted for Obama we don't want your business"

• 2 months later...
I'm guessing that is not going to do much for his business. While I never carry if I'm going to have an adult beverage, I can if I'm just going in for lunch and tea. I certainly would not give this guy a red cent of my money. Michael Noirot Clarksville, Tennessee Life member National Rifle Association Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This just can't be true, he had a "no guns" sign on his door. Certainly everyone would obey the sign wouldn't they?

I feel sympathy for the employees that were assualted, but as far as the idiot owner goes,

HAAAAAAA  HAAAAAAA  HAAAAAA  HAAAAAAA  :rofl: 

• Like 1

Apparently, his excuse is that the robbers came in the back door, and didn't see the sign.

Yes. He is the new King of Moronovia.

did he really cite no gun buster sign on the back door as the reason they were robbed?   Too funny!

• Like 1

Did it not say he was a ccp holder? I guess that is the lefts mentality. Good for me not for you. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......

I wonder if he leaves his gun at home when he is at work since his place is posted NO GUNS ALLOWED even though he has a carry permit.......??????